Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New units for a new mod!

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: New units for a new mod!

Brilliant. You are the AK-47 of texturers...you don´t happen to switch identities in a fhoneboot do you? Besides the quality i am amazed with the speed. You should send a message to Amelianus, he can't miss this. Unfortunately i still can rep neither of you, but i won´t forget...
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

I have a lot of blanks. I'm doing a mod on the Imperial Crisis, starting in 2011. I've tried different versions of the models and textures and vanilla and bright. I have a lot of blank helmets, shields, weapons. The Internet has a lot of texture. Although sometimes you have to collect the parts! This - improvisation! The final model will be published later!

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Very nice.
    I am enthusiatic to take on the challenge

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Assume the reconstruction of the appearance Cornuti Seniores!

Nice. Well done!

Funny that you did them. I have them in my output either, I did a 3rd century (heavy armoured infantry) and a 4th century (light non-armoured infantry) variant.
    Will put them online on my Deviantarts account the next days.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Great news! Waiting for the release of Your mod! I was inspired by the sketches of Josef Hudi!

They will be rather studies/experiments than being in a mod.

Very sorry! I like Your units! They are very distinctive and recognizable!

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by asterion2005 View Post
    Always a pleasure to see your work. Congratulations
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Your work is amazing! I'd love to see some Kataphracts & Clibinarii units besides the infantry units. :O

Will this be a submod for IB or a standalone mod? The units look amazing! Any idea about the release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlus Lostus View Post
    Will this be a submod for IB or a standalone mod? The units look amazing! Any idea about the release date?
    This is a separate mod! Although, I'm planning to create my own unit pack for SAI. The timing is not yet known. Mod make one!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex647 View Post
    Your work is amazing! I'd love to see some Kataphracts & Clibinarii units besides the infantry units. :O
    I will try harder!

New legions in the game! The main thing is to follow through!
    Last edited by asterion2005; April 10, 2017 at 02:04 PM.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

New legions in the game!
    Please, in this time of tragic and horrible and painful disillusions, may someone tell me that I'm not just dreaming?

Do they wear muscled leather cuirasses? OMG! I'm moved! If only Wulfagr was here to see .. old chap!

This bronze! Not skin! Need make it more yellow!

This bronze! Not skin! Need make it more yellow!
    Oh well! .. In any case, seen that you still have a lot of stuff to do, you might even decide to keep the brown as it is now ...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have a colleague - critic! He re-enactor. He criticized many of my works as not historical. Therefore models made from scratch. He spoke very negatively about the presence of Roman leather armor.
    Although I think that the leather armor of the Romans was all the same!
    Last edited by asterion2005; April 11, 2017 at 07:54 AM.

Reenactors are nice guys and frequently (but not always) good men, but they are not a historical source.

- I think that Romans used many kinds of organic garments as armours ("Cento", "Coactis", as in Plinius, Naturalis Historia VIII.192: "Lanae et per se coactae vestem faciunt et, si addatur acetum, etiam ferrum resistunt" [they produce a garment of wool compressed in layers, if you add to it vinegar, it even withstands iron.], "Corius", "Malakos" (Greek Polybius), or "Thorax laneus" or even "Linothorax"), because as everybody can undrestand, if you come here in Italy (or in Greece) and you try to take a walk in the countryside on July or August (35°C/40°C!), you'll observe that it's phisically impossible for any human being wearing an iron armour and walking around for more than 15 or 20 minutes under Mediterranean sun without dying for heart attack or stroke.

- I don't think Rome had more resources than modern day NATO, so, if even NATO doesn't equip with Kevalr suites all his men, someone should explain me how could the Romans equip 300,000 men with iron armours between the III cent. BC and the III cent AD.
    - Cuir bouilli is a very strong material (try to cut the leather sole of a shoe with a single sword thrust .. try please!), cuir bouilli it's not expensive, is perfect for Roman economy based on farmers and breeders and we can't forget that muscled leather cuirasses are present in so many Roman artistic sources that .. it'd be pure demented madness ignoring them.

I stop here cause local Moderators already closed a thread about muscled cuirasses and, all in all, I know well that nobody care, .. in fact, for great part of modern mankind, iron armour is like some revealed truth, and we all know that there is little you can do against revealed truths, for revealed truth actually is nothing but god himself and .. people need god.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast