Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ACW 3.6.2 installer

Default Re: ACW 3.6.2 installer

Do you recommend this versions instead of the earlier 3.5 version?
    I am going to do a clean install of ETW in a new computer directly with Steam and will follows instructions but asking this in case this new version is still buggy compared to 3,5, thanks

I checked the thread, but I don't think this was resolved. When I play as Union, I can hear drummers and fifes playing on the Confederate side, but my troops are silent. Any fix to this?

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

This would be my first mod on Empire:Total War(as I just grabbed it on the cheap on the Summer sale, Praise Gaben). I'm a big history nerd(note the EB tags) and this looks like it would scratch my Confederate itch pretty well. My only concern is how this all works, as we all know that later TW titles get harder and harder to mod. Would installing this mod make it impossible to do the stuff from vanilla? I know ETW may not be the best title(reviews seem to indicate that Napolean fixed Empire), but I want to at least give it a good shot before moving on greyer pastures(heh).

Free Kekistan

I played this mod some years ago it it was fantastic, no problems at all. The only negative feedback I'd give is that I rememeber, playing as the Union, it took very long to finally beat the confederates when they only had a small area left, think around Richmond or some other important city, because the confederate forces were split into little armies and had to fight one by one. But maybe this is realistic historically, don't know.
    About ETW, I think it is still good, played recently with other mods and make sure you get a little adjustment/mod that's around here that gives you NTW type map graphics, as it improves the campaign and battle terrain greatly. It's here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post13913400

Foederatus

I have tried to install this twice after deleting every file and it's dog but no luck in playing it. Any ideas?

I'm having the exact same problem as Ricky I think. Every time I try a grand campaign it just reverts to the main menu.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem as Ricky I think. Every time I try a grand campaign it just reverts to the main menu.
    I got it to work last night. Played a couple of rounds and all was good. I loaded it this morning and then my daughter decided to press the plug power switch. Tried to re load and it doesn't work. Trying again now.

For anyone having issues installing the mod, or thinks they may have done it wrong, check out this guide I made. Hope it helps! =) Let me know in the comments if you run into an roadblocks.

Both links have trojan viruses about a 1/4 way through download, according to Windows.
    Last edited by nordherogaming; January 21, 2018 at 10:46 AM.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

According to all the scanners on Virus Total, the download is clean:

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Odd. This never happened as I have downloaded this many times before. I'll disable Windows Defender and check in tomorrow when I get off work.

Well it magically works now. Didn't even disable Windows Defender. Could've just been bugged since it worked after I shutdown then booted the computer the next day.

no matter how many shortcuts i try, its always quicker to use a clean install of Empire. it always works and its what they tell you to do in the install instructions.

happily playing again now
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

I downloaded and ran Exe file but nothing happened.

can someone help me please
    I have done everything but Windows says it cant fine file to start

Any ideas on why each time I hit start a new campaign it goes back to the main menu? I've reinstalled both the game and the mod 3 times now with no luck.

do you have Steam running?

Yes, but I do have the Road to Independence expansion installed. Could that be causing an issue?

Hi!
    I can't get the mod to work, I did a couple of clean installs already and I followed all the instructions on the page.
    I keep getting the following error:
    Application load error 5:0000065434

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast