Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ACW 3.6.2 installer

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: ACW 3.6.2 installer

Got this once or twice after the first install, then I restarted the computer and launched Steam and this never showed up again and the game+mod started normally.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Is your Steam install on a different drive than ETW? That is how I got that error. I had to copy steam.exe to the steam folder on the ETW drive and it worked fine after that. Either the launcher or steam checks for it before it loads.

i installed the 3.6.2 today, but it seems to be an older version. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael1213345 View Post
    i installed the 3.6.2 today, but it seems to be an older version. What happened?
    Install:
    1. Completely uninstall Empire and all mods
    2. re-install Empire, install no other mods
    3. Download and extract 3.6.2 installer.
    4. Run the installer and point it to your Empire folder (usually C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War)
    That's it.

Launching:
    1. Make sure Steam is running. Game will crash during launch if it's not.
    2. Run ACW3 launcher.
    3. Go to "Submods", unclick and reclick "Zone of Recruitment" <-------------------------------------------- Did you do this?
    4. Select US or CS (if you launch US, you can't play CS campaign and the other way around).
    5. Play game.

OH, i see. I need that activated. It's working now. THANKS!!

Why don't people read instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by 26th North Carolina Redcoat View Post
    The siege of Richmond bug is gone. Good work.

The campaign still crashes after 25 turns, however.
    It happened the same to me 2 times on two different campaigns, any solution ?

ariete's Avatar Foederatus

excuse me, is it possible, and preferable, have several copies of own empire total war game on own PC, so to can run huge-upsetting mods like this, in independent way?
    or this i believed is stupid becAUse the game refers itself always just to one script file in C:\user\...... to run the mods correctly?
    ama a civil war fan

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Why don't people read instructions?
    I, the people, read all the instructions and start game 100 times, always ctd ALWAYS
    Si la aventura de España me costara 100.000 hombres no lo intentaría pero no serán más de 12.000.
    Napoleon 1º
    ---------------------------------

If Spain's adventure cost me 100,000 men do not try but will not be over 12,000.
    Napoleon I

Delete your ENTIRE Steam ETW folder, don't just 'delete local content' via steam. Then, go to "C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\" and delete the ETW folder in there, you have to select to see 'hidden folders', then install ETW.

Run ETW once, just get to the start screen, then exit.

Run the new installer.

Even with a completely deleted ETW folder in the steam common folder and fresh install, you still have to find this hidden folder and delete it if you've ever used other mods or messed with scripts.

As far as the inevitable campaign CTD, it's a goddamn heartbreaker.

I think the only way to play this long term is to maybe find a hex/counter civil war game and do the strategic part there and then just fight the battles in custom with this one.

Any of the Civil War strategy buffs know of a good one? A simpler version of Civil War 2? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYrX6rqhnoU

Sure would be nice if a CA employee could take 10 minutes of his time and use their crash file troubleshooter and tell us what is causing it. It's probably something simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves In The Throne Room View Post
    Any of the Civil War strategy buffs know of a good one? A simpler version of Civil War 2? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYrX6rqhnoU
    Well, don't expect for a game to be as in-depth as this one and it be simple. Civil War 2 has a steep learning curve for some, but it only took me two days to know what I'm doing. Watch some gameplay from Charles Cummings and play the tutorial, you will be glad you did since the game is so re-playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Install:
    1. Completely uninstall Empire and all mods
    2. re-install Empire, install no other mods
    3. Download and extract 3.6.2 installer.
    4. Run the installer and point it to your Empire folder (usually C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War)
    That's it.

Launching:
    1. Make sure Steam is running. Game will crash during launch if it's not.
    2. Run ACW3 launcher.
    3. Go to "Submods", unclick and reclick "Zone of Recruitment" <-------------------------------------------- Did you do this?
    4. Select US or CS (if you launch US, you can't play CS campaign and the other way around).
    5. Play game.

Go to "Submods", unclick and reclick "Zone of Recruitment" <-------------------------------------------- Did you do this?

This can easily be misinterpreted since when first opened ZoR is off, by clicking it once and then twise as some people read it makes it remain disabled.
    Last edited by Fedual; December 04, 2016 at 10:07 AM.

Is it just 3.6.2 that the campaign messes up? Or does 3.5's campaign work good?

is this the only Civil War mod across the TW series which has a playable campaign?

Game loads fine, I pick my forces for quick battle fine, but as soon as I launch the game the music cuts and the game crashes. I've deleted all files and reinstalled this game and mod twice, I've clicked zone of recruitment, I copied the two files for the extra maps and Mexican-American War units and it crashes. It only started crashing after I copied those two files. I did it in the right place because they appear but i'm so tired of the game crashing when I hit play on the battle after choosing any unit.

Someone please help and tell me I've done some stupid obvious mistake. I just want to play this great mod.

Quote Originally Posted by leftbrainblues View Post
    Game loads fine, I pick my forces for quick battle fine, but as soon as I launch the game the music cuts and the game crashes. I've deleted all files and reinstalled this game and mod twice, I've clicked zone of recruitment, I copied the two files for the extra maps and Mexican-American War units and it crashes. It only started crashing after I copied those two files. I did it in the right place because they appear but i'm so tired of the game crashing when I hit play on the battle after choosing any unit.

Someone please help and tell me I've done some stupid obvious mistake. I just want to play this great mod.
    The Mexican General is bugged to where if you choose that for a battle it will crash. Also, after reinstalling be sure to also delete everything in this folder: <username>/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/Empire/scripts.

Let us know if this fixes the problem.

Now it won't even let me get past the first loading screen after doing that...

Quote Originally Posted by leftbrainblues View Post
    Now it won't even let me get past the first loading screen after doing that...
    Well if none of those work then it's most likely something you are doing. Delete everything by manually deleting your Empire Total War folder in Steam\SteamApps\common. Then go into Steam, delete the game from there and reinstall. Launch Empire Total War to make sure vanilla works. Repeat the installation process and make sure you are performing every step even the tiniest details. Don't install the optional maps and units add on just yet, make sure it's functional.

So, I'm not sure if this is a bug or just the state of the game at the moment. I've followed the instructions and did a clean install of ETW with Warpath on Steam. I cleared out the folders in appdata (because I've used other mods in the past). Started up vanilla ETW and closed, then installed ACW 3.6.2. Checked, unchecked, then rechecked ZoR. All is well so far. I start a game as US, and first thing I notice is I can build a Thakur's court in Albany. Also I recruited Mead (edit, any general) as a general and his portrait is that of a turbaned Turk.

Is this normal? If not, how can I fix it?

Oh, also, everything in-game states version 3.5. But I can recruit cannons with double canister, so I'm assuming I really am on 3.6.2

And another edit, now when I start the launcher I get a message stating that "there are files in Empire's data folder that belong to neither Vanillna nor ACW mod" Wut?
    Last edited by Blooo; February 04, 2017 at 07:40 PM.

I had the application load error as well. Also followed the instructions to the letter. I then found out I don't own the warpath campaign! Duh! Anyways, if I buy the warpath campaign, do I need to do a clean install again to make it work?

ariete's Avatar Foederatus

warpath campaign expansion is highly recommended to play the campaign, single battles should already work ! anyway read the section of this mod.
    sure you'll have to reinstall everything before add this mod.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast