Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ACW 3.6.2 installer

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: ACW 3.6.2 installer

Having issue. Battling at St. Louis, went through the battle twice and it crashed both times when loading back to campaign not in battle though. I can't auto resolve because I lose that every time.

Hello,

I have again a problem at the beggining of the campaign : If I play the north, 5 regions turn immediately in revolution because they are 100% sudist and it create religious disorders ( -80 of unsatisfaction, I can't do anything against that, even if I destroy the revolution...)

The same problem appears if I play the south : about 5 of my regions are 100% unionist with an enormous level of unsatisfaction.

Is that a bug or a normal thing, and do you have a solution ? It is not cool, I must play the campaign with only 4 or 5 regions and I could never take back those regions even at the end

Other bug with no relation, the game crash most of time when battle are a bit long ( it can appears around 30 - 40 min of the battle )

Edit : rebel regions are not for the opposite side, they are 100% with my country but turn to riot instead

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Got Warpath?

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

No, I don't have it.

That's why.

So I just redownloaded the mod after years of not playing. Last one I played was I think version 2.6. Anywho, I installed it, but it doesn't show up at all. I have Warpath and the installer says that it's finished and "Click on Open Recruitment Zones" message at the end. But there is no icon to click, no additional files that were installed at all. Any reason why?
    History of War Podcast

Episode 3: History of the Infantry

usmcsultan's Avatar Civis

I followed installation to the letter. This is the issue I am heaving.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eror.jpg  
    "I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one."
    George W. Bush-after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by usmcsultan View Post
    I followed installation to the letter. This is the issue I am heaving.
    Same thing happened to me on first install. A computer reboot and Steam restart later, all worked fine...

usmcsultan's Avatar Civis

So I got it to work but I can only use Vanilla shortcut.

However I encountered another major issue. It seams other minor countries already have all technology unlocked while playing as US I am missing technology tree. Is Technology tree disabled for this mod?
    "I wish you'd have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it...I'm sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn't yet...I don't want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I'm confident I have. I just haven't -- you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I'm not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one."
    George W. Bush-after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

Yes. All is enabled.

I found one little problem with the map of burnside's bridge. It seems like it is impossible to cross it(the bridge). I tried crossing only from the one side though i havent yet tried the other but i guess it isnt much different. But anyway the ai doesnt seem to be able to cross it either.... Everything else is working fine except for this one. So i wanted to ask if this is a bug or if it is normal that i cant cross the bridge(which if it is normal it actually makes the whole map useless since there is no other way to cross the river) .

Quote Originally Posted by legohistory View Post
    I found one little problem with the map of burnside's bridge. It seems like it is impossible to cross it(the bridge). I tried crossing only from the one side though i havent yet tried the other but i guess it isnt much different. But anyway the ai doesnt seem to be able to cross it either.... Everything else is working fine except for this one. So i wanted to ask if this is a bug or if it is normal that i cant cross the bridge(which if it is normal it actually makes the whole map useless since there is no other way to cross the river) .
    No idea, mate. The last mod team working on the mod never touched the maps, they were all done a long time ago, by people that are no longer around.

Can someone help me with this error.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  

it aint an error.it sometimes tracks down bg_boot.pack as not belonging to acw nor vanilla(it obviously is an acw pack so do not delete it). just press ok and it shall launch normally is everything is alright.of course sometimes it may really be sth that really doesn't belong to vanilla or acw like a file from another mod.then you go to check files and remove it from there(if it is bg_boot.pack it does belong to acw if I am not wrong so again don't delete it).

When i do launch it and pick "Play civil war campaign" then click play again, it doesn't load up and returns back to the menu screen.

Quote Originally Posted by legohistory View Post
    Yes, this is one of the maps that was lent to us by the NTW ACW team. I don't have the software to edit the height map and change the width of the bridge.

well i've got no problem for just one having a single problem. But i recently came up with another issue. Whereas in my old laptop everything was working fine with no crashes at any turn during the campaign at any turn(except a problem with the siege of bahamas i am going to mention afterwards) in my new computer it just wont go beyond turn 49. I have 10different saves from 10 different rounds but it still wont go beyond that turn. I of course have several more issues because my steam in the new computer is on E:/ and not on C:/ drive so to be able to at least play acw i had to install acw and etw in a steamlibrary in C:/(so playing with old mexico or old america wont work havent checked the new maps yet). But as far as it concerns anything else like campaign or battles everything is good(not to mention how op all soldiers look and the awesome gameplay with full graphics i mean i needed those full graphs to see the clear perfection of this mod) except for turn 49 to turn 50 there it will always crash no matter what.The crash will occur at about 3seconds after you press end turn on turn 49.There will be that sound that you always hear on end turn and suddently the sound is cut and resumed for 1sec and then game crash. If it is because of the place i installed etw with acw then i cant really move all of steam to C:/ right now so i'll Live with up to 49turn game(for now) but if it is something else then i would like to know a possible way to fix it. Also i have one other thing that crashes my campaign in my old laptop though not on my new computer dont know if it is there too. If I attemp to besiege the bahamas(and just that region and no other) it is Auto crash. It crashes upon your army reaching the bahamas(not even on the time you have the screen with the siege options just a second before that screen normally appears). I have attempted besieging from different directions too but it just wont work. Well i didnt mention that crush before because i just stopped carring for the bahamas(it produces little after all) but i just thought i should mention it.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	338565

I have this problem.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	44.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	338565

I have this problem.
    I second that.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast