Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ACW 3.6.2 installer

Default Re: ACW 3.6.2 installer

Quote Originally Posted by Mediteran View Post
    Hi all, i have another mod installed for Empire (Imperial splendour), and have also installed this one. It starts the campaign normally (except that i am hearing native american music).. Can i keave it like that or am i missing something from the campaign if i have another mod installed?

i have a problem.. yesterday everything worked fine, I saved the game when i finished playing - today when i tried to start it i got a crash. couldnt even start a new game. I deleted the mod, deleted empire from steam and installed everything from scratch - still not working.. any help?

EDIT:

reinstalled everything again and seems to be working fine.. Sometimes it gives me an error saying there are some files that are neither ACW or Vanilla, even though i don't have any other mods installed.. but it seems to be working ok. (i just hear the native american music though)
    Last edited by Mediteran; January 22, 2016 at 04:44 PM.

So i got a problem, the game dosent start, i select the Confederates (got the same error with Union) and when i start the game it loads about 20% and goes back to menu, im using 3.6.2 full, reinstalled and followed the instructions and still got the error, i use Windows 10 x64, any solutions?

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Cone View Post
    So i got a problem, the game dosent start, i select the Confederates (got the same error with Union) and when i start the game it loads about 20% and goes back to menu, im using 3.6.2 full, reinstalled and followed the instructions and still got the error, i use Windows 10 x64, any solutions?
    So I just started the game, to be sure, selecting CS in launcher, then started Confederate campaign and everything started fine. I'm using 3.6.2 full, Windows 10 64-bit.

Here is a screenshot of the first turn of the campaign.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So, I guess, if we both have the same system, the same files and my game works while yours doesn't, the problem is at your end.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    So I just started the game, to be sure, selecting CS in launcher, then started Confederate campaign and everything started fine. I'm using 3.6.2 full, Windows 10 64-bit.

Here is a screenshot of the first turn of the campaign.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So, I guess, if we both have the same system, the same files and my game works while yours doesn't, the problem is at your end.

So.. i kinda fixed for now, i changed the map from Warpath to RTI and worked.. if anyone knows how to fix please help..

Please help. Everytime a start a campaign or a random battle, it crashes. If I remove the mod and start on vanilla ETW, then it still crashes on battles and campaign. How do I fix this? Thanks.

Installed the mod and it works fine, only thing is the sound effects, ive noticed in battle i dont get musket sounds when my men or my artillery fire, theres just no sound. This really bothers the gameplay of such an amazing mod anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

GatorBMC's Avatar Laetus

So.. i kinda fixed for now, i changed the map from Warpath to RTI and worked.. if anyone knows how to fix please help..
    Since you seem to have the "Midas Touch", here is a screenshot of the error message I receive; please advise what I did wrong that I might correct it.

Thanks.

GatorBMC's Avatar Laetus

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error message.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	334711

Quote Originally Posted by GatorBMC View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error message.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	334711
    I got something like this on my first launch too. Rebooted a couple of times, manually launched Steam, ran the launcher again and it magically started working fine from then on, not a hiccup since.

im a long time follower of this mod and have suffered through all the previous incarnations of builds and despite doing fresh installs 7 times zone of the recruitment being checked has nothing to do with the problem man. Now i have my game installed on another drive (which was stated previously was a problem) but no matter what i do i just get: Application load error 5:000000065434 whenever i run the game.

You've got a major problem and im pretty sure zone of recruitment being checked has nothing to do with it. Catch you guys and try back in a few months, good luck homies.
    Last edited by Obliterati; February 11, 2016 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obliterati View Post
    im a long time follower of this mod and have suffered through all the previous incarnations of builds and despite doing fresh installs 7 times zone of the recruitment being checked has nothing to do with the problem man. Now i have my game installed on another drive (which was stated previously was a problem) but no matter what i do i just get: Application load error 5:000000065434 whenever i run the game.

You've got a major problem and im pretty sure zone of recruitment being checked has nothing to do with it. Catch you guys and try back in a few months, good luck homies.
    Hi, I had that error too when playing from my SSD and uninstalling and reinstaling through the default steam directory fixed it for me.
    I suggest you do a clean install through the default directory on your C: drive again and delete all of the scripts in your appdata folder and see if that helps.
    Hope you get it working.
    Last edited by KetsaKunta; February 14, 2016 at 02:00 AM. Reason: editorial decisions
    Former Unteroffizier of the 1st East Prussian Infantry (M&B Napoleonic Wars). Currently the 1stEPI is active and recruiting on ARMA 3, as an Iron Front based WW2 German focused unit. Visit our website for more information on our great history, the modpack in use, and our current operations in progress at http://www.1stepi.com/.

If you'd like to know more about me then don't be shy it's the internet.

My launcher opens the empire.exe folder with the data sub folder inside. it tells me that there are some files that belong neither in vanilla nor ACW. the game itself will not launch. any suggestions?

appreciate the response, altho no can do tho, c drive is jam packed full atm.

EDIT: cleaned up the drive, and installed on c:/ and worked like a champ.
    Last edited by Obliterati; March 03, 2016 at 12:38 AM.

Congratulations on the release, was this up on the mainpage? i never saw it back in december, it should have been there in my humble opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    Congratulations on the release, was this up on the mainpage? i never saw it back in december, it should have been there in my humble opinion
    Which main page? It was up on ModDB and here.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Which main page? It was up on ModDB and here.
    The page you come to when you write www.twcenter.net and press enter

Quote Originally Posted by Fedual View Post
    The page you come to when you write www.twcenter.net and press enter
    Ah. Never been there, to be honest.

I got the same problem, any idea to fix it ?

Hey mod dev, thanks for the mod!

I am fairly new to ACW, so there's a few things with the installation I don't quite grasp.

Regarding the zone of recruitment thing, should the tick mark be on or off when I am about to launch the game? Oh, and no matter the tick mark is on or off, my campaign start-up doesn't have any preexisting armies present.

I had little trouble with CTD at the begining, but then I solved it with switching off auto start. Still, I read on this thread that having double canisters with certain artillery units is a sign of up the installation? I played on custom battles using USA on ultra unit size, and every artillery unit has 72 men and 12 guns.

Zone of Recruitment should be on.
    Starting armies were disabled as we rolled back to an older startpos file in hope it'll crash less.
    No, having double canister means it's all good.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast