Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: ACW 3.6.2 installer

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: ACW 3.6.2 installer

Quote Originally Posted by maxxal22 View Post
    Hi!
    I can't get the mod to work, I did a couple of clean installs already and I followed all the instructions on the page.
    I keep getting the following error:
    Application load error 5:0000065434
    Same here! Tried reinstalling several times from scratch, following instructions (also watched the installation video) but can't get it to run at all. It keeps giving me the same error message you got and also another one.
    The mod used to work fine when I played it 1-2 years ago.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

I'm having the same problem. I really wanna play this again!

question will this mod ever get updated

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Ulysses S. Grant View Post
    question will this mod ever get updated
    I was wondering same thing and I would like to help if I can. The missing string is one bug that is annoying when you go to negotiations. Not sure on how and where to fix this/ I am guessing it's an esf file of some sort. That is one issue.

thats normal as far as im concerned, once you get the error message. leave the launcher open and then start empire from steam.
    ive been doing it that way for ages.
    I was a Roma Surrectum 2.0 Beta Tester

Total War Veteran

This mod breaks my heart

Two days ago I purchased Empire Total War Definitive in order to play this mod but alas I was way too excited and did not check the forums and now I wish I did because CTD issues keep me from playing

I just wanted to come here to say that what I did get to play was the best mod and the best Total War gameplay I have experienced across the TW games I have played. The work that the original mod team and takeover mod team have done is exemplary and high quality.

Sadly for me, despite having a very capable gaming rig and using complete fresh installs and having no problem starting and playing the campaign...I have encountered the CTD issue when ending a battle. My second battle in the game where I must defend Kentucky's fort from CS and managed a 30 min long battle where I managed to defend and win with 600 soldiers + arty vs 2400 no arty. It was incredible but it then crashed the second it finished loading back to the campaign map. I tried lowering the graphics and replayed the battle twice (because I will auto lose on auto resolve) and it still happens. Sadly after coming here for solutions it seems everyone has all sorts of CTD issues and that it isn't possible to play the mod completely. I could deal with campaign crashes since I can just save often but since you can't save in battle this is a game breaker for me sadly. I followed the instrutions to a T and have much experience modding games, I have read multiple threads on this forum to ensure I didn't forget anything and I have done it all. I know it's not my rig as I have essentially max specs and play super sampled VR games with the VIVE without issue.

If the issue is with the kentucky battle map specifically well it's still a gamebreaker as that is probably going to be one of the most contested areas on the map where many battles will take place.

I mean this with no malice or offence to the mod team who have undoubtedly worked hard to try and fix the issues and dealt with a lot of complaints and not much understanding but...I feel like the main page for this thread should mention that the game isn't really playable. I guess to recoup the price of the game I will try and enjoy the base game or warpath but they interest me much less than Civil War gameplay.

I hope a solution is found in the future because this mod is incredible and satisfying to play.

Thanks for the mod though, my huge defense battle was very thrilling. If only it could continue...

Hi
    The mod 3.6.2 works fine but when I copy the 2 files for the new maps and units of the Mexican war, I have a CTD when I start the game with the launcher.
    The loading screen is different from the one without this 2 files...3 seconds later the game crash !
    If I delete the new files the mod works.
    I am a little disappointed.
    Thanks for your help !

Same here and I just reinstalled ETW just so I could play Mexican-American War battles and I planned on making a submod to add a lot more historical units for that, but with the two copied files in the data folder it CTDs right when it finishes loading the custom battle. Sadness.

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalAY07 View Post
    This mod breaks my heart

Two days ago I purchased Empire Total War Definitive in order to play this mod but alas I was way too excited and did not check the forums and now I wish I did because CTD issues keep me from playing

I just wanted to come here to say that what I did get to play was the best mod and the best Total War gameplay I have experienced across the TW games I have played. The work that the original mod team and takeover mod team have done is exemplary and high quality.

Sadly for me, despite having a very capable gaming rig and using complete fresh installs and having no problem starting and playing the campaign...I have encountered the CTD issue when ending a battle. My second battle in the game where I must defend Kentucky's fort from CS and managed a 30 min long battle where I managed to defend and win with 600 soldiers + arty vs 2400 no arty. It was incredible but it then crashed the second it finished loading back to the campaign map. I tried lowering the graphics and replayed the battle twice (because I will auto lose on auto resolve) and it still happens. Sadly after coming here for solutions it seems everyone has all sorts of CTD issues and that it isn't possible to play the mod completely. I could deal with campaign crashes since I can just save often but since you can't save in battle this is a game breaker for me sadly. I followed the instrutions to a T and have much experience modding games, I have read multiple threads on this forum to ensure I didn't forget anything and I have done it all. I know it's not my rig as I have essentially max specs and play super sampled VR games with the VIVE without issue.

If the issue is with the kentucky battle map specifically well it's still a gamebreaker as that is probably going to be one of the most contested areas on the map where many battles will take place.

I mean this with no malice or offence to the mod team who have undoubtedly worked hard to try and fix the issues and dealt with a lot of complaints and not much understanding but...I feel like the main page for this thread should mention that the game isn't really playable. I guess to recoup the price of the game I will try and enjoy the base game or warpath but they interest me much less than Civil War gameplay.

I hope a solution is found in the future because this mod is incredible and satisfying to play.

Thanks for the mod though, my huge defense battle was very thrilling. If only it could continue...
    AFAIK the mod is discontinued for multiple years. I don't even think the raw files still exist.
    Checking out games for historical accuracy: http://bit.ly/HiGaVFYD
    Let's Plays: http://bit.ly/HjalfFeuer

Great Game, last version is the best. 3.6. Unfortunately every time you sign out of the installer or that game crashes an error keeps re appearing saying that the files do not belong to vanilla or ACW. then it does not even load! I have tried the earlier versions and it does not have this problem. However it does not have all improvements either. Still i have enjoyed it very much for what i was able to play. Maybe one day someone will come up with a fix?

I love this and thanks for sharing but I cant get started. I used to play all the time but now back to it. I insatlled clean copy. No mods. Downloaded installer. Checked ZOR. Go to choose US or CON and nothing....... I dont understand. Please help

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567