Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Download mod CRISIS IMPERII (Imperial Crisis II)

Default Re: Download mod CRISIS IMPERII (Imperial Crisis II)

Hi! why don't you upload the game in MDB? It's much better , safer and faster to download. Great game! cheers!

In MODDB page.

Where is it? You may upload the mod by yourself if you wish.

might need permission to do that from the authors but it would certainly help the popularity of this great mod, do you have a summary of the main characteristics of the mod besides the innovative setting? also some pictures would do nicely, as well a logo, an icon and a header.

I still cannot figure out, why i can't after several attempts, downloading link file above from this page (from page 10 latest version on this thread). I've tried many times but, first it's in russian, and second the file doesn't respond when downloading from mirror. Therefore, i appeal to hint the idea, the better and easier way to move away file from this forum to modding page called www.moddb.com. Everyone does it! It's a better stuff. cheers!

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Btw, about german units: marcomanni instead seems to be nice and more old fashoned that franks and alamanni. (too armored like we noticed.).
    I m continuing playing with palmyra. (trying to broke up the power of the "junta" illiriciana that killed gallienus. They manage for have their emperors but without a dinasty (the illyrians who tried to set a dinasty are been killed..like probus.they disnt wanna a new dinasty because it could weak their decisional power about succession. Indeed diocletian the first "illyrian" to rule many years, not even tried to risr a dinasty. He knew that his officers would kill him in that case..) but i ll destroy them and rise a syrian dinasty like late severian one. And i will suppress the inter provincial command of sirmium. (gallienus tried to suppess it in 253 for eliminate this base of power but later was forced to activate it again. He created protectores also for defend himself against plots. But is been useless. Seems that the inter provincial illyrian command of sirmium were all illyriciani passed worried the emperors.) That seems the "school" were illiriciani born. So i have a "vespasianus" plan with palmyra for rise to throne a new syrian dinasty. Build my power in the east. And beat the western illiriciani later.. Xd ahahah).
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; November 18, 2016 at 05:09 AM.
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

My dream - is to create such a relationship that during, the life of Septimius Odaenathus war between Rome and Palmyra had. I think honestly that Odaenathus defended the interests of Rome in the East, and only after his death (at the hands of his wife) started the confrontation. For this purpose I strengthened the army of the Persians. It was interesting, one of the Persian army broke even in Asia Minor. But the war between Rome and Palmyra still began! Apparently the investigation engine BI.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'm playing with Gallienus and I'm having a crash to desktop after something like ten turns, I'm trying to bypass it in some way.

The mod is simply AWESOME and cosidered it's the only Mod for RTW still alive and kicking, I can't stop repeating:

"THANK YOU ASTERION! Thanks for your work, thanks for having decided to share it with us, thanks for exisiting!"

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    I'm playing with Gallienus and I'm having a crash to desktop after something like ten turns, I'm trying to bypass it in some way.

The mod is simply AWESOME and cosidered it's the only Mod for RTW still alive and kicking, I can't stop repeating:

"THANK YOU ASTERION! Thanks for your work, thanks for having decided to share it with us, thanks for exisiting!"
    Unfortunately the game crashes, so often better preserved! Perhaps this is due to the scripts. Perhaps because of the sprites. And maybe because of incorrect translation! The work continues! The latest build mod was done without my participation. So all thanks to Salot Sar! I make my version in the framework of the CI!

Seems that "illyrian" officers wasnt properly a regional origin, but was linked with the"inter provincial continuos high command of sirmium" where all illirian emperors passed. It wad a command that regrouped several provinces, a real "province of war". Now until valerian capture there wasnt a real "junta", but it yet seems to be a dangerous seat of power for the throne. Gallienus tried to delete this command in 253, first of all bevause was useless in that moment, and maybe also for plots. The soldiers was for a new dinasty, but their officers, the little group of "workers" of sirmium wasnt, bevause it could weak their decisional power about succession. The "junta" born like a real power (maybe) after gallienus died, (he is been forced to activate again the command of sirmium after valerian capture, but created the protectores just for defend himself against the plots of the "illiriciani" officers. Was useless bevause he died just for a plot of them. And protectores was aware of this plot at least someone.). During claudius and aurelian period the power of the junta grow up, but their deaths arent linked to it. When probus and carus go to power the junta reach his zenith, killing probus because him tried to rise a dinasty, and also carus sons was maybe victim of they. Diocletian not even tried to risr a dinastic way, wisely. This system continued until constantine rise to power, when the last illyriciani dupported licinius (and the old 3rd century system. They was beat by constantine (not better of they) and this story ended. Ofc i m not sayin absolyte truth. We cant know many things. But seems that if illyrian emperors and officers saved rome, they was also a strong occuly power inside the army, related to the inter provincial command of sirmium, where every illyrian officer passed. And that if on one side they saved rome, on the other they reached the zenith of the anarchy, killing several emperors, etc maybe. Maybe. Maybe. History is all a maybe.

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

Diocle how do you feel the battles against germans? Their too armoured but they seems not so strong like in somnium apostatae iuliani for example.
    I take it (the germans too good equipped and srmpured. Not even in the v century the tribal units had all these armours xd just kidding) like that after years of raids they are in possession of many roman equipments. But i hope soon the german roster will be chamged. (like in somnium apostatae iuliani. Faramanni. Arimanni. Etc)
    About odenato, asterion: agree. He rose to power in a moment when rome seems weak, when sassanid rose to power (a strongly nationalist dinasty, not greek friendly like parthian arsacid that recall an hellenistic one. The same ambush where valerian fall remind that one persians done to greek commanders during xenophon expedition. With an invite for treat a peace. They captured tortured and killed all greek commanders. But greeks wasnt like others. They found new commanders and break on a way for home anycase. So a client ruler should choose right power, but when shapur refused odenato friendship, him hugged roman cause and fought for it until end, humiliating shapur capturing his harem too.). Zenobia and zabdas (maybe lovers?) killed him maybe also for his loyalty to rome, bevause he didnt wanna usurp power. And his son erode too. Zenovia would remind cleopatra but she wasnt like her. She threw all fault on his generals and advisors, aftet being captured, causing their execution. Not a cleopatra s behave, that for not be showed like a trophy in every italian city have choosr to suicide. i like east, (i m a dionisiac, that worship mistery cults, all chtonic, like demeter one, or the mother goddess, the potnia, so i dobt look to east in a bad way like a catonian do. But i cant see zenobia like an heroix character. Like who killed gallienus family and sons and later callrd him "divine emperor"....)
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; November 21, 2016 at 12:08 PM.

I noticed an interesting pattern! Most departures take place before downloading the great battles on the tactical map! After reloading the game, this battle is no problem! I have not yet found! So save often!

German factions collapse too easily after few defeats against gallic and danubian empire. Especially alemanni franks saxons and the celtic one in scotland. Thats not good. Need rebalance the strenght of german factions. Too easily defeatable by roman legions. I m not joking (yes i like the rhine border. Ledd glorioud of the persian one but i like much it ). I mean the strenght on the battlefield. And the family members. they need a stronger tribal system like in s.a.i. and more stronger armies. Not do easily defeatable. And more family members. After you reconquer agri decumantes and kill their boss alamanni collapse. Same for franks and scottish. I engaged a battle outside.magonza, against 2-3 frank-alamannic armies and they wasnt strong like me in the battle balance. The balance was 65% for me, and the numbers 1:1 and they outnumber me of 3 times. 3 full stack
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; November 23, 2016 at 02:59 PM.

It is necessary to observe a number of contradictions: 1. So the Germans were not heavily armed. 2. They were a strong faction. I try: 1. To increase the survivability of the German units. 2. To maximize the number of units on the map. 3. To write a script to spawn barbarian units.

Yes. In battle if you play h/ isnt so easy. I mean you won possibly (the human brain is ever more intelligent..) but losing some more men.
    Now, the problem is the ai too: if you play with palmyra or another faction far away from rhine, the gallic empire (ai) defeat alamanni and franks in 4 turn and their fsction collapse often. Like you sad germans need more lightly armed with tribal units.names even, like alamanni (levy warband) faramanni (men of the fara.) arimanni (herban? Levy group of spears) the comitatus (scola?) etc in 3rd centuries german confederations wasnt so strongly organized like during 4th century, so even you can name some unit with tribal names like cherusci or salii or ripuarii or svevi.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    German factions collapse too easily after few defeats against gallic and danubian empire. Especially alemanni franks saxons and the celtic one in scotland.
    Use Campaign Script (through F1 key) if you need AI factions to be more active. The script gives money to AI.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

One of my favourite legions in all their might. The II Parthica
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That's what i get from my current reading, Throne of Caesars by Harry Sidebottom.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Hi! first of all thanks to the developers of this marvel for share it with the non-russian speakers here in TWC

On other hand, I would like to suggest two things for the future versions of the mod:

-For my point of view you should replace the faction of the Saxons by the Vandals because historically the last played a more important role in the wars of the III century along other Germanic tribes. In fact they were a problem from the Roman Empire at leats since their "first" apparition in the frontiers of Dacia during the rule of Marcus Aurelius.

-If you finally decide to include another campaing which begins in the reigns of Caracalla or Gordian III it would be awesome if you could include several minor eastern factions as the kingdoms of Edessa, Adiabene and Hatra along the decadent Arsacid Phartians and the Sassanid Persians to represent the rise one more time of the mighty Persians during these years.
    Last edited by Rampante-Cid; December 07, 2016 at 06:21 AM.

Hi Rampante-Cid! In my version of the mod I plan to create a faction of "free barbarians" and include all the mini factions - Vandals, Proto-Slavs, Saxons, Jutes, Burgundians and others. In the version of ''epoch Servers'' will be a fraction of the Parthians, and small Eastern Dynasty. If You have helpful information about Edessa, Adiabene and Hatra, submit Your suggestions.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast