Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Download mod CRISIS IMPERII (Imperial Crisis II)

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Download mod CRISIS IMPERII (Imperial Crisis II)

the next version will start from death of commodo?

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    Makes sense. I'm glad the AI can't raise more of them, otherwise they'd probably swamp me in endless old-school legions that stomp anything flat except for other legions.
    I notice Praetorians are recruitable however, have you considered making them replenishment only? I mean the cost of recruiting more of them is pretty prohibitive but if I wanted I could technically make endless doomstacks of Praetorian guard haha
    About the Praetorians need to think. Initially I had planned as a reserve for emergencies in Italy. Perhaps it should also raise their cost of hiring and content.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    the next version will start from death of commodo?
    I'm planning a few companies: 1. Septimius Severus, 2. Alexander Severus, 3. "Soldier emperors". And another dream - to make a company for Marcus Aurelius.
    However, these are only projects. I'm doing a complete replacement models, textures, studying literature.

i see. and why there are 2-3-4 first cohort sometime? with gallia, i have 3 first cohort wit eagle, in the 13 gemina. why? btw i suggest you to give a look to ro units structure. primani, lanciarii, etc for a generic roster i mean.
    "regina caeli, sive tu Ceres,
    alma frugum parens originalis,
    quae, repertu laetata filiae,
    vetustatae glandis ferino remoto pabulo,
    miti commostrato cibo nunc,
    eleusiniam gleba percolis." - prayer to Kerres (Cerere, Benevolentissima Mater)

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

i see. and why there are 2-3-4 first cohort sometime? with gallia, i have 3 first cohort wit eagle, in the 13 gemina. why? btw i suggest you to give a look to ro units structure. primani, lanciarii, etc for a generic roster i mean.
    What RO already published? But where to look? I think generally remove the first cohort, the process will correct!
    Last edited by asterion2005; October 02, 2016 at 02:24 PM.

no, sorry. i explain me better: i mean looking the previews of ro, for palmyra, rome, etc and take a look to legionaries, primani, etc for an inspiration a suggest. about the first cohorts, some legion like the 13 gemina i think, have 6-7 cohorts. of these cohorts, 2-3-4 are first cohort. is strange. i would know if is for a wrong of the mod, or if was done so for a reason

"Respice post te. Hominem te memento. Memento mori.". (look behind you, remember you're a man. Remember you must die.)

no, sorry. i explain me better: i mean looking the previews of ro, for palmyra, rome, etc and take a look to legionaries, primani, etc for an inspiration a suggest. about the first cohorts, some legion like the 13 gemina i think, have 6-7 cohorts. of these cohorts, 2-3-4 are first cohort. is strange. i would know if is for a wrong of the mod, or if was done so for a reason
    Initially I was doing 1st cohort for a couple legions (to be mentioned). In her early work I did so: legionaries of the first line (with a spear), Legion 2 lines (with sword and Pilum), lanсearii (in a short coat of mail and a quiver of javelins). Unfortunately the number of models is limited and not enough space on 90 models 30*30*30). What was the name of Legion in the 3rd century is not exactly clear! Offers suggestions?

i know that in severian era was abandoned the old checkered grid, and legions come back to the phalanx formation,(i mean without empty space between a centuria or cohort, and another) and that from the time of adrian start to appear some lanciarius, etc i guess that the name primani, lanciarii, etc refer to a system similar to hastati principes and triarii. but these names was ever used also in imperial era (example: centurio hastatus, mean centurion of first line, was a important role, while a centurion of 3rd line was less important.). i guess primani was the first line. sword and spiculum/pila legionaries the 2nd line (spatharii?) and lanciarii the 3'rd. even with the duty of run beyong enemy for hit him with a rain of missiles while he was engaged against primani. but somewhere i read that lanciarii are called 2nd line. i m not sure to 100% of what i m sayin asterion.

In principle I agree with You! The first line can be called the primani/hastati, the second - spatharii. About laniaries, it is believed that they were the spears and arrows. (watch Lucian - one legionary was armed with a Pilum, the second - lancea (presumably a spear, not a javelin).

do you know something about the script of ic2? i read in the loading screen that you can optional activate it. what mean? what do the script?

The script activates the 4 strokes a year, gives money to barbaric factions, provides the landing of the Barbarians in Asia Minor, provides the appearance of Blemmyes in Egypt, destroying the city to create riots. This is what I saw in the game. My companion explains a little about what he has changed in the game.

thank you! i m doing 2 campaigns, 1 with palmira and 1 with gallia. i would play with gallienus but too multiple front wars, too provinces, etc i prefer a little territory to control. i saw the chance to attack a persian army commanded by shapur now, and odenato and legio 3 cirenaica will attack him even. killing the great king even persians give up their sieges (edessa, and others) maybe. and with postumo i repelled alemanni, now fight against franks, invaded britannia and spain too.

New update of Imperial Crisis II, October 2016 https://cloud.mail.ru/public/GWrx/4M5rMAJvb

New start positions for Roman factions. Some original IC II features improved.

Last version is excellent.
    I suggest to adjust the german roster.
    German tribes, especially western one like franks and alamanni are too good equipped. Most tribal units carry only shield and sword or spear often.
    I suggest to insert units like faramanni, make less armored cavalry, etc for the eastern tribes instead (like marcomanni ) they was better in contact with steppe peoples, so i guess they was just a little more armored.
    About combat conditions i want say something:most units, especially cavalry, die too quickly once in contact with the enemy. While in anciemt battles, most of the deads, fall during the route. I guess is something aboyt the balance of the units. Yesterday i charged a gothic army that was withdrawing, and i won, but my scutarii squadrons loose 20men just on the impact with the back of enemy (so tjey couldnt defend immedietaly, they was retreating.).
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; October 28, 2016 at 06:04 AM.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Does anybody mind if I send the files in the Text folder to one of my friend that can read and translate the Cyrillic alphabet into English? If I can convince one of them to do it we'll get a grammatically correct, error-free translation (I notice that all the translations available tend to lead to a bunch of units without names or descriptions)
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; October 29, 2016 at 06:44 PM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Antonio, thanks.
    As I know, now Asterion2005 is creating new units for Germans, which are more approachable for the mof time frame with their lighter equipment.

To Julianus: I might be only glad and happy if someone would help us with IC II English translation.

Awesome. My friend has agreed to help me out As I understand it the files I'll need to go through with him are everything in the Text folder, correct? Also I may, depending on how things go translating, make some changes to the grammar of the unit descriptions as that stuff doesn't translate very well.
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"

Of course, you may change everything in the Text folder according to its content more or less. Saying truth, there are not very much things to be translated which are really important for gaming. Among them I suppose firstly traits and then, units and campaigns description. Just one thing: please, don't make mistakes in traits description (descr_VnVs). After previous attempts of translating volunteers there were CTDs while clicking on generals' portraits. And I had to take previous traits back and start again.

The main priorities will obviously be traits, because that's the only part of the game that absolutely needs to be translated if the campaign is to be playable. Beyond that I'll just do as many as I can. Honestly the unit descriptions probably don't need to be done, at least not straight away.

Agree.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast