Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Download mod CRISIS IMPERII (Imperial Crisis II)

Default Re: Download mod CRISIS IMPERII (Imperial Crisis II)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    I get a CTD when starting a new campaign. Currently using latest version with old english translation by Asterion.
    Though I'm late with my remark, but I have to say a developer's word about it one more time: you MUST NOT use any English translation for this mod, either Asterion2005 one, or any others. Yes, the reason is in new traits description and other details... I hope a new updated version will be translated. Anyway, we're not rejecting this moment at all. Sorry if it makes problems in playing, but now we totally have no time for that.

AntonioHundangir's Avatar Tiro

last version? translate? help please.

My apologies! I have to leave the project! Saloth Sar promised to publish soon a new version!

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by asterion2005 View Post
    My apologies! I have to leave the project! Saloth Sar promised to publish soon a new version!
    These are really bad News.

Do you completely stop modding?

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by asterion2005 View Post
    I´m sad tp hear that. I hope you will reverse your desicion in the future.

i m sorry very much that you leave asterion! thank you for allow me to play 3rd century,(i waited years for that). i wish you good luck! sad day.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

This has my interest. Is the version in the link in the first post playable?
    EDIT: I think I found the right one.
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; September 30, 2016 at 07:17 AM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

when with palmyra you open settimio odenatus character window, the game crash. why?

i located the ctd: an ancillare of him. i deleted all ancillares for a desperate attempt to save my campaign and later addes again they 1 for time. is the rethorician. i deleted it from ancillares files and from descr strat. all work now. i suggest to devs to insert the character roman general of tenagino probus. was an italic prefectus of egypt, called hammer of pirates and berbers and shield of egypt. was an excellent commander that fought against gothic pirates berbers and palmyrene. he was famous yet under gallienus. later defended egypt against palmyra. so departed for fight against gothic pirates i guess. but zenobia occupied egypt so he returned but that time was outnumbered by enemies, and egyptian legionaries wasnt loyal, so he was surrounded on an island of nile, where him suicided. a legendary character, loyal to valerian, gallienus, and aurelianus. he remained loyal to rome, while he could easily become an usurper with his power (north african people, egyptians and lybians had a great respect of him, for he defeated berbers and pirates) like others that instead revolted.other-ctd-too-there-are.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; October 01, 2016 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    These are really bad News.

Do you completely stop modding?
    I just decided to dissociate themselves, and make their version of events! I initially didn't agree with some aspects of the mod! I rule the rules of the game, factions, make new models based on drawings published by comrade tomySVK). Mod will be oriented to the Roman Empire!

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    I´m sad tp hear that. I hope you will reverse your desicion in the future.
    I hope so too! Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    This has my interest. Is the version in the link in the first post playable?
    EDIT: I think I found the right one.
    Unfortunately, I don't know what changes were made in the game! I propose to ask this question directly to Saloth Sar.

Quote Originally Posted by AntonioHundangir View Post
    i located the ctd: an ancillare of him. i deleted all ancillares for a desperate attempt to save my campaign and later addes again they 1 for time. is the rethorician. i deleted it from ancillares files and from descr strat. all work now. i suggest to devs to insert the character roman general of tenagino probus. was an italic prefectus of egypt, called hammer of pirates and berbers and shield of egypt. was an excellent commander that fought against gothic pirates berbers and palmyrene. he was famous yet under gallienus. later defended egypt against palmyra. so departed for fight against gothic pirates i guess. but zenobia occupied egypt so he returned but that time was outnumbered by enemies, and egyptian legionaries wasnt loyal, so he was surrounded on an island of nile, where him suicided. a legendary character, loyal to valerian, gallienus, and aurelianus. he remained loyal to rome, while he could easily become an usurper with his power (north african people, egyptians and lybians had a great respect of him, for he defeated berbers and pirates) like others that instead revolted.other-ctd-too-there-are.
    Thank you! Really he is very great character! I recently read information about it! He really was a Hero of the Empire! I will use Your suggestions in the Imperial Crisis III!

Thanks to All comrades for the support of the theme "the Crisis of the 3rd century". I will continue to work on this idea, but as part of my solo project "the Imperial crisis 3". Later I will outline the concept of the mod, changes and stuff!

The troops available are really interesting. It's not the Limitanei/Comitatenses/Palatina army of later time periods, the organization resembles that of the earlier Imperial era, but the equipment is different. I'm having a blast trying to reunite the empire and make it great again. One question though, I notice in custom battles and in the building.txt files there's also late era units, triggered using the Marian Reforms script. What d I do to trigger this (and how do I avoid it? I like the troops I have now haha)? Also I notice the building Legion Barracks in game says I can recruit all the named and numbered legions but they don't appear in the recruitment tab. Only generic (Italian, Western, Eastern etc) ones do, as well as the Praetorians in Italy. Any ideas what's up?
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"

The troops available are really interesting. It's not the Limitanei/Comitatenses/Palatina army of later time periods, the organization resembles that of the earlier Imperial era, but the equipment is different. I'm having a blast trying to reunite the empire and make it great again. One question though, I notice in custom battles and in the building.txt files there's also late era units, triggered using the Marian Reforms script. What d I do to trigger this (and how do I avoid it? I like the troops I have now haha)? Also I notice the building Legion Barracks in game says I can recruit all the named and numbered legions but they don't appear in the recruitment tab. Only generic (Italian, Western, Eastern etc) ones do, as well as the Praetorians in Italy. Any ideas what's up?
    Veteran legions can not recruit. You can only retrain. So conceived! Their time has passed! Troops of the later period can be hired after the reforms of Constantine the Great (Marian Reforms script). You need to build an Imperial Palace in the city with a hidden resource (italy).

So they can be replenished, but not re-recruited? That's pretty awesome actually. Makes them feel like Warhammer 40K Space Marines, rare but damn good at killing. They make mincemeat of practically anything apart from other legions. But their rarity makes this not OP. Only issue I have is that there are some legions in the employ of the other Roman factions that I'll never be able to have access to, which kinda sucks. Will they still be retrainable post-reform?
    EDIT: Just had a poke around in export_units.txt and noted that all the old legions are only recruitable by the slave faction. I presume that's what enables them to be replenishable but not recruitable?
    Just an idea, I suggest that a brief explainer should be included in the barracks building description just explaining to the player what the deal is with those legions. I could see new players being confused as to why they can't recruit them even though they appear in the building's recruitment list.
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; October 02, 2016 at 02:40 AM.

So they can be replenished, but not re-recruited? That's pretty awesome actually. Makes them feel like Warhammer 40K Space Marines, rare but damn good at killing. They make mincemeat of practically anything apart from other legions. But their rarity makes this not OP. Only issue I have is that there are some legions in the employ of the other Roman factions that I'll never be able to have access to, which kinda sucks. Will they still be retrainable post-reform?
    EDIT: Just had a poke around in export_units.txt and noted that all the old legions are only recruitable by the slave faction. I presume that's what enables them to be replenishable but not recruitable?
    Just an idea, I suggest that a brief explainer should be included in the barracks building description just explaining to the player what the deal is with those legions. I could see new players being confused as to why they can't recruit them even though they appear in the building's recruitment list.
    Name's legions - veterans of the campaigns of Severus and Decius. It is the remains of the old Empire! They will not be hired EVER!(Is the idea of my mod - is to not recruit, only to be re-trained! So, at the start you have to give the Romans a lot of units!) They are distributed between factions according to historical data (very arbitrary!). After the reforms will be hired Comitatens and limitans!

Makes sense. I'm glad the AI can't raise more of them, otherwise they'd probably swamp me in endless old-school legions that stomp anything flat except for other legions.
    I notice Praetorians are recruitable however, have you considered making them replenishment only? I mean the cost of recruiting more of them is pretty prohibitive but if I wanted I could technically make endless doomstacks of Praetorian guard haha

The severian legions, cant be recruited. these are the men that created the anarchy. like the argyraspides for the diadochi, the youngest of they is 40-45 old. others also 60. veterans, they probably had 20 years of booty in their baggage. the rests of valerian s army is with odenato in syria. the rest of severo alessandro's legions are with posthumo i guess. decius legions too there are. i'm doing two campaign: 1 with palmyra, and 1 with gaul. because they have easier position. roman empire have too fronts, too provinces, etc someday i'll play with it too. and because i m a megalomaniac that want build his own power. (i ll destroy christians too. because though i build some church other than temples, for make they happy, they re causing unrest in some city, but they dont know that the flagellum dei arent the barbarians. but me. so i ll destroy they, with the bagaudae. another problems i have in gaul with poshtumo. over that i m bored to defeat germans that few time after come back. so i think that even can give a look to the plan of augustus for occupy germany. at least a large part until western prussia.)for defend veterans legions i use a tactic copied by hannibal: make allied/auxiliary troops to do most dangerous works, and keep the veterans in reserve, or hidden for do a bad surprise to the enemy. in this way, veterans dont risk much, simply they hit enemy behind, or flanks, destroying him, but without support the majority of losses. while auxilia/allieds, can support much losses, since are recruitable easily. i do something like a guerrilla, ever, where i hit only when i m ready, with an advantage on enemy, and when i m not, simply i refuse the fight. in that way i preserve the backbone of the army. so try to dont loose they. or you'll be without the best troops.
    Last edited by AntonioHundangir; October 02, 2016 at 10:19 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast