Thread: Re-adding the Range Indicator

Default Re-adding the Range Indicator

I feel hesitant to ask this in my first post, but this is something that has been annoying me in several mods I have played over the years.
    A lot of mods feel the need to remove the range indicators that come in total war games since empire.

I want to add it back. I like the range indicator. Unfortunately, I don't know how, so I hope there's a quick and easy way to do it? Also, I hope I'm not offending anyone by making this question.

Sorry if the question has been asked before, but I couldn't find any related threads by using the search function and "range indicator" as keywords.

Default Re: Re-adding the Range Indicator

I hear ya, playing an NTW3 campaign for the first time and it's really throwing me off. I got used to the infantry not having the cone pretty quickly, but it makes placing cannons much more difficult. I would love an answer to this. Your post has almost 1,500 views with no replies makes me think there's others out there wanting an answer to this.

Even if someone could share how they are removed it'd be much appreciated.

No need to be timid about it, it's a valid question!

Default Re: Re-adding the Range Indicator

Quote Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
    I hear ya, playing an NTW3 campaign for the first time and it's really throwing me off. I got used to the infantry not having the cone pretty quickly, but it makes placing cannons much more difficult. I would love an answer to this. Your post has almost 1,500 views with no replies makes me think there's others out there wanting an answer to this.

Even if someone could share how they are removed it'd be much appreciated.

No need to be timid about it, it's a valid question!
    There is a fix. In NTW3 they have done the file "fire_arc_diffuse.dds" transparent. You can extract orig file from the vanilla from "rigidmodels/3dindicators/textures/fire_arc_diffuse.dds" and import it to NTW3. The actuial path there is "Napoleon Total War/data/NTW3/Standard/fx1.pack and from there -> rigidmodels/3dindicators/textures/fire_arc_diffuse.dds

You can name the NTW3 file to "fire_arc_diffuse_old.dds" or just remove it to refer back to vanilla. There are couple of options but I just added vanilla file to mod and it works fine