Thread: A companion mod to the town wealth fix - adjusted port GDP

Icon3 A companion mod to the town wealth fix - adjusted port GDP

One of the results of fixing the bug that prevented towns from growing in wealth in regions with ports was that the GDP of a now wealthy port remained the same, while a very poor port was worth half as much. This mod is a companion to that mod, and increases port GDP by around 50% to compensate. You really want to get that other mod, otherwise any region with a port will never have a town increase in wealth, available here.

There are actually two versions of the mod. The basic version does just that, increasing port GDP to compensate for the effects of the (much needed) town wealth fix.

The second version also makes a few other adjustments to the same table. It eliminates the lower class industrialization happiness penalty for the wine estates, since in a absolute monarchy the tiny boost the upgrade provides wouldn't be worth -1 happiness for the lower class. Second, it increases the happiness bonus for the British Somerset House prestige capital building to +2, increases the repression bonus for the French prestige capital from +5 to +7, and finally it changes the industrialization unhappyness penalty for the steam drydock from -2 to the same -1 as its predecessor, hopefully to encourage the construction of more steam drydocks (and more AI first rates.)

Download links:

The plain version of the mod

The second version of the mod

Enjoy!

Default Re: A companion mod to the town wealth fix - adjusted port GDP

Oh, and forgot to add, (and I can'r figure out how to edit a post), the second mod increases the value of the Global Trading Company, primarily it's wealth, now equivalent to a Steam Engine Factory of the same wealth, (while the factory is half the price), and well as slightly increasing its bonus to town wealth and number of sea routes. Still not a building worth the price of contraction except to build one in your capitals main port and show off how much of the world's trade you control.

ialyxxiieee's Avatar Civis

Hey, Trying to use these mods on an older version of Dm ( DMUC 7.0) Im not sure if my script is laid out right, if not please advise.

mod "town_fixing.pack";
    mod "port_gdp_3.pack";
    mod "DMUC_CP.pack";
    mod "DMUC_NoTrails.pack";
    mod "DMUC_BSM.pack";
    mod "DMUC_Navy.pack";
    mod "DMUC_Grenades.pack";
    mod "DMUC_CAN.pack";
    mod "DMUC_FORTS.pack";
    mod "DMUC_Tech.pack";
    mod "DMUC_Deploy.pack";
    mod "DMUC_CORE.pack";
    mod "DMUC_Update.pack";
    mod "DMUC_Custom.pack";
    mod "DMUC_SkinPack.pack";
    mod "DMUC_UnitsPack.pack";
    mod "DME_AUM.pack";
    mod "DMUC_Natives.pack";
    mod "DMUC_AUM.pack";
    mod "DMUC_HUD.pack";
    mod "DMUC_DFM.pack";
    mod "DMUC_Sounds.pack";
    mod "DMUC_Music.pack";
    mod "DMUC_Arrows.pack";
    mod "DMUC_Borders.pack";
    mod "DMUC_Markers.pack";
    mod "DMUC_Skies.pack";
    mod "DMUC_Fonts.pack";
    Coolermaster Cosmos 2
    MSI GD65
    i7 4770K @3.5Ghz
    8GB Corsair 1600hmz
    240GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    (AMD) Asus 3GB 280X
    Corsair 860i PSU
    Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

I've never heard of DMUC (is it something related to Darth Mod?), so I can't really help with that. I also "think" that the order they're listed in the scripts file affects which override which, but I'm not even sure of which order! My best guess would be that higher is higher priority. As for my two mods, neither affects the same table, so I would assume they could be in any order relative to each other. Also, what does "DMUC_FORTS.pack"; do? (Or simply what does the larger mod do relative to forts?) If it fixes some of the fort bugs and buggyness, then I'd love to have it.

I've also edited the building effects table yet again, but I'm sure if it's worth keeping. Basically it roughly double the GDP increase of upgrading steam-pumped/powered mines. (So a merge yield iron mine is 700, steam pumped is 900 and industrial is 1100, instead of the last two being 800 and 900. An abundant yield iron mine would be 1400, 1800 and 2200, instead of 1400, 1600 and 1800.) Hopefully making them more worth the price and happiness penalty of the upgrade. Not sure if it's worth the upload, and there's not much chance of having it separately from everything else I've done to the table. Right now I've also added either 2 to the repression or 1 to the repression and 1 to the happiness bonus of prestige capital building for all nations, and increased the happiness bonus of museum prestige buildings by 1.

Since the mod was uploaded I've also (I think) increased the bonus to town wealth and number of allowed trading routes of the Global Trading Company.

So I guess if there's interest, I can add a few new versions, and even a "building mod without port GDP," although the port town wealth bug needs to be fixed in any case.

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Also great work!
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

FERRDO's Avatar Laetus

Installed the port fix, and the "plain" version of the mod. Looking forward to seeing how town wealth changes over the course of a brand new campaign!

AFAICT the two versions of the mod are switched - the "plain version" link points to port_gdp_3, which has the additional changes, and the "second version" link points to port_gdp_3_B, which doesn't have the additional changes.
    Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy how's yer soul?"
    But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll,
    The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
    O it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyAtkins View Post
    AFAICT the two versions of the mod are switched - the "plain version" link points to port_gdp_3, which has the additional changes, and the "second version" link points to port_gdp_3_B, which doesn't have the additional changes.
    A longshot after so long, but I thought I would check for confirmation that the files were switched, as noted above.

Cheers