Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: EU4 Multiplayer X

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Default Re: EU4 Multiplayer X

It's that we allow people to be outside Europe and also be part of a permanent alliance. Mamlukes+Mughals=FOREVER when they should be at each others throats.
    Bring back the house rules. Tired of seeing the same alliances for the course of an entire game.

Mamluks + Mughals FTIL!
    I suggested victory card system at the start of the game ,but nooo Musty and Ynen were against it.
    It would have helped with permanent alliances and determining who actually "won" the game.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

I don't see the point in victory card or the score system because (a) they don't represent who really wins, and (b) I simply know who wins anyway. People should be in a manner of trying to play the balance of power no matter what. You shouldn't need an arbitrary points figure to tell you "oh hey that guy is better than you, mess him up", because it should be damn obvious.

Honestly the points system is garbage. Heck, two games ago when I played Great Britain the game was ranking me 1st in military skill at the end - which was ridiculous because I couldn't have even held a candle to any of the major land powers in a 1v1 war (as demonstrated when I tried to save revolutionary france, fought a bit, then went "oops, out of manpower" after 10 minutes). And don't get me started how meaningless the dip score is unless you're a naval nation, which many places simply aren't.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I do. Victory cards bring much more dynamic to the game. Not only we would see alliances shifting much more often but people would be inclined to engange much more actively in diplomacy.
    An example of how good victory cards sytem works is the latest game of paradox devs mp campaign. It added whole new layer of complexity. Worst enemies become best friends in order to stop top scorers from getting their points. And the guys who were gaining the most momey, have the best army had the most accumulated. Points. So your argument that point system don't represent true balance of power in the game is not entirely true.

Can't disagree more. Plus one more thing. If they determine "winning" that much to you, why don't you just ignore what I say and treat them as "winning" anyway? If me saying "points are stupid" is enough to stop you vying to become the most powerful, then it's not much of a system.

I didn't understand anything past first sentence.

I think its important you stop arguing and acknowledge the hype that is two new paradox games releasing within a month of eachother, which are we gonna do an mp game for?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I am not hyped at all for HOI IV or Stellaris. One, I don't really like 4x games, and two, unless HOI IV is better than Darkest Hour, I have no reason to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    I do. Victory cards bring much more dynamic to the game. Not only we would see alliances shifting much more often but people would be inclined to engange much more actively in diplomacy.
    An example of how good victory cards sytem works is the latest game of paradox devs mp campaign. It added whole new layer of complexity. Worst enemies become best friends in order to stop top scorers from getting their points. And the guys who were gaining the most momey, have the best army had the most accumulated. Points. So your argument that point system don't represent true balance of power in the game is not entirely true.
    Points are counter-intuitive. If they have more points, they should, according to game logic, be better than you. So if you then manage to beat them, it means the points are wrong anyway.
    I would never declare war on someone based on their score, that's ridiculous.
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    I am not hyped at all for HOI IV or Stellaris.
    Let it be known that whoever attacks the obsidian empire shall have the full military support of the grand "republic" of Switzerland.

I volunteer.
    About points; Watch paradox devs mp campaign and see what difference it makes. If you two don't care about them so much, then go proceed with playing by your own rules and the rest of us could give the victory cards system a shot.
    Last edited by Petrucci; March 17, 2016 at 10:28 AM.

I volunteer.
    About points; Watch paradox devs mp campaign and see what difference it makes. If you two don't care about them so much, then go proceed with playing by your own rules and the rest of us could give the victory cards system a shot.
    The Devs are probably told to watch those victory cards. Im just saying.
    Any serious player completely ignores victory cards and goes for actually relevant territory.
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

Not if we for example say three guys with the highest score are winners. Players would still chase relevant territory ,but would be inclined to get their cards or prevent others from using theirs.

Mughals westernized!

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

The Mughals must be cast down the hole from which they came.

Commonwealth for Protector of Slavs 2016

Also; how do I get rid of Byzantium having 120% liberty desire because I got them provinces by spawning rebels? Provinces defected from the Turks, NOT me.

Quote Originally Posted by abbews View Post
    The Mughals must be cast down the hole from which they came.

Commonwealth for Protector of Slavs 2016

Also; how do I get rid of Byzantium having 120% liberty desire because I got them provinces by spawning rebels? Provinces defected from the Turks, NOT me.
    You release them from vassalage and take pride in the fact that you restored the new byzantine empire to its former glory.

Austria did stuff, including fun Paradox bugs.

The funniest thing that happened was I got the mission to PU Hungary, did so, then realised that I was in the Protestant League and Hungary was in the Catholic League, because clearly my King can't make up his own damn mind. When I eventually started the League War, my union with Hungary stopped immediately and I got no restoration CB. So to make up for that, and the fact that Milan and Switzerland both wanted the peace of Westphalia, I used all the warscore to steal most of Hungary's land.

Oh and for the last 2 hours I had no events, and I'm in religious termoil, so next session will be fun.

I volunteer.
    If you two don't care about them so much, then go proceed with playing by your own rules and the rest of us could give the victory cards system a shot.
    There's nothing you stopping doing that. If you believe you "win" by having the most points, then go get the most points. Frankly, I set my own goals for each game and judge everyone based on their power at the end, but if you want to use a different means, then go do it. The whole point of sandbox games like this is that there isn't an obvious "winner" because winning means different things to different people. My goal as England might be to have the best navy and the most income, or my goal as Brandenburg might be to have the most elite troops and win land wars, or my goal as Ulm might just be to actually survive and end up with something half decent (just kidding, Ulm are OP as heck, anything short of a WC would be losing). Frankly, I think the whole game is so much deeper than "points"; but if that's the measure you want to use, then use it.
    Last edited by Musthavename; March 21, 2016 at 01:55 PM.

Don't forget to rollback your eu4 games. Loading save from previous version in 1.16 will immediately render it unplayable and unfixable.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast