Thread: How to take screenshots in MTW?

Icon5 How to take screenshots in MTW?

Good Evening,
    Could someone remind me how to take screenshots in MTW? I need a few screenies for a little project I'm working on, but I've forgotten how to take them, and I don't have the manual handy right now to look it up. Any and all help will be appreciated, and possibly rewarded with rep (once I'm actually allowed to give rep, that is).
    -LordLurch

Default Re: How to take screenshots in MTW?

F2 and they land in TGAs folder.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

No no no, don't do that. Download Fraps. It's free and it allows you to take screenshots in your game. The advantage of doing it this way is that the screenshots will be in a format you can actually use, meaning you can upload them on Facebook or wherever else you want without having to convert them first.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Free version of Fraps makes screenshots in bmp format only which means they are huge and take a lot of disk space so you have to convert them too.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

It's not that hard to convert from .tga or whatever the format MTW saves them in and use a free program like Paint.NET to open and save them as another format. Paint.NET is great for a lot of things, easy to use and I highly recommend it.

Thanks guys! I think I'll go with the "Hit F2 and convet method". From what I've heard, Fraps can be something of a machine-hog, and I don't need the images to be particularly high-quality (just good enough for someone to tell what's going on).
    -LordLurch