Thread: Totally worth it

Default Totally worth it

But where do you install it? Is ETW downloadable and than a mod for it can be installed? Because all I have is play or not play on my steam account.
    "Run to the rescue with love and peace will follow"

Default Re: Totally worth it

Do you have empire total war on your computer or not?

I think I do. I couldn't find the folder for it but (I think) I downloaded it from steam. It gave me an icon with a red background, a white capitalized "E" with one dot on each side. But where the cluck is the folder for all this?

Actually, I think I did download it. It took a while, so I must have it. But I just don't know where it is on my computer?

Turns out the white "E" is just a shortcut to the game, on steam.

The game folder should be somewhere in C:/Program Files/Steam/steammaps/common/Empire Total War, if I am not mistaken. Not necessarily the C disk but wherever your steam is. try it.

Found it. It's got some odd packers compared to the old text documents. So what exact folder would I put a mod? (After my vanilla game is done, I'm intrigued to continue lol)

Now I don't really remember as I don't have either ETW or the mod installed right now. You should take a look at the moddb page or find the installation instructions somewhere on the mod's subforum, can't remember where they are right off the bat.

I didn't see any specific folders for mods. Maybe it just goes in the empire total war main folder then?

Domesticus

You install Empire mods into the Empire Data folder. You might need to put something in the campaign folder

Then you either use a mod manager to start it, or add the relevent data packs to the user script .txt found in local apps/roaming/creative assembly/empire

You can only have one mod for Empire installed at a time, for some reason. You'd think acting the manager or the txt thing just load the relevenet packs would work, but when I had the Civil War mod and Imperial Destroyer in the data folder, neither would start until the other was removed

That folder should be easy enough to find. Where do I download a mod manager?

*Edit*

I guess a solution for you is to take a mod and drag the folder onto your desktop, if you want to play a different mod. That way any self edited files or saved games don't get lost.
    Last edited by Gaul; December 23, 2015 at 02:23 PM.

Sorry, but I am a steam virgin So I can't just insert the 1600 mod into the correct folder and it will come up when I run steam? Do I even need a mod manager?

One question, as steam is not where most of my other games are. Does installing a mod corrupt or overwrite a vanilla saved game? If not in time soon I will try the 1600 Colonialism mod.

if you install the mod you can keep the saved game, but dont open the save game when you have the mod installed and if you want to play the save game again you have to delete the mod. so it will not overwrite.

Ok thanks. I'll read the install instructions and in due time try the mod. I guess this is one of the few active mods still going for Empire? I guess there aren't too many people that love the 1700s.

If it's going to screw up my saved vanilla game i won't do it now. the vanilla AI is lack luster to say the least, and I'm only at 1712. Why can't there just be one easy mod folder? And does any game have to be downloaded on your computer to start a mod? Non CA that is

This is the first mod I'm trying when I get sick of vanilla. I'm curious what North America looks like in 1600, as there are no rebel settlements in Empire TW. Anyone any pictures?