View Poll Results: Shall the candidate be awarded with Citizenship?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 90.48%
  • No

1 4.76%
  • Abstain

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Citizen] Cyclops (Patron: Iskar) [PASSED]

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Default [Citizen] Cyclops (Patron: Iskar) [PASSED]

My bit My dear friends,

it is my honour and my pleasure to introduce you to Cyclops.
    I got to know him debating in the Ethos, Mores et Monastica. If you know that board you will also know how acerbic this section can be. Entire virtual landscapes have been turned into barren wastelands by the eternal wars between the militant atheists and the crusading theists. Amidst this general apocalyptic brouhaha I chanced upon this debater, an agnostic himself, that engaged in sharpwitted but respectful debate about religion - suaviter in modo, fortiter in re. Ever since then I have immensely enjoyed debating with him or just catching his posts in other discussions.
    You can find his well-informed, polite, acute postings all over the D&D and he displays understanding both for his opponents and of the subjects he discusses. This man makes the D&D a much better place and I believe he should be rewarded for that.

I know we have just agreed to keep applications as simple as possible, but I cannot help shoving you towards this gem. You will understand once you read it.

Cyclop's bit I would like to apply for citizenship on Total War Center. I have played Creative Assembly games from when medieval Total War first appeared, up until the ill fated Rome II TW. I discovered this site searching for "realistic" mods for RTW and found RTR and EB.

I also found the amazing TATW mod and its very active fora. I was drawn into discussion about Tolkien and learned a great deal, both about the subject and netiquette. I ventured into the Vestigia Vestutatis, and other D&D fora where I have had my debating techniques honed again. I am a respectful agnostic fascinated by religion and ancient history both of which I studied decades ago so I appreciate the information I gain in discussions here.

I enjoy exchanges with people who think differently to myself. Recently I've learned a deal about US gun culture from people with a very different attitude to myself, a real eye opener. I've learned to stay within the ToS (straying off topic being my major fault) which I think is important when debating in for example the Political Mudpit.

I'm making this application at the suggestion of Iskar, a poster I've exchanged posts with on interesting topics such as the nature of free will. I am grateful for his suggestion, and I'd be honoured to be considered for citizenship if I were to prove a suitable candidate.

Cyclops.

Thanks in advance for the time you take to assess this application
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: [Citizen] Cyclops (Patron: Iskar)

I like Cyclops' posts. I can see from them that he adds good insight, spirit and humour. A regular member for nearly 10 years and a great example to other members. Good call sponsoring him man

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Enjoyed many a times with Cyclops; support

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I don't see eye to eye with him all the times but he's a nice enough chap, he does have a sense of humor and since he's been here for quite a while (I'm assuming no 3+ years breaks) his community spirit is more or less a given.

Yup

I also like the way the application is written. Short and to the point with no flowery . Well done.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Good candidate. And a TATW fan to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    My bit (...)

I know we have just agreed to keep applications as simple as possible(..)
    Did we?

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Well, Q and Dante and me did. That constitutes a "we" (The "we" in the paragraph above is not the Constitutional, legislative "we" to be precise.)
    Last edited by Iskar; November 18, 2015 at 04:30 PM.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Dante Von Hespburg's Avatar Sloth's Inferno

Cyclops is a guy who has a major presence in the D&D, like...forever he's been around, and he's a guy who i look up to when we talk about how debating and discussions should be done. I've always looked forward to reading a discussion whenever he's weighed in. So this is a sure-fire support from me. Good call Iskar.

Did we?
    Unequivocally yes But as Iskar says, its a pact thing, you can join it bro, you just have to pinky-promise that we don't see essay-length applications have more or less merit than cooler, digital age application...apps? (we need a cool name...preferably with app in it...everything cool has an app these days).
    Last edited by Dante Von Hespburg; November 18, 2015 at 04:33 PM.
    House of Caesars: Under the Patronage of Char Aznable

Proud Patron of the roguishly suave Gatsby

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

A well-informed and polite debater?
    He'll have my support
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

OMG; this is what you call an application?
    I was seriously going to ask him about citizenship, but I thought he was going to tell me "to get lost."

There is nothing more I can say that has not already been stated! You have my full support!

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Agree, fully support , dont see reason why not ?
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Support

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I know little about debating (heck I would say I'm allergic to it ), but I know of Cyclops from his frequentation on the TATW fora. Overall he's a well balanced poster, even if I remember we had some small argues back then, nothing serious anyway. I've scrolled a bit his posts, definitely he has a long story in the D&D fora, overall I'm supporting this.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Smart and mature. He deserves it.

Support.

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Support.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

*Puts on CA hat* Poll up.
    Last edited by Iskar; November 20, 2015 at 06:52 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Voted

Gets a singular aye from me.

That doesn't work as a written pun.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Voted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast