Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the meaning of trilogy?

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: What is the meaning of trilogy?

Quote Originally Posted by illathid View Post
    Think about the trilogy this way: Imagine someone decided to make a trilogy of games about WW2 where each them started on Dec 7 1941, but each focused on a different area of war (e.g. European theater, Pacific theater, African theater). That is how this trilogy work. All 3 games will happen contemporaneously.
    Except Hitler is DLC content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Woh, woh, woh, woh, Woh!
    He said Europe, not Germany or Hitler.

Honestly, the ideas some people get into their heads.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

I presume no one thinks that the campaign map we have seen is actually the full map for the trilogy? And that each game in the trilogy uses the same map but adds more depth to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    To be more accurate, it's like they said the UK, the Soviet Union, Italy, and France would be playable. Germany would be an unplayable antagonist unless you Pre-ordered or bought the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    I presume no one thinks that the campaign map we have seen is actually the full map for the trilogy? And that each game in the trilogy uses the same map but adds more depth to the world.
    The devs have explicitly stated otherwise.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by illathid View Post

The devs have explicitly stated otherwise.
    Was it in CA speak or English?

Link if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    Was it in CA speak or English?

Link if possible.
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...=1#post1429471

Until Joey said that I was fairly convinced that was the entire trilogy and we'd just start in the south-east center. Well that and when they said they intend to cover every race.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...=1#post1429471

Until Joey said that I was fairly convinced that was the entire trilogy and we'd just start in the south-east center. Well that and when they said they intend to cover every race.
    Bart said that actually and while it is only the first game so far we have no idea how much will be added/expanded for 2nd and 3rd games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Bart said that actually and while it is only the first game so far we have no idea how much will be added/expanded for 2nd and 3rd games.
    Oops hah. Anyway they've also said they're covering all the armies/major-races so that's pretty suggestive the next additions will be as big as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Oops hah. Anyway they've also said they're covering all the armies/major-races so that's pretty suggestive the next additions will be as big as this one.
    I have very high hopes for this trilogy.

Even if you dislike the fantasy aspect and the setting, I think the fact they are making some radical departures from their usual gameplay mechanics is good. I'm sure we're going to see some of the same old issues crop up, but, the departure from paired animations will be one of the biggest advantages of this system.

The fact they are going to cover pretty much the entire important areas of the world over the three expansions is awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Osbot View Post
    I have very high hopes for this trilogy.

Even if you dislike the fantasy aspect and the setting, I think the fact they are making some radical departures from their usual gameplay mechanics is good. I'm sure we're going to see some of the same old issues crop up, but, the departure from paired animations will be one of the biggest advantages of this system.

The fact they are going to cover pretty much the entire important areas of the world over the three expansions is awesome too.
    Yes, and not to mention with the addition of two more maps/expansions/stand-alone this means alot of the code is going to be refined more than ever for what is essentially going to be a giant single title.

It's not that dissimilar to what was done with Starcraft 2: All three games piece together but all the mechanics are teh same between them all and the developers will be improving the gameplay and mechanics as we go alone. So the hope has solid ground this time even, it's not like with previous TW's where you hope they can get it all working before they stop supporting it. There's kind of 2 more chances this time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12