Thread: Shogun player roll call

Default Shogun player roll call

Hey if your a active shogun player post up and lets get together and plan some gaming and discussion.

Default Re: Shogun player roll call

Im an active shogun player. Ready for discussion^^, tho in going to bed soon. Do you know what the purpose of the Senko Jidai campaign is? It starts at the same time as the 1530 date but with larger factions, not sure why yet.

Im too a active shogun player!
    You got any strategies in defeating the mongols??

Kensaisilvan's Avatar Laetus

Icon3 Re: Shogun player roll call

Hi everyone!

dukejason,

Multiplayer is not that easy with old Shogun.
    I don't know this forum cause I haven't had the time to browse it but you can find information at this addresses...
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...ar#post1422192
    or the general discussion here for general issues. A lot to read here...
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Of course you can find better explanations but I am not able to direct to them right now. I remember Shambles-Just A Girl had a great introduction to Shogun problems but some things changed (as the fake server)...
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=58698

I've also posted some answers, copied bellow. Since that time some things changed or proved to be different then I thought, but this is a step by step from zero ground all the way to the "foyer".

I had that desperate need for guidance a few weeks ago and since (solved it, see) I'm waiting for someone to play online.

How you solve it:

1 You have to have a STW version with multiplayer option on the main menu (Gold and Eras(?) versions do not have it but this was solved by R'as al Ghul - find it at the links above).

2 The EA server is long pulled out of action but R'as al Ghul runs a fake server that is functioning right now.

3 In order to connect to the actual fake server you have to change the "internet" file in the Shogun Total War directory. You can do that with any text editor. Delete all that is written there and paste&save the next lines:

ChatserverIPAddress = shogun-fakeserver.dnsdojo.org
    ChatserverPort = 8793
    NewsserverIPAddress = daphne.eagames.co.uk
    NewsserverPort = 8797
    ShogunTotalWarWebsite = www.totalwar.com

4 Open the game and go to Multiplayer. Choose EA Play since it will direct you to the fake server because of doing 3.

5 When you click the final "continue" you'll not be logged on from the first try.
    R'as has a explanation on it somewhere - the server doesn't "hear" you clear enough for the first time (Come again, it says! ). So you can abort the first try and help yourself a few saved minutes. Also this can be a good approach: don't stand there anxious waiting in front of a non-responsive screen. Abort and try it after let's say 15 seconds of waiting if the "connecting" or "logging on" display persevere. Veterans of multiplayer did that for hundreds of times in the past. I usually succeeded after 3-5 tries.
    They also discovered that hitting the backspace key before and when you click the final "continue" helps. I must say it sometimes does.

It's not over yet.

6 If everything had gone well you must find yourself in the 'foyer' now. If you don't see anyone waiting for you, is because there are about 10 active players (in the world) of STW MP which are making personal calls to play. Check "I'm in the foyer thread" in STW MP on the main page of the forum. Also because...

5 There's a compatibility problem between versions. After logging in you can see only the players that use the same version as you.
    About versions. There are 4 official: STW (Sengoku Jidai), STW Warlord Edition (including the additional Mongol Invasion campaign), STW Gold and STW from Eras which is also a but not the Gold version (researches are to be made).
    The patches used may also interfere. It seems there are quite a few the first 2 versions. The most used is 1.02 for STW WE downlodable, of course.

Message me and I'll be happy to help and get playing.

Vevinr,
    I think the purpose of the Sengoku Jidai campaign is to conquer all Japan, or at least 40 provinces, or to eliminate your rival clans.... It is, of course, the original campaign of the game, followed by a number of starting years you can consider "eras", or levels of developments and extension of the factions. Lovely, I think.

Zarnik,

To beat the mongols, although I've only succeeded once or twice (in "expert" I think) you'll have to follow some lines: don't let them conquer your provinces. Throw anything you have in battle to limit their expansion since when they have many provinces they'll send more money home and receive more troops in the next wave. They come in waves once a few years, and will come to the north shore of Japan from east to west debarking in at least one province or more if they have more troops.
    You'll have to be ready with good and numerous troops on the north coast a few provinces west of their last province of deployment.
    Use the rest of the territory as economic support for your army. Defeat early in the game the rebels (especially those from the far north/west - rich provinces) and use for yourself the important revenues of their provinces.
    Interesting campaign and interesting victory movie...

And a great introduction by drisos, a few years ago:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29652
    Last edited by Kensaisilvan; April 05, 2007 at 10:06 PM.

Kensaisilvan's Avatar Laetus

Icon3 Re: Shogun player roll call

Hi again,
    Made 2 posts with the same content by mistake.
    I assumed you never get in Mp internet and tried to give you some lines but you already have the sticky by drisos that I've only saw after posting the above.
    Last edited by Kensaisilvan; April 05, 2007 at 10:40 PM. Reason: identical post

sanada's Avatar Decanus

Anyone think that the game is so much more better then Rome Total War?
    Just the AI and the big clashes at the end, when two clans remain...best thing ever
    Senator Decime, speaking of the Gauls;
    "...they shall be treated as scum. Scum that needs elimination."
    You Are The Senate an interactive AAR

Decius Loreius Ancus - Plebeian Senator and Censor.