Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Speed battle,animations and morale enhanced

Default [Submod] Speed battle,animations and morale enhanced

https://youtu.be/-HKmauMX8Dg

Melee kill rates brutally increased.
    (Melee Damage,Armors,melee weapons,shields reviewed for all melee units).

Projectiles kill rate increased

Better Generals, cavalry and phalanx

Cavalry have more punchy and more useful when attacks flanks or rear.

Phalanx is very strong in the front but weak on the flanks and very weak rear

Unites won't run away and will fight until the end for their generals.

brutal Animations much more frequent.

More experience for killing generals,winning battles etc.

Close Deployment

INSTRUCTIONS
    Put this mod above dei and every other mod that edits units stats, morale and animations.

COMPATIBILITY:
    + Divide et Impera Latest patch (Required for this mod to work)

Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=552337063
    Last edited by Jack85; March 31, 2022 at 01:17 PM.

Default Re: [Submod] Speed battle,animations and morale enanched

thank you this is exactly what i was looking for

Senator

You have made a mistake in the KV_Morale table, units are gaining morale when they take losses, you have neglected to add the - before the values.

Hi zonks40 it s not a mistake, I put it for some reasons, they don t run away so quick when they are losing, so in case 1 troop is running away not all unita follow them and there will be more % that units escaping are coming back to fight, infact I added random + morale instead - .
    Last edited by Jack85; November 17, 2015 at 10:38 PM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Looks promising mate...
    Is it designed for normal battle difficulty like DEI?
    Save game compatible?

You may have something solid here, but I think you should fix 1-2 issues,according to my tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack85 View Post
    Hi zonks40 it s not a mistake, I put it for some reasons, they don t run away so quick when they are losing, so in case 1 troop is running away not all unita follow them and there will be more % that units escaping are coming back to fight, infact I added random + morale instead - .
    You may want to tune a bit this, cause now every units fights to the end even with 5 men left which is not very good for balance...
    I really like you way of units don't run with 100+ (of 200) men so easily...I like to stand and fight more bravely after taking casualties, but not at such extend when they taking heavy losses right???

Also 1 or 2 animations need to be tested more cause they cause stuttering among units...I will inform you more after more testing
    But it's a VERY VERY good mod for a first release and I enjoyed the quicker battles and cinematic animations (battles are epic as it should now)...

Thank you for your work...
    Cheers
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 18, 2015 at 01:54 AM. Reason: s

Hi Greek Strategos, and thank you for your comment
    Is it designed for normal battle difficulty like DEI?
    yes, and It s designed for hard,very hard,leggendary difficulty battle also.

Save game compatible?
    Yes, it is.

First you may want to tune a bit this cause now every units fights to the end even with 5 men left which is not very good for balance...
    I really like that with your mod units don't run with 100+, but not at such extend right???
    No I set it in a different way, units will fight until they have enough morale AND enough man, so you won't see 5 men fighting versus 100,200 unless they are surrounded, but it s just
    exceptional and very rare. BUT if you attack with cavalry flanks or rear and another your units is attacking on the front you will have more % of untis escape. Or another way is using elephants.
    "you can see what I m talking about here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS2i__GUMvM , min: 4:55."

So for me with this balanced morale you should play strategically until the end of the battle, in fact I was winning and I sent all units to attack enemy escaping but I lost some of them because they just came back to fight and they just surround me and I lost quickly my units.

Let me know if you ll have problems in the future about this .
    Some animations need to be tested more cause they cause stuttering among units...I will inform you more after more testing
    But it's a VERY VERY good mod for a first release
    Thank you
    Last edited by Jack85; November 18, 2015 at 02:26 AM.

No I set it in a different way, units will fight until they have enough morale AND enough man, so you won't see 5 men fighting versus 100,200 unless they are surrounded, but it s just
    exceptional and very rare.
    hmmm I'm not sure it works as you designed it then...
    Cause I just had a battle against 4890 Venetians and I killed 4890 Venetians...
    The problem as it seems is that they morale never changes during the battle and I mean never, not once, so the enemy have been destroyed totally after the battle and my army of 3000 became 500 men...
    So THEY NEVER ESCAPE...not one of them...

So for me with this balanced morale you should play strategically until the end of the battle, in fact I was winning and I sent all units to attack enemy escaping but I lost some of them because they just came back to fight and they just surround me and I lost quickly my units.
    As you describe it it sounds ok and I like the idea, but in the game it's not working...
    All the enemy units fought to death, I mean 500 hundred vs one, seriously one at the end...
    So it breaks the game this way...

So my advise it's to revise the morale to logical levels (lets say enemy routs at 3/4 of the unit killed)... and maybe make the cavarly units a little bit tougher..

Or could we have a version with no morale changes??? just the other nice things you have added with untouched DEI morale???

Thanks again mate...
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 18, 2015 at 03:58 AM.

Default Re: [Submod] Speed battle,animations and morale enhanced

Very very strange, I don't have that problems, I just tried now some battles with different battle difficulty but doesn't happen that situation to me. I recorded a match (very hard) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqem...ature=youtu.be. Anyway try to fight the same battle and tell me if it happen again.
    Then try this without moral and let me know https://mega.nz/#!Jt03xBKA!TvEz_-WNu...afyowtUkoRr8jE
    Last edited by Jack85; November 18, 2015 at 04:48 AM.

Very very strange, I don't have that problems, I just tried now some battles with different battle difficulty but doesn't happen that situation to me. I recorded a match (very hard) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqem...ature=youtu.be. Anyway try to fight the same battle and tell me if it happen again.
    Then try this without moral and let me know https://mega.nz/#!Jt03xBKA!TvEz_-WNu...afyowtUkoRr8jE
    Thanks for the quick response...
    I usually play at normal battles and change it to Hard after a few turns in campaign when I'm stronger...but I will test with both...

Cheers

Ok my results so far using only DEI (latest version with hotfixes) and your mod...with normal and hard battles...

The full version has the same problem as before...units never route and always are eager (no morale changes during the battle)...

No_morale version: Morale works like DEI and units are retreating quickly and return some times (from 200 men the last 100 retreat for example) with normal battles.

With Hard battles the experience is a little different and feels better I believe...

But version without morale changes and hard battles is the best, so I'm gonna vote for it.
    But could you make it that units retreat a bit harder and if so they can return more frequently???
    Cause with the increase killrates units are tending to retreat easier generally... or make them a bit harder to be killed so they can stand a longer fight...

Cheers
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; November 18, 2015 at 04:45 PM.

I suggest you to try very hard or legendary difficulty. Try and Let me know if it s improved

Senator

The values in the KV_Morale are in positives for losses, what happens here is that the soldiers morale is going up as they take losses.

extended_casualties_penalty_80 is set to 25, this means that once a unit takes 80% casualties, they are getting a bonus of 25 to their morale, the value should be -25.

Hi zonks40, I commented you above explaining to you the reason why I set it with + instead -

I suggest you to try very hard or legendary difficulty. Try and Let me know if it s improved
    Hey mate...
    Very hard battles tend to be unbalanced for every mod due to the huge bonuses AI gets...
    I will test them but I'm for the proposition I gave you...but it's your choice anyway...
    The normal version for me is unplayable due to the facts we talked about yesterday and the second version you uploaded for me to test it was much better but units used to retreat easily...
    So if you could balance the second version that would be great indeed...

Cheer mate...

Any updates mate???

Cheers

This mod looks super cool and I actually like the new morale system but I've noticed an issue that is game breaking. Projectiles seem to do little if ANY damage. I tested it out by having 3 volleys from velites and also archers on lightly armored troops and they only lost maybe 1 or 2 per volley. When the infrantry throws their javelins, they very rarely kill everyone also. Is anyone else having this issue?

Sorry guys but I m very busy atm anyway, I didn't changed projectiles dmg, I just left dei standard one. Mmm I don't have that issue, are you sure you don t have any mod that changes projectile dmg?.

Will this also be compatible with 1.1d right now?

Also what blood mod is being used in the video?
    Last edited by gnosis89; December 19, 2015 at 10:23 PM.

I ve updated this mod for the latest version of DEI.Morale is improved a little bit but there is still something to improve.

I ve updated this mod for the latest version of DEI.Morale is improved a little bit but there is still something to improve.
    Be aware that we have massively changed animations and unit stats and by massively I mean lt's like a different system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast