Thread: Release Thread for Tuskmod 1.5

Default Release Thread for Tuskmod 1.5

My 32 hour struggle to pump out the best update I possibly could has reached its conclusion, everything seems to be working.... But of course, my lengthy tests on the subject start tonight.

Of course, there WAS a four day public testing period of this mod before the start of this thread, so many of the issues with this update should have already been found at this point. However, I will be waiting until Friday before I update the steam workshop version, for fear of an automatic update breaking someones saves (I have had it happen to me back in the Rome II era, it sucked.)

The Zip of this current version can be found on this very forum....

Here: Tuskmod_1.5.Mightjustbeyoutubereadyversion.2.zip

New tweaks and features to this version:

• General melee defense buff among axe infantry.
    • Limitanei have been made exciting.
    • Infantry deceleration has been tweaked to cause infantry units to compress on the charge, and deliver a small amount of impact damage to one another. This makes charges a biiit stronger now, especially with light units that happen to be charging in a deep formation. At the same time, light units in a spaghetti formation are going to be more vulnerable then one would normally expect.
    • Fixed several mechanics that had stray values that were far too high for them to serve a tactical purpose, reducing the potential for cheese, and increasing the likelyhood of hard fought battles.
    • Increased the AI's radius for what seems to be where it makes advanced tactical calculations in battles. The effects will be subtle, but in general, the AI should have a higher rate of at least successfully charging your units, instead of walking into combat.
    • Massive amounts of unit obsoletion has been broken for the factions that need it most, all for the purpose of allowing for more interesting turn one rosters, which should once and for all, More details Here.
    • Levy units have had maintenance cost reductions, to allow for the player to maintain cannonfodder armies late into the game.
    • Increased the speed of Siege Escalation, but reduced the accuracy of artillery.
    • Updated the Dynamic Garrisons mod to support the empires of the sands DLC. (This has updated to the steam workshop version.)
    • Fewer spies are available, but more priests are!

New to 1.5.1:

• Redid parts of the early game Arabic recruitment scheme. Holding a minor settlement is now much more valuable early on.

New to 1.5.2

• Temporarily Rolled Back the AI.
    • Fixed an issue where the Lahkmids were getting far, far too many garrisons.
    • Updated Persian recruitment scheme to reflect changes to Lahkmid garrison scheme.

Issues with the current version:
    • Currently not compatible with the Last Roman DLC. I will likely make a very simple submod to restore basic compatibility... But I find the actual structure of the Last Roman campaign to be very uninspiring for what should have been a very epic campaign.
    • The Stealth version of Don't Lie To Me Game is going to overwrite the custom UI explaining tuskmods mechanics.

Now.

This update is the first in what is hopefully a long and happy line of Tuskmod increasing its dedication to the grand campaign of Attila.

Installation instruction:

1. Download the Zip.

2. Drop its files into your data directory.

3. Enable them in the modloader. (You may need to check "Enable Obsolete mods.")

4. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; November 10, 2015 at 10:34 PM.

Default Re: Release Thread for Tuskmod 1.5

Will be a quick small update soon, a small issue where I had accidentally edited a value I didn't mean to.

Temporarily rolling back the AI for 1.5.2, doesn't mean its not coming sometime in the near future, I just want more time to test it.

Right now, there are a few sink or swim variables for the mod coming around, and I want to test my campaign changes more in depth prior to complicating factors. I understand if you are disappointed, but I am starting to realize how much of a focus I put on developing the update quickly. I want to maintain quality, therefor, I will be taking more time to test things on the behalf of a few people who have expressed concern over me rushing myself.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; November 10, 2015 at 10:28 PM.

I will test it now with the Imperial AOR troops...But i am sure tha will be an amazing experience !!! thank you!

1.5 has hit the steam workshop at this point as well, currently, I am working on a more polished 1.5.3 that will be reaching this thread, as while I am definitely happy with how 1.5 ended up, I can't help but find things I want to improve whenever I play through tusk, which of course, means nice things for the community.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

I hope I will have finally time to check out tuskmod next weekend
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

One of the biggest differences from Rome II modding to Attila is that First Strike isn't an awful, huge numbers attribute. If I had to guess, a point of first strike in Rome 2 Impacts 1 out of 25 attacks, in Attila, this number is closer to 1 out of 75 attacks. As such, I do want to point this out in advance.

Other then that, I will be doing a lot of Rebalancing for the rest of this afternoon to polish a few problem units that I should be able to finally fix, so, hopefully, I will be able to make it the best weekend to try it out.

Of course, your feedback will certainly be welcome as well, someone like you will certainly know what they are talking about.
    Last edited by Walrusjones; November 20, 2015 at 10:11 PM.

is it compatible with Imperiales_Oeconomiae?

Are spears supposed to be as powerful as they are currently? All above average swords like Suebi Champions, Godansmen, Elite Palatina, Royal Anstrutiones loses to Germanic Spear Masters. Only the very best swords like Noble Suebis can top them.
    And of of course shock infantry, indeed any infantry with low defense values disappears in seconds. That makes sense sort of, but sword units with huge defense values like some of the above shouldn't lose as cleanly I feel.

I play with slower combat mod and only skirmish battles. Hasn't started a campaign yet due to still figuring out which other mods are compatible to this.

I have not experienced spears being as powerful as you say they have been, but I am quickly going to test the slower battles submod, incase I accidentally left something in there that is altering the balance of combat in a way that isn't... Good for Tuskmod.

The fortunate thing is that 1.5.3, and hidden betas combat systems should result in slower battles then previous versions, from my experience.