Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

So you won in only 104 turns... congratulations! Note to self: Game is too easy. Need to make it harder.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post
    So you won in only 104 turns... congratulations! Note to self: Game is too easy. Need to make it harder.

Am I right in thinking you intend to do more work on the Muslim factions' rosters? Because I think that'd be a real game-changer in the Levant. Not that I didn't struggle sometimes. I lost to the Fatimids a number of times when I thought my chances were good. I think I broke their back early by laying siege to Ascalon on the first turn; I was defeated, but the garrison gave chase so on the next turn my survivors hammered both them and their relieving force. My disastrous Hungarian campaign showed me that I was too passive, so I tried being much more aggressive this time around. Not blitzing, just making sure to always be on the offensive and retaining the initiative.

But in general the Orthodox factions - specifically the Byzzies and the Georgians - were far more of a challenge. I only went to war with the Byzzies right at the end of the campaign; I lost two battles against them and won two. The Georgians, whom I fought on and off, were like a mini-holocaust among my family members. The de Bourbons (dukes of Aleppo, Heskif and later counts of Eddessa) and the Dupuys (dukes of Alexandria and Ascalon) were utterly gutted by them. Those were the only battles that really scared me; even if I had more soldiers than them I could never be sure of victory.

The Zengids were of about average toughness. They pulled a couple of surprises but in general my main problem with them was diplomacy after they'd been vassalised. They kept falling into civil war and overthrowing the previous ruler, meaning I'd need to devastate their lands again to remind them why they were better off on their knees.

But the Abbassids, I'm afraid to say, were an absolute cakewalk. My units were able to just walk through them most of the time. What I expected to be a suicidal river crossing turned into a total route of their full stack and an average victory; the worst I ever did against them. Granted I didn't fight them much and the Khwarezmians had already hurt them, but I just couldn't motivate myself to fear them.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

These are interesting inputs. I hope we'll be able to use them to improve the Muslims factions.

However, I'm surprised about the Abbasids.While controlled by the player, I found them as the easiest Muslim faction to play
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 24, 2016 at 04:30 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    These are interesting inputs. I hope we'll be able to use them to improve the Muslims factions.

However, I'm surprised about the Abbasids.While controlled by the player, I found them as the easiest Muslim faction to play
    Glad to help. Odd about the Abbasids, though. I wonder what the cause of the difference was between my experience and yours? Did the better units come once you'd expanded and built up a bit? Because the Abbasids never really got off the ground in my campaign, securing at their height no more than about four regions. Could it have been that you found their units cheap and quick to train? Most of the soldiers I saw, with the exception of Ghulams, were all light, spears or archers. Perhaps that can be a boon for the player but does the AI tend to treat all unit weights the same and hurl light infantry and spears against heavier opponents? There wasn't much armour to speak of their at all, in contrast to the Georgians.

Quote Originally Posted by MWY View Post

Yes MWY, this can't happened, choose crusades states have to be a inferno or nightmare
    Maybe could improve muslims rosters or AI difficulty... you will say hehe
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Blog Entries

when I played as Abbasids, I didn't encountered a real threat. As soon as the Seljuks offered me to become their vassal, I accepted because it securised my eastern border and I could focused to North and West. Zengids weren't absolutly not a threat. CS was a bit harder but still manageable. I stopped it right when I was about to declare war on Fatimids. As they were quite strong, I think they might have given me some troubles. Georgia was busy fighting the remaining Zengids (2 settlements) and the Seljuks. They were not a treat for me. May be I was lucky.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

This is what happens when you kill a bunch of Moors.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by TheCataphract View Post
    This is what happens when you kill a bunch of Moors.

Lol! That's awesome. What difficulty are you playing on? As Outremer, my relations even with Catholic factions only ever went down for fighting anyone, Muslim factions included. I wondered at first if that's because they had an eye on certain regions but seeing this, I actually wonder if it might be a glitch.

@Boogie Knight
    I was playing on m/m since I always go bankrupt in a few turns and other factions just swarm me from all sides.
    As to taking settlements, Georgia seemed to utterly hate me after I took Badajoz, and it's usually in field battles against Islamic factions that I get all this +rep from other factions.
    But I'll have see if the same things happens with the Crusader States on a higher difficulty.
    Last edited by TheCataphract; February 27, 2016 at 07:52 AM.

Just restored the Eastern Roman Empire and Damascus revolted, but soon their corpses will fill the streets.

At this point i have no pretensions of restoring the Justinian era empire, no patience to manage so much land or wage so many war in so many different fronts (No wonder it collapsed). Still wanting to conquer Rome tough...

Btw, the rebel\civil war\revolt system is gorgeous. Can't have enought of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0011.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by vic_chan666 View Post
    Just restored the Eastern Roman Empire and Damascus revolted, but soon their corpses will fill the streets.

At this point i have no pretensions of restoring the Justinian era empire, no patience to manage so much land or wage so many war in so many different fronts (No wonder it collapsed). Still wanting to conquer Rome tough...

Btw, the rebel\civil war\revolt system is gorgeous. Can't have enought of it.
    So cool to see you guys' campaigns go that far... 200 turns.
    My campaign is about 30 turns and suffer about 5 CTD.
    Do you often get CTD during playing, my friend?

That should definitely not happen that often. Can you give us some scenarios at which it happened in the bug report thread?

Quote Originally Posted by minhnd6789 View Post
    So cool to see you guys' campaigns go that far... 200 turns.
    My campaign is about 30 turns and suffer about 5 CTD.
    Do you often get CTD during playing, my friend?
    That's weird, i never had any CTD with this mod. I had with Call of Warhammer, but how hasn't?

^ yep, this mod is as stable as it can get, more stable than vanilla med2

In the year of our Lord 1158 the King of France has made the fateful decision. Like the Normans a century ago, he set off for the British Isles along with his cousin - who was already becoming famous as the rumours of his tactical prowess spread - intending to show these rebellious vassals their place and make a name for himself in the process - for, despite his nearing of middle age, he still hadn't had the prestige he claimed he deserved.

The result was one that had shook at least the half of the entire Catholic world. As the very heartland of the Kingdom of England was captured, the King has ordered a massacre of local populace, thus dealing a massive blow to the Kingdom of England. With it only retaining the Western part of British Isles, Ireland, and parts of Western France, it could hardly be called the Kingdom of England anymore. Needless to say, the Pope had to intervene - as the England was his heartland, albeit to him it was only a distant memory in the face of French contributions to the Curia.

The French king had to promise to atone for this by turning his wrath towards the heathens - he could not afford to escalate this scandal even further. But if only it were so simple! The English naturally retaliated, and Normandy was lost to them. Even worse, their King had made it his capital - not the most prestigious step as it effectively meant that he was once again but a Duke of Normandy, albeit independent - but it would certainly make it much more difficult to find an excuse to bring his lands to the crown.

But the conquest of British Isles did not stop there. The Scots, who have contributed to the fall of Kingdom of England before, have long set their designs on the entire island, and as soon as they smelled blood they attacked without hesitation, despite their clearly inferior economy and numbers. This only worked to their detriment, however: in their former war against England, they had managed to accrue a reputation for barbaric deeds. So barbaric, that the Pope in a fit of rage had declared their king excommunicated. This left an opportunity for the French King - he could easily move against them himself. Once the Scots were taken care of, the title of the King of England for him would seem as more of a reality and not a faraway dream...

who are against us when we have Ghost Army on our side ????

Blog Entries

I thought it was an unit of Silver Surfers

That's a missing texture, fixed for the next patch

The Kingdom of Jerusalem was destroyed, but for some inexplicable reason, rose in the Balearic Islands.

Blog Entries

I think they get lost on their way to Malta

What do get when you add Stainless Steel, SSHIP, and GEM? Mouthwatering medieval badassery