Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

I've been enjoying the new map tremendously. Taking the Zengids as my favourite faction, I have taught the Abbasids and the Seljuks to fear my mighty empire!

At first, I wanted to simply secure control over Iraq. Then, once that had been achieved, I felt that the Iraqi provinces were vulnerable to what lies beyond the Zagros mountains. I wanted to secure the area completely, and the best way to do that was to advance across the mountains and take the cities on the other side. So I conquered Iran too. Meanwhile to the north, the Georgians attempted to attack one of my castles. So I marched north and destroyed them utterly, adding their lands to my empire. Likewise in the west, the Crusaders betrayed me and attempted to siege Aleppo. So I turned west and completely destroyed them too. Now I am at war with the Byzantines and the Cumans, while the Egyptians are neutral. I used to be allied to Egypt, but one of my assassins died while trying to kill an Egyptian merchant that had just killed one of my own merchants. This ended the alliance. I will conquer them too, when the time comes!

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    not my empire though, but The Mongols did their job
    My son, I gave you one job! It was wonderful...
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Soo I started playing a HRE campaign, mostly because I wanted to test and find out if it's really that easy. I started off taking Verona, Utrecht and Loven pretty quickly. I also allied with venice to have support in italy. Since the heir is an usurper in the HRE campaign, I decided to kill him off and a non-usurping Regent followed. Then I invaded genoa, since milan had a full rebel stack with leaders supporting it and I couldn't lure them away from the city. I fought several smaller wars with the french, the danes and the italian factions. Venice backstabbed me and I was unable to hold both Verona and Genoa at some point, so Verona fell to the venetian traitors. Loven switched sides several times between me and the french aswell.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Meanwhile in germany, my regent had some pretty bad traits and decided to get ambitious, trying to start a new dynasty instead of staying a regent. Civil war followed, I lost three settlements. I quickly tried to retake them, but the general who was besieging Regensburg decided to join the rebels instead, giving them a fullstack of my own troops. In civil war you can't trust any general. So I was kinda trapped because I didn't want to lose more nobles and generals in the field, and my empire was divived into two parts. I tried to make peace with the other factions to prevent losing more ground, and it worked mostly. The inner war lasted a long time, basically preventing any ambition of retaking lost settlements or fighting back. When the first usurper died, even another one followed..

Finally, after around 10 years, the fight for the throne was won by the new Kaiser Heinrich, the resistance faded and a new dynasty was founded. Soon Regensburg was recaptured, the traitors executed, and invasions followed into bohemia (capturing prague) and scandinavia, taking ribe from the all-time agressive danes. France is currently busy with england and im allied to hungary. So I'm finally, after 15 years able to get my revenge on the venetians for taking Verona, hopefully vasalling them soon. It looks like the french will win the war for france, so they will become a pretty big problem soon aswell. I really don't think it's an easy campaign so far.. And I'm pretty happy with it.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice campaign, thanks for sharing. Sounds like an epic struggle! M2TW at its best.

What the heck are the Byzantines doing in Libya?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    What the heck are the Byzantines doing in Libya?
    Enjoying the sun and tradding camels
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0014.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	692.8 KB 
ID:	334501

This is normal???jihad and crusaderss all for take tunis but anyone faces or take the city...hahaha the medieval world is crazyyy
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0014.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	692.8 KB 
ID:	334501

This is normal???jihad and crusaderss all for take tunis but anyone faces or take the city...hahaha the medieval world is crazyyy
    hahaha this is realy crazy

@J.a.luna
    Whoa some party we have here.

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That's just bonkers.

I'm playing as Venice right now, and I have most of Northern Italy, Croatia, Bosnia, Ancona, and Greece under my control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Im playing mongols, i couqured all rus terriotiers, came to baltic, hungary, and at south to egypt, and constantinople...horsmen of apocalypse.. But for soem reason cant make Screenshoot, it is black all time..

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

My legendary emperor at the head of his impressive army about to embark on an expedition to Sicily.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    Im playing mongols, i couqured all rus terriotiers, came to baltic, hungary, and at south to egypt, and constantinople...horsmen of apocalypse.. But for soem reason cant make Screenshoot, it is black all time..

I love playing Mongol, too. But got some problem of re-emerging faction and recruiting Bodyguard for some factions such as HRE, France in Late campaign. That makes me very upset.

@MYW: Cool campaign, bro. The German is one of my favourite one.

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post
    My legendary emperor at the head of his impressive army about to embark on an expedition to Sicily.

uaooo jurcek you must restore the ancient roman empire!!! varangian guard when is possible recruit and spatathoriai ton vasileus when also?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    uaooo jurcek you must restore the ancient roman empire!!! varangian guard when is possible recruit and spatathoriai ton vasileus when also?
    Heh, that's probably too ambitious, I'd get bored long before achieving that . I think I'd settle for the empire of Heraclius (my favourite ERE emperor).
    You can recruit Varangian Guard after the heavy mail event (ca. 1200) and Spartharii tou Vassileus after the 4th Lateran council (1215).

Heh, that's probably too ambitious, I'd get bored long before achieving that . I think I'd settle for the empire of Heraclius (my favourite ERE emperor).
    You can recruit Varangian Guard after the heavy mail event (ca. 1200) and Spartharii tou Vassileus after the 4th Lateran council (1215).
    hehehe yes when you have bign empire is a bit bored hehe and change for play other faction,maybe barbaric haha as lithuanians.. mmmm i think that spartharii should be recruit in early game...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Behold! Papa Callistus XIII, the first in the great line of warrior-popes. Not simply content with wielding unprecedented spiritual and political powers or making life miserable for every Catholic ruler in the world, this one has decided to personally lead an army against the infidel Orthodox Christians.
    Here he is, about to attack a heavily defended castle at the tender age of 82, wearing nothing more than his overpriced vestments.

What could possibly go wrong here?

Ooh.

You have to admire his manhood though.

Last edited by jurcek1987; February 04, 2016 at 06:44 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Triumph with no peril, brings no glory

Tsss,tsss, beating a 82 years old guy
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 04, 2016 at 08:58 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

i see u changed the unit cards, did u change the model aswell ? if so what models are u using ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Triumph with no peril, brings no glory

Tsss,tsss, beating a 82 years old guy
    Meh, I don't think anyone will miss the old fart. And I hear the kings of Sicily and HRE are throwing a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    i see u changed the unit cards, did u change the model aswell ? if so what models are u using ?
    Yes I made new cards for a few units. For Acritae and Mourtatoi, because they were outdated and for Scoutatoi, because I didn't like the old ones. Tbh I'm not too keen on mine either but it was my first ever unit card so I think I get a pass. I really like the other two though.
    I did change a few models too, I took them from Broken Crescent because you can't improve on perfection. They have the most accurate and the best looking ERE roster ever. Claudillo's models look cool aswell, but some of them are "too cool". They have way too much armour for their unit type. Acritae and Mourtatoi, which are regular units, have face armour which was reserved only for the richest nobles and cataphracts. Ironically Athanatoi, a unit which definitely should have it, do not. And I don't like the cataphracts, they look more like parade than combat troops.

The problem is there are no armour upgrades in BC, so I only took their elites otherwise I would have imported the likes of Scoutatoi aswell.

Also I made Scoutatoi pikemen (hoplitai). They're regular Scoutatoi models with a 4.5 meter kontarion makron pike.

ooooh my god!!!!!!! i want this units!!! are fu....awesomeeee!!! sship team add this faboulous units!!!and as jurcek says this units are more realistic and historical that current...look at this katapractorai and varangian guard!!!

THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,