Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Very interesting stuff:
    "without merchants, my economy would be crippled" - this is intended. And it's visible in the financial report. But perhaps not crippled, you'd just have to keep fewer knights in your armies.
    "heaving my priests inside of Paris| - yeah, this is the education in a cathedral. I need to see again the triggers and adjust them, perhaps.
    "no limit on spies" - not anymore in 098. There're similar limits on spies and assassins as on the diplomats.
    "almost all my settlements which has governors (minor city/fortress level and above) has their own school/university/library " - in the 098 the universities and libraries cost a lot of upkeep while providing little additional benefits so the player would build them only in a few settlements (sending a new general from Jerusalem to Paris can take a lot of time so another univesity might be useful).
    "administratively minded ones are more abundant than militarily minded ones" - in the code probabilities it's 70-30 (except of the Lithuanians and Cumans, where ti's 40-60, or similar), but it increases depending on the father traits (so also on the mother).
    "All coming of age characters I just send to Paris (administrative) or Norwich (military) and let then stay there until some other governor dies" - it should be somehow like this. But you know that education is only under the age of 20? Not point of having them there, unless they're Scholar.
    "I noticed that militarily minded ones gain economic traits in settlements and administrative ones also gain military traits in battle." - this is very good! it's intended! There is a tendency but nobody is doomed (unless utterly stupid).
    "getting the regent or userper trait is very easy. In my opinion, the ability to choose the heir would fix this problem" - yeah, this is the part of the SSHIP that awaits working on. Maybe we would give a NextHeir option for the already crowned kings? This would be a good incentive for the player to look for a crown. But a regent should establish his own dynasty after some time (I recall a code for it), so it shouldn't be difficult after all.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 31, 2021 at 10:27 AM.

Good to know that these concerns are already updated / working as intended

"without merchants, my economy would be crippled" - this is intended. And it's visible in the financial report. But perhaps not crippled, you'd just have to keep fewer knights in your armies."
    That's right, I used to have lots of dismounted knights in my armies, now I'm transitioning them to professionals, with only some knights as cavalry. But the drawback is when facing off against ai full stacks of knights, my infantry is at a heavy disadvantage

"in the 098 the universities and libraries cost a lot of upkeep while providing little additional benefits so the player would build them only in a few settlements (sending a new general from Jerusalem to Paris can take a lot of time so another univesity might be useful)."
    This is awesome and much better for immersion and roleplay

"All coming of age characters I just send to Paris (administrative) or Norwich (military) and let then stay there until some other governor dies" - it should be somehow like this. But you know that education is only under the age of 20? Not point of having them there, unless they're Scholar."
    Wow I didn't know that school benefits only the teenagers. I wasn't sure of that before, that's why I kept them in the settlement.
    I have a question about these (sorry if I'm derailling the screenshot thread). Is the castle library equivalent to the school in cities? Should I still send militarily minded teenagers to city schools or is the castle library enough? And vice versa about sending administratively minded teenagers to learn in castle libraries?

"I noticed that militarily minded ones gain economic traits in settlements and administrative ones also gain military traits in battle." - this is very good! it's intended! There is a tendency but nobody is doomed (unless utterly stupid)."
    Then does sticking administratively minded characters to governing settlements and militarily minded characters to leading armies give better benefits?
    I think in my campaign, I just had one or two characters with the stupid trait. I just sent them to some remote unimportant settlement like Dublin or Caernarvon

"getting the regent or userper trait is very easy. In my opinion, the ability to choose the heir would fix this problem" - yeah, this is the part of the SSHIP that awaits working on. Maybe we would give a NextHeir option for the already crowned kings? This would be a good incentive for the player to look for a crown. But a regent should establish his own dynasty after some time (I recall a code for it), so it shouldn't be difficult after all."
    I'll just wait for the king to become a Founder of a Royal Dynasty then, although his dynasty would only last until his death I think a Next Heir option would be great. And about the crowns, is the loyalty factor its only benefit?

"All coming of age characters I just send to Paris (administrative) or Norwich (military) and let then stay there until some other governor dies" - it should be somehow like this. But you know that education is only under the age of 20? Not point of having them there, unless they're Scholar."
    Wow I didn't know that school benefits only the teenagers. I wasn't sure of that before, that's why I kept them in the settlement.
    There's a pop-out information window in the game:
    {INFO_EDUCATION_ADMIN_BODY}Administrative Education provides generals with exceptionally valuable skills for squeezing money out of the provinces while simultaneously keeping order in the settlements. This education has four levels: Basic, Standard, Advanced, and Master. Each religion has its own names and different set of benefits attached to each level. \n\nEducation can be acquired by teenagers studying in cities with educational buildings. Intellectually gifted generals (i.e. those with the Scholar trait), can study even longer, allowing them to reach the highest levels of education. Some education can also be acquired by on-the-job experience, provided a general is intelligent. \n\nAny young general spending a whole turn in a city with a school or university (and possibly with only a library), can receive Administrative Education. Administratively-Minded teenagers will be trained very efficiently, while those of a more Military inclination will get only basic administrative levels. If a settlement only has a school, the level Schooled is the highest that can be achieved. For further studies, a University is needed (if there is no university in your realm, then your general has completed his education and is ready for service). \n\nIntelligent teenagers are likely to learn faster, while Ignorant ones are likely to do little more than lose their ignorance while studying (though Ignorant generals will not raech higher levels, it can be essential that you provide them enough education to gain at least some basic knowledge of the world). Slothfulness or Insanity may also impede the education process, while a father's traits and a few ancillaries (like Tutor or Mentor or a book) may speed it up. \n\nDuring his life, any general can learn a thing or two from other sources as well: reading a book or managing a settlement with a guild or educational facilities may provide other specific bonuses. The main condition is that the general has some minimal intelligence (though other good traits can count as well). Generals with the trait Scholar can as adults learn at a university as if they were teenagers (until they attain the highest level of education). Such men are very valuable for your faction, so keep them in a settlement with a university even if they are over 20 years old. On the other hand, after a general passes 50 (for scholars, 60), he's likely to begin to forget his training due to old age and ensuing senility.
    {INFO_EDUCATION_ADMIN_TITLE}Administrative Education
    I have a question about these (sorry if I'm derailling the screenshot thread). Is the castle library equivalent to the school in cities? Should I still send militarily minded teenagers to city schools or is the castle library enough? And vice versa about sending administratively minded teenagers to learn in castle libraries?
    No, castle libraries do not provide education. They have a slight impact on the traits, but not on education. To learn administrative stuff, a teenager has to be in a city with school/uni.
    Code:
    ;--------------------------------------------Trigger Sitting_Around_CASTLELIBRARY
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition RemainingMPPercentage > 95
           and SettlementBuildingExists >= castle_library
           and Trait Wantschool < 1
           and Trait Intelligent < 7
       and RandomPercent > 50

Affects Intelligent 1 Chance 2 
     Affects MathematicsSkill 1 Chance 2
    Vice versa: the learning is form the castle and occassional fighting, read this entry.

"I noticed that militarily minded ones gain economic traits in settlements and administrative ones also gain military traits in battle." - this is very good! it's intended! There is a tendency but nobody is doomed (unless utterly stupid)."
    Then does sticking administratively minded characters to governing settlements and militarily minded characters to leading armies give better benefits?
    Absolutely! This is a very strong mechanism.

I think a Next Heir option would be great. And about the crowns, is the loyalty factor its only benefit?
    No, there're other as well eg. the son always get better education, even without school, or gets Legacy - additional Chivalry iirc,
    Code:
    ;-------------------------------------------- Getting Inspiring TeacherTrigger Inspiring_teacher_Crown
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition Trait Crownholder > 3
           and Trait AncillaryTeacher < 1 
           and Trait MarriageCertificate > 0 

Affects AncillaryTeacher 1 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Dad_is_Crowned_King
     WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge

Condition FatherTrait Crownholder > 3

Affects FathersLegacy 2 Chance 100
    or easier get certain traits:
    Code:
    ;--------------------------------------------------------Trigger TK_Sitting_Around_with_Tourney_Fields_King
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition IsFactionLeader
           and EndedInSettlement
           and RemainingMPPercentage > 95
           and SettlementBuildingExists > jousting_lists
           and Trait Crownholder > 3
           and not Attribute Chivalry < 0
           and Trait FitForOffice > 1 
           and Trait Coward < 1
           and Trait HaleAndHearty > 4

Affects TourneyKnight 1 Chance 10
    Besides, indeed not all the merchants are maxed out. This literary man isn't.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; March 31, 2021 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks! I learned a lot today

Hi guys, here is a little AAR of my campaign playing Kingdom of Jerusalem. This was my second attempt, the first I failed totally trying to defend from the Fatimids while building my economy. They were growing stronger very fast, I started loosing and finally somebody called jihad on Jerusalem. So, I learned a lesson- there is no peace with Fatimids- the second time I played I focused all my resources on destroying them since the very begining, and as soon as it was possible, I called a crusade on Cairo – their capital city.

The crusade was won by France, I was able to take two rich cities in Northern Egypt, which left Fatimids only with Qus in the south. Only then could I breathe a little. Surly enough, after few years of peace, the Jihad was called, but then I was able to defend my precious Jerusalem:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

After all the battles with Fatimids, also French attacked me in Egypt - the result was a peaceful and Catholic state generating nice income :

The crusaders have a lot of very powerful units and relatively cheap which is super important- because of some good units of heavy cavalry the battlefield belonged to the crusaders. For example, St Lazarus knights:

Also what is specific for the middle east are the sneaky ways of fighting the enemy, using ambush, killers and spies, I think it happens everywhere but especially here:

I think I killed 30,40 killers in my campaign of all the surrounding nations, otherwise they would kill my best generals:

The Byzantines after a while became very powerful, but they fought on many fronts. My tactics with them was to attack by surprise, conquer two cities, offer them 20000 of gold for peace, and after my reputation improve – repeat.

Interesting that there was a Turcoman rebellion – Rum Seljuks reappeared in strength (even thought they were conquered again after 10 turns):

I played with the XXXZit-JLMP campaign AI, another interesting thing were the naval invasions that happened:

My King was crowned:

Now I am in turn number 100 and having 30000 income every turn. I think at this point I will stop and call it a victory - it seems too long to wait for the Mongols to knock on my doors and give some more thrill..

This Rum rebellion is actually the outcome of a William Wallace script for the Rum faction, introduced recently:

Code:
        ;======================================================================================================	;------- Turcoman Help for Rum  -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    	;======================================================================================================
    	; by JoC 2020

;====================================================================================================== Turcoman Help for Rum
    	; the goal is to make the life of Byzantium more difficult early game (when it matters)
    	; script is a replica of William Wallace script
    	; it does not have a time limit - it may 
    	; script simplyfied january 2021, commented lines can be removed if no problem arise. --- Belovese

; declare_counter turcoman_rum_uprising_spawned
        ; set_counter turcoman_rum_uprising_spawned 0

; monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType rum
            ; and I_NumberOfSettlements rum < 2
            ; and I_NumberOfSettlements rum > 0
            ; and I_CompareCounter turcoman_rum_uprising_spawned = 0

; set_counter turcoman_rum_uprising_spawned 1
    		; log_counter turcoman_rum_uprising_spawned

; terminate_monitor
        ; end_monitor

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType rum
    		and I_NumberOfSettlements rum < 2
            ; and I_NumberOfSettlements rum > 0
            ; and I_CompareCounter turcoman_rum_uprising_spawned = 1

log --- Script start : Turcoman help for Rum
    		if RandomPercent > 80
    			log ------ spawn Orhan Arslan
    			spawn_army
    				faction rum
    				character	Orhan Arslan, named character, age 35, x 307, y 123, family
    				traits LoyaltyStarter 1 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , GoodCommander 2 , ReligionStarter 1 , Royal_Blood_Rum_Turkish 1 , BiologicalSon 1 , Handsome 6 , Intelligent 8 
    					unit	ME Bodyguard				exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkomans					exp 7 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkomans					exp 4 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkomans					exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkomans					exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0	
    					unit	Turkish Horse Archers		exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkish Horse Archers		exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkish Horse Archers		exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkish Horse Archers		exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    			end
    		end_if

if RandomPercent > 60
    			log ------ spawn Ahmed Arslan
    			spawn_army
    				faction rum
    				character	Ahmed Arslan, named character, age 25, x 306, y 123, family
    				traits LoyaltyStarter 1 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 2 , GoodCommander 1 , ReligionStarter 1 , Royal_Blood_Rum_Turkish 1 , BiologicalSon 1 , Handsome 4 , Intelligent 6 
    					unit	ME Bodyguard				exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkomans					exp 0 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0	
    					unit	Fari Horse Archers			exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Dismounted Fari Archers		exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Dismounted Fari Archers		exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Turkish Archers				exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0		
    			end
    		end_if

if RandomPercent > 40
    			log ------ spawn Fakih Arslan
    			spawn_army
    				faction rum
    				character	Fakih Arslan, named character, age 20, x 306, y 124, family
    				traits LoyaltyStarter 1 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 1 , Austere 1 , ReligionStarter 1 , Royal_Blood_Rum_Turkish 1 , BiologicalSon 1 , Handsome 4 , Intelligent 6 
    					unit	ME Bodyguard				exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Fari Horse Archers			exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Fari Horse Archers			exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Fari Horse Archers			exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Dismounted Fari Archers		exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Dismounted Fari Archers		exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit	Dismounted Fari Archers		exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    			end
    		end_if

historic_event TURCOMAN_HELP_FOR_RUM

log ------ set diplomatic stances
            if I_SettlementOwner Konya = byzantium
                console_command diplomatic_stance rum byzantium war
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Konya = zengid
                console_command diplomatic_stance rum zengid war
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Konya = jerusalem
                console_command diplomatic_stance rum jerusalem war
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Konya = georgia
                console_command diplomatic_stance rum georgia war
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Konya = abbasid
                console_command diplomatic_stance rum abbasid war
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Konya = mongols
                console_command diplomatic_stance rum mongols war
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Konya = turks
                console_command diplomatic_stance rum turks war
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Konya = kievan_rus
                console_command diplomatic_stance rum kievan_rus war
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Konya = cumans
                console_command diplomatic_stance rum cumans war
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Konya = serbia
                console_command diplomatic_stance rum serbia war
            end_if

log ------ Script end
            terminate_monitor
        end_monitor

Some pics from my first siege, I hired mercenaries to attack the castle in first to preserve my own troops :

From a 098 test game:
    - if you play a short game scenario, then the AI factions have also short-game Victory Conditions and can get there first:

- the re-emergence script is still there:

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    From a 098 test game:
    - if you play a short game scenario, then the AI factions have also short-game Victory Conditions and can get there first:

- the re-emergence script is still there:
    Hahaha is it possible? Good work Jurand! Now Players will have to compete against the AI to achieve victory before it!

And with regard to the reemergence scrip, it is assumed that the crusader states re-emerged on the island of Cyprus? I love to see that the game is more and more challenging for the player.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Wow, that is significant progress made by the A.I. in only 40 turns. Looks like it will be an even greater challenge than before. Looking forward to your next release

Hi guys, I am finishing the campaign playing Denmark. Its a 0.98 test version, I had just few CTD, no persistent ones. It was a lot of fun, one of this campaigns that were engaging enough to keep me playing more than 250 turns, just wanted to share the fun I had these last weeks.. Denmark is a difficult faction, because on the south there is giant- HRE and on the west Norway. If one is not careful enough they attack from two directions, what is the end of the game. My strategy was to weaken Norway as much as possible, leaving them with just one city - Bergvin, and separate myself from them with a big garrison in Oslo. It didn't happen though, they managed to conquer Skara, and I was not able to stop them. Here are some screenshots:

Humble beginings. I attacked Norway in the first turn, took over Oslo. Next I proposed peace (the Pope was already threatening excommunication) trade rights and alliance for some money, they agreed. The alliance was kept for a long time, during this time I was developing and conquering the rebel cities, while they got stuck with just two cities. After 50 turns I cancelled the alliance and conquered Skara, after another 20 turns, conquered Bergvin which was the end of them. Not very virtuous but effective. I figured that if I left Norway to develop well in the beginning they will become sooner or later a very serious threat.

I managed to take over Magdeburg without a war with Germans, I dont remember if it happened to revolt or was taken by Poland for a moment but I got it in the end - the fortress that strengthen me a lot.
    After a while I received a message that Seljuks are getting close to win the game, so I ask for a crusade on Alexandria, and conquered the city. Than there was a lot of struggle to keep it, a jihad against me, than another crusade etc. Other Muslim factions were at this point very week, so I only fought Seljuks.

They were very tough, good morale, especially Heavy Ghulams were a real challenge. They fought till the end, till the last man, as in the picture. However, nothing could compare to the viking infantry - huskarls, hirdsmann, and the rest..

Hirdsmenn that were decimating all the elite infidels units.

And my favorite looking unit Skjoldborgsmenn.

I fought the Seljuks, waiting for Mongols, and they Mongols came on time:

However, the Turks were so strong, that if I didn't help Mongols waging a constant war with the former, the Seljuks would probably prevailed.

For the tirst time I saw this units:

After a while my faction become the richest, and strongest:

No one tries to attack me now

Interesting was that Georgia was crushed four times, and four times reemerged. In the end they had the moments of glory:

As you can also see above Mongols did their job..
    Anyway, I am now at turn 255 and I think its time to finish.
    Last edited by Macaras; July 04, 2021 at 06:34 PM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Nice experience! Thank you for sharing it with us.

Yeah, sweet, sweet AAR @Macaras

pxfofo's Avatar Foederatus

120 turns in the campaign So far so good Some interesting settlers in west africa

I was pretty surprised with AI naval invasion capacity. After i take Cyprus from Egypt i must defend against 4 almost full stack invasions in 4 turns. Each turn one.

save: https://ufile.io/zomrh0m7

looks like you abused the Papacy to the point where the Saracens in the middle east became all part of the top 5 forces in the world.

also it's interesting what's happening to portugal and the moors because it's the same in my campaign that reached the 94th turn as Rum Seljuks.

pxfofo's Avatar Foederatus

looks like you abused the Papacy to the point where the Saracens in the middle east became all part of the top 5 forces in the world.
    Doge of Venice dont care, Doge of Venice want moneeeyyy

But right now i try make Regnum Hierosolimitanum great again. I slowly conquering north africa and give them this regions. And if Venetian coffer handle this, one day we maybe stand in Jerusalem again

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Short description of my campaign

As I said, I went back to 097 to try a campaign there, H/VH.

One of the biggest differences I see is how peaceful the campaign AI is in 097. In the 098 August version the factions go to each other's neck in the beginning and keep fighting on... Resulting in mass excommunications. It's like a big race on who can grow big enough to steamroll the other. In 097 it's a much slower process (don't forget the civil wars) the catholic factions rarely attack each other. It was 1240something when I saw the first war between France and England. Oh and England is conquered by Scotland most of the time

I started my Hungarian campaign with the aim of peace with East+West and war with the South (Serbia+ERE). Focus was on the economy at the beginning, a few mines and roads added a nice surplus allowing me to go to war with Serbia. Hungary is lacking armour at the beginning so I relied on my horse archers a lot and tried to fight in the open. Even though Serbia only had 2-3 settlements it offered a considerable resistance at one point I was barely able to hold a bridge. Anyway they were beaten and their settlement annexed. Roads, mines, economy building again to go after the 2nd target, ERE.

ERE was the strongest faction and was at peace with its neighbours most of the time so every time I attacked them they were able to respond in force and in time. It was hard to crack the The Roman 'panzer' infantry even if they were weakened by shower of arrows from my Magyar Cavalry. A couple of wars were needed with hit and run tactics (go out with a lot of horse archers, do a lot of damage and withdrawn from battle) to conquer the majority of the Balkans (-Thessaloniki Korinthos, Adrianople and Constantinople) but eventually I got there. I wanted to secure the crown before I advance any further so I joined a crusade (for chivalry and maybe authority) with my FL to take Damascus from the Fatimids, but the Holy Romans got there first and took it. I was so sad of this that on the way back home I took Antioch from the rebels.

By this time I had quality troops to hold Antioch so when the Byzies attacked it some turns later I was confident I can hold it. Took the battle at the walls but lost it, to the panzers that day.. I could have won that battle if I used my defense in depth tactic (place all defense in the central plasa + archers and artillery ) but yea, not that day. 2 of my family members died in the battle too.
    Revenge came in the Balkans (I was massing troops there already) and I hastily took Thessaloniki, Corinth and in a daring manouver Adrianople then called for peace... Which I couldn't enjoy as our old friend Venice broke our alliance and attacked me on the coast but managed to drive them back to the sea. My economy was suffering a lot from the wars so went on and disbanded some expensive troops and mercenaries and built some mines again.

The Mongols arrived in the meantime but didn't do much damage. For 30-40 turns they were just wandering on the East side of the map and destroying some places, leaving it to the rebels and moving on. Eventually they took Baghdad and called it their new home... and started to expand eastwards to the very places they destroyed not long ago :S

Taking Constantinople was easy as it was only guarded by some units. Settlements are not very protected in general but the relief forces can respond... if they get there before you take the city. That is where I am now, I'd like to take the crown before expanding further into Anatolia

I tried keeping the Pope at bay by using the cheat code where a selected faction looses all its settlements to the rebels but the AI failed to take the all the opportunities so at one point I just copied the vanilla text code of the Papal States to the current code and then ever since, the pope is dormant... It does call crusades though and is participating in it (the old man wants a settlement I bet) but with no luck.

Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 22, 2021 at 10:14 AM.

I've been playing this campaign on and off for over a year now. Turn 182 currently. Had some crushes, but overall very happy with the game.

Turn 50:

Turn 93:

Turn 182:

To the campaign itself:

-Mongols just showed up and sacked bunch of Seljuk settlements.
    -I've been allied with Georgia since the beginning of campaign. I've been showering them with lots of money, pay regular tribute, bought Trebizond from them for around $30k and gifted a town of my own. Hoping to keep them as a friendly buffer between me and Mongols, but sometimes I think the war is inevitable between us lol.
    -I'm finishing a huge and long war. It began when I moved in to Syria to take it back from Crusaders, and and their allies (Papacy and Sicily) declared on me. Once crusaders were destroyed I moved in to Italy and Sicily. Just finished off Sicily. Definitely got overextended and also my good emperor died of plague. Logistics of supplying my armies with fresh units been tough as well as shortage of good generals. Also my long term puppet Serbia betrayed me and now I'm in war with them too. While I was dealing with all this, Hungary declared war and reconquered two of their settlement that I took earlier from them. I didn't have resources to fight them, so had to give them the land back and paid a tribute for a peace deal. This was a first time in a total war game when I had some really tough times even though I was already pretty big and had good economy.
    -I like how France invaded British Isles and England is getting crushed between them and Scotts.

Overall fun campaign so far, I just wish I had less crushes and better understanding of a few mechanics like civil war or getting a character nominated as heir.
    Last edited by dfz; November 02, 2022 at 02:11 AM.

what the hell happened in Egypt and Cyrenica, why are they rebel?

Hi Guys I have some pictures to share from my last Polish campaign played on the April 7th version. The beginning was very difficult with wars all over, one after another. I wanted to play a faction surrounded on every side to see the experience and modify the AI. So during the game I cheated a little, so that I will not be crushed from every side . Here are some screenshots:

My best general who was very much needed against Lithuania, who attacked me relentlessly, especially after I took over Vilnus:

They sieged me with good heavy infantry, the only way I was able to win this battle was to go around their army and attack and kill the general and hope that his army will loos courage and run. But there was a cavalry unit guarding the bodyguards, so the plan was very difficult to realize. In the end I did it, his cavalry reacted too late and I managed to kill the general after that the units started to flee - that was a heroic victory!

Here is Krakow, very rich city:

This was another amazing siege defence - against Byzantium, Vestiarii, Scutatoi and Siphonares agains two polish nobles and woodsmen (who fought very well):

Siphonares killed my general:

In the end I won, but by edge of the sword, if the enemy managed to open the gates, the cavalry would went in, and that would be the end of me. In the end I was left with 3 units of spear militia 1 soldier each, one unit of woodsmen with 2 soldiers and some slavic javelinemen.

Byzantines are too strong, really have the best, cheapest units and its the richest faction, we will need to do something about this I think:

Novgorod attacked me with full stacks:

But this time I was ready:

I also lost some battles, this one I tried to attack through the waters, but it was a disaster: