Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

srx's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

how many turns did all of you need to end the game very hard/very hard?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by srx View Post
    how many turns did all of you need to end the game very hard/very hard?
    For me, perhaps 300 for a short victory. I've never had time and patience to achieve a long victory. The only TW I've played till the end was Thrones of Britannia.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

srx's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    For me, perhaps 300 for a short victory. I've never had time and patience to achieve a long victory. The only TW I've played till the end was Thrones of Britannia.
    so im good with scily on turn 187 and 45 citys?

srx's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by srx View Post
    so im good with scily on turn 187 and 45 citys?
    it was turn 183

in turn 186 i finished the game buying off the last needed citys to achive victory conditions.

i cant paste to show

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lol.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	374.8 KB 
ID:	358709
    This made me laugh
    Real life is balanced.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Don't underestimate the power of the Greeks. Remember Leonidas
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Don't underestimate the power of the Greeks. Remember Leonidas
    I must be misremembering who won that battle XD
    Real life is balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by VineFynn View Post
    I must be misremembering who won that battle XD
    in the grand scheme of things it actually was a victory me thinks, sort of like Dunkirk

VineFynn's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Dekhatres View Post
    in the grand scheme of things it actually was a victory me thinks, sort of like Dunkirk
    Historians tend to think it didn't really impede Xerxes' campaign in any meaningful way
    Real life is balanced.

Virian's Avatar Civis

Holding a choke point for several days slowed down the campaign and allowed the greeks to organize better. Sure it didn't have any meaningful impact on the troops available to Xerxes and from his point of view it didn't change anything but from the greek's point of view it gave them several more days to organize and raise troops as Xerxes caught them with their pants down from what I remember.

So while it didn't affect Xerxes directly it did help his enemies.

During testing: I've started Fatimid campaign and did nothing.

Wow!Have you been conquered by Jerusalem in such a short time?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Wow!Have you been conquered by Jerusalem in such a short time?
    exactly. it shows that the CAI is aggressive enough. the other situation is with diplomacy - it seems to be quite tamed

It would be nice to see our city whenever we want.

What do you think about this? I didn't write the codes, got them from Alpaca's mod and added them to SSHIP.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...od)&highlight=

Sorry for the video not working. It is okay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_0GuadrEIY

Edit: Code corrected. Enjoy - Lifth.

Last edited by Lifthrasir; January 22, 2020 at 01:18 PM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Hmm ... Seeing his city should be done with civilians. I find it absurd to see his city with a rebel unit that suddenly collapses like that.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

That's because it's the only way to view it actually. A besieging unit is made to simulate a battle, allowing the player to see the settlement
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Hmm ... Seeing his city should be done with civilians. I find it absurd to see his city with a rebel unit that suddenly collapses like that.
    Yes you're right, it would be nice if it was like RTW. But this feature is not available in new "total war" games. Why don't they do that?

Dropping my Novgorod campaign on turn 144. It was interesting, but became unplayable at this point. Posting a short AAR and my thoughts on the current state of the mod.

It's currently 1167 AD because I played with 4 TPY script (basic version). Game pacing is my main gripe with SSHIP - I find standard 2 TPY to be ridiculous. It doesn't take TWO YEARS to go from Novgorod to Kiev. The distance is less than 1100 km. If it takes you 2 years, you must be marching at 1.5 km per DAY. Come on!!

Same goes for the buildings. It cannot possibly take you two years to build a tavern. Or half a year to construct public gallows. I didn't bother about cities being constructed too fast - SSHIP's population mechanics make it nearly impossible to grow up settlement levels, at least when it comes to Baltic ones.

Arguably 4 TPY is also too fast, but at least it's not as ridiculous.

What I completely forgot when applying the script is the trait/ancillary triggers. One has to manually reduce the probability chances by half (or even more), or end up like me - with all generals having 40-50 traits. It's quite a mess.

Anyway, scaled up world map of my campaign:

Byzantium remained №1 military power throughout the game. Conquered Serbia and Hungary, making them vassals.
    Kievan Rus was №1 production, they rolled over Cumans like it was nothing.
    Egypt was №1 population.
    Novgorod was №1 financial and №3 overall (right after Byzantium and Kievan Rus).

The income was generated mainly by merchants. One merchant brings more income than a whole city.

Naturally, money was not an issue. I was able to keep my neighbours happy via gifts. Besides, most AI nations were bankrup as all hell. It was fun to patronize some powers, making them attack each other and softening up your neighbours this way.

Sadly, my alliance wth Kievan Rus (the nations start allied) never broke up. I was hesitant to cancel the alliance myself for a number of reasons (both of us were allied with Byzantium, I had warmongering Poland to worry about, Kievan Rus had more military power and no real opponents, I didn't have any capable/loyal generals for the most part of the game), and they were happy to maintain alliance.

I had three wars in total:

1. Lithuania invaded early on. They only had 3 settlements, and had to be destroyed, otherwise there is a weird bug/feature spamming a new Lighuanian general near Riga (my own settlement). Annoying.
    2. Poland tried to invade, but lost Krakow, Twangste, Plock, and Gdansk. Essentially lost its access to Baltic.
    3. Poland invaded again, and was reduced to one province (Praha).

Visby (Gotland) is the main goal for any nation trying to control the Baltic. I converted it to castle and kept a full army stack on the ready, with a fleet waiting in the port. So whenever I was invaded by Polant, I was able to repel the attackers on the same turn.

Numerous bugs made my playthrough quite irritating at times. Every general was Ignorant or Sadly Ignorant, some were born Know Little, but descended into Ignorant nonetheless. Spending their entire childhood in Novgorod (with school, library and university) didn't help anything, except made them alcoholics. Trying to find foreign generals with Intelligent trait and bribe/marry them resulted in nothing - they were all Ignorant or Sadly Ignorant. I'm pretty sure the AI has no clue about SSHIP's education system. Which is sad.

Then my faction leader lost the ability to grant offices for whatever reason. Then most of my generals became Deranged all of a sudden. I don't know.

It could be related to the 4 TPY script messing things up. I feel like playing SSHIP, but I can't force myself to ignore the pacing that makes no sense. Maybe I will read some modding guides and modify triggers, balancing them for 4 TPY. Then again, it seems unlikely my bugs were related to the script - I have a feeling that modifying trigger probabilities won't solve the underlying issues with this mod.

It was fun nonetheless.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I believe the mod is still being worked on, the modders in charge will probably look into the bugs mentioned.