Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Default Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Actually, I fear that the Moors are rather the culprit here - they're too weak.
    I had a game with Abbasids, with a similar diplomatic situation with the Seljuks. However, I think they have no other enemy faction bordering them but the Abbasids, so the stream of stacks was MUCH wrose. So yes, I think maybe the Moors acted as at least a bit of a deterrent from Castille sending their entire military force to Portugal. Still, while being difficult to peace with the Seljuks wasn't a big deal for me, it was a bit of a surprise that Castille was this stubborn, considering there were still Moors in Iberia.

Hi dfz,
    Please tell if you use 097E with or without KCC :-)
    Hi JoC, I’m using just a clean 097 without any sumbods. In fact, i’m not sure if I have a patch E, because it looks like it was added later to the main thread. Do you by chance know if E is save compatible? And I might add KCC once I move in to 13th century.

Sorry for double post, can’t edit my posts yet.
    You see those three rebel provinces in southern France? Well they used to belong to HRE, so looks like they did have a civil war from which they havent recovered yet

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by dfz View Post
    Hi JoC, I’m using just a clean 097 without any sumbods. In fact, i’m not sure if I have a patch E, because it looks like it was added later to the main thread. Do you by chance know if E is save compatible? And I might add KCC once I move in to 13th century.
    Hmm, I'd assume it'd be ok with patch E, but crashes with KCC.

Changelog for patches A-EX) information windows:
    - changes on the thrones (Death of Leader events) and changes of the names of the settlements after a conquest will be notified only to the neighbouring factions - as a result the player will get fewer notifications.
    - a warning will be issued when the FL gets senile - to remind the player that he should have some spare money to pay for the funeral if the FL dies, to pay attention to the usurpers, or just to pay attention to the weaknesses as he's a governor or an army leader.
    - explanation of the initial Forced Tribute buildings attached
    (X) recruitment of units:
    - recruitment of the Georgian units fundamentally reviewed and improved. Two new events (Georgian Golden Age, Georgian Revival) introduced as conditions. They are triggered not by time but by the course of the events, even thought there's a fall back - a certain date will trigger the reforms irrespectively.
    - recruitment from SiegeWorks tweaked (more complicated conditions to recruit mangonels and trebuchets - based on historical events).
    - some order for the Cuman Militia recruitment (all levels of city barracks).
    - a few simple tribal units (Bondir, Scottish Skirmishers, Causacus Hillmen, Lithuanian Skirmishers, Berber Javelinmen, African Tribal Warriors) are recruitable from the castle core buildings, with no increase in numbers as the castle gets upgraded (only some experience more). The same units are also recruitable from the barracks in the cities, also with no progression (but no progression even in experience).
    (X) buildings
    - fixes to the recruitment of priests (both churches and theologian guilds).
    - benefits of the Ikoner Studio made more complicated with Byzantine Renaissance mechanics added.
    (X) guilds
    - Hanseatic system fixed: plugins re-introduced into EDB to make the script working, special triggers to ensure that the non-eligible regions won't get the guild).
    - getting any guild will make getting another one of same type in another settlement unlikely soon (other guilds should be offered first).
    (X) map
    - resource Marble changed into Stone, a new map model is included (thanks to Makayane and Zantorian).
    (X) initial situation
    - (further) re-positioning of resources (Spain, Germany, Italy);
    - thresholds for upgrade for cities lifted upwards given the observed effects of changes in parameters and fertility (change from town to large town and from large town to minor city were very easy, even without the need to build everything). The required re-levelling of the settlements done.
    - what follows, some adjustments in the set of buildings in the starting settlements.
    (X) traits and ancillaries
    - some tweaks to the traits (triggers and descriptions), in particular preventing to get Coward from the autoresolved battles; adding the FL initial authority.
    - PTs for Ulm and Hamburg fixed.
    - some pics of ancillaries changed.
    (X) mechanics
    - new events (Georgian Golden Age, Georgian Revival, 2x Byzantine Renaissance, 1 Lithuanian) - all with the gameplay implications.
    - "First Scotish Uprising" added to the script to mirror the William Wallace uprising of the late era (that one may happen only after turn 250, while the new one - instantly).
    - marginal fixes to the Mongol Invasion script
    (X) fixes
    - fix to the Quotes bug that prompted very frequent crashes on entering and exiting the SSHIP, and also after battles
    Quote Originally Posted by dfz View Post
    Sorry for double post, can’t edit my posts yet.
    You see those three rebel provinces in southern France? Well they used to belong to HRE, so looks like they did have a civil war from which they havent recovered yet
    Possible indeed.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; November 23, 2020 at 02:56 PM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@dfz : KCC 0.9.5 is designed to work with Patch E. Adding it to your game will change the appearance of units but should not crash the game.On the other hand, if you want to take full advantage of the perks (like seeing kings and heirs on the battlefield), starting a game over will be necessary for the script to do its job.

Icon1 Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2020-11-25 09-57-12.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	273.1 KB 
ID:	363106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2020-11-25 10-31-16.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	229.3 KB 
ID:	363107Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2020-11-17 07-32-19.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	156.7 KB 
ID:	363108

Some battle screenshots. (Look at AI flanking in 2nd one, It waited for me to engage!)

After 67 turns in, I managed to arrive at the conclusion that all the problems of the HRE are caused by mainly two things that the player can easily avoid through campaign. 1 - Way, WAY too many lords, screwing with hard limits and making marriages/births difficult to outright impossible, and 2 - The current leader and faction heir are too old and sonless, thus, messed up inheritance.

Anyway...

What 3 crusades does to a MF.

And why it is worthwhile to keep land in the Middle East.

This is an interesting insights for me. It means that
    1. AI shouldn't be able to recruit bodyguards (they fill in the limit and no children are spawned)
    2. the initial family tree should be full of children (to prevent the royal house dying out)
    3. maybe it's possible to make adoptions by script to ensure the housed do not die out in turn, say, 200 ?

HRE has enough kids to make sure you will have 20+ generals for at least 50 turns, thus making the whole inheritance/civil war thingy even more aggravating. Maybe a review of the entire realm's general tree is in order. If you want to make sure a civil war will happen, you could just keep the FL without a son and the heir-presumptive old/sterile.

Icon1 Re: Screenshots / Empires' Maps Thread

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

AI Norway Invading Scotland!

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Sindathar View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

AI Norway Invading Scotland!
    Damn thats .....impressive not going to lie , GO NORWAY!

Usually is the other way around.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

My campaign with Papal States in VH / VH

It is very captivating because it is rather difficult. While the Pope cannot be excommunicated, on the other hand, he does not have many generals in his faction and does not take skills when participating in battles.

In 42 laps, I only managed to take 2 cities in addition to Rome, the only starting city. The reason is essentially a very intrusive Sicilian neighbor !

I still had time to send my Pope on a crusade against Halab

My ally from the Kingdom of Jerusalem was already under siege (I noticed in this regard that the AI ​​is very fast to reach the target ... a little too much for my liking)

Another recurring remark. Although the gate and the city walls had been taken several minutes earlier, even with soldiers of mine on the door, boiling oil continues to fall on my men, sometimes killing my general. Really, if anyone could improve that that would be great !

Here is the take of the second enclosure.

My ally benefits from the help of the Templars

The Syrian auxiliaries of the kingdom of Jerusalem are the first to enter the central square.
    (I will have to see if the latter can only be recruited by Jerusalem ... in which case I should perhaps modify their uniform by putting some crosses)

Conclusion:
    I only had one CTD in my entire game and it didn't happen again when I reloaded my save.
    The current game SSHIP 0.9.7 + patch F + KCC 0.9.5 + battle_models.modeldb corrected by Gigantus works fine.
    Last edited by kostic; December 09, 2020 at 06:20 PM.

Looks like the family is deliberately aborting all male foetuses. It deserves a grand narrative AAR, something like the story about that family living beyond the wall in the Game of Thrones.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 10, 2021 at 01:34 AM.

My Kiev siege army. Had to rush it, not sure it will do...

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    My Kiev siege army. Had to rush it, not sure it will do...
    Oh Dear

That's what 0 towns do to a mfr

What's mrf? Why 0 towns? How come do you have so many heavy troops?

What's mrf? Why 0 towns? How come do you have so many heavy troops?
    mfr is a short for uhh.... https://youtu.be/_bSEfx6D8mA?t=1.

Also i think he only has castles so he kept recruiting those axemen for several turns

Just a little joke to illustrate some things that I brought up about Lithuania. Notice too its just turn 20.