Direct Vassals:
    Alexander Ortenburg Lord Of Batroun & Jubail

Military (Total):
    3,796 - Footmen
    2,588 - Spearmen
    2,559 - Bowmen
    2,466 - Men At Arms
    2,904 - Knights
    Last edited by Stildawn; December 14, 2015 at 05:51 PM.

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Default Re: County Of Tripoli

House Of Santana

Setting up house in the town hall for the meantime, here visitors can find the Count of Tripoli Carlos Santana, all visitors are searched and any weapons removed before entry.

House Of Santana
    Residents
    Full Name: Carlos Salvador Santana
    Heritage: Castilian
    Rank/Class: Count

Full Name: Sofia Santana
    Rank/Class: Countess

Full Name: Timoteo Santana
    Rank/Class: Heir to Count

Full Name: David Santana
    Rank/Class: Second Son to Count
    Military
    3,141 – Footmen
    2,111 - Spearmen
    2,104 - Bowmen
    2,066 - Men At Arms
    2,127 - Knights
    Holdings
    City Of Tripoli (+3) Buildings:
    Medium Well (+2 eco)(+2 Def Siege)
    Small Caravan (+1 eco)
    Medium Caravan (+2 eco)
    Merchant Guildhouse (+3 eco)
    Small Bazaar (+1 eco)
    Medium Bazaar (Finished 18/12/15)
    City Of Tortosa (+2) Buildings:
    Medium Well (+2 eco)(+2 Def Siege)
    Small Caravan (+1 eco)
    Medium Caravan (+2 eco)
    Merchant Guildhouse (+3 eco)
    Small Bazaar (+1 eco)
    Medium Bazaar (Finished 18/12/15)
    Town Of Arqa (+1) Buildings:
    None
    Last edited by Stildawn; December 14, 2015 at 05:52 PM.

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

William arrives in the county of Tripoli to speak with the newly appointed Lord

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

The city is alive with craftsmen, busy employed in repairing the scars of the siege. Eventually asking around he is directed to the Town Hall, temporary resident of Lord Santana.

After the usual receiving procedures William is lead into a small side room, where he finds the Lord reading some papers while a baby boy plays on a thick rug before him.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Edelhard arrives in Tripoli. His instructions were to give the Count all the support he required. Edelhard is a veteran military officer, with particular experience in light horse and scouting, as well as laying down ambuscades.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Stildawn View Post
    The city is alive with craftsmen, busy employed in repairing the scars of the siege. Eventually asking around he is directed to the Town Hall, temporary resident of Lord Santana.

After the usual receiving procedures William is lead into a small side room, where he finds the Lord reading some papers while a baby boy plays on a thick rug before him.
    William was delighted at the sight of a young child, than turned to greet the newly appointed lord
    Greetings Lord Santana, I see you have been blessed with a child. What is his name? Has he been baptized?

Section Editor ES

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    Edelhard arrives in Tripoli. His instructions were to give the Count all the support he required. Edelhard is a veteran military officer, with particular experience in light horse and scouting, as well as laying down ambuscades.

After the usual arrival procedures, Edelhard is lead before Lord Santana, sitting behind a large wooden desk, going over seemingly endless paper work.

Santana looked up at the man, sighing slightly, he had lost most of his advisers on the crusade and frowned at the need to hire men to fill roles of childhood friends lost.

"Welcome to Tripoli, eh... Edelhard... Am I pronouncing that correctly?" He said to his visitor finding a page about the man a aide dropped off before bringing the man in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord William View Post
    William was delighted at the sight of a young child, than turned to greet the newly appointed lord
    Greetings Lord Santana, I see you have been blessed with a child. What is his name? Has he been baptized?
    Santana looks up at the unknown man, thinking he must be of some importance to get past the guards he decided to treat him respectfully for now.

"He is Timoteo, I felt Christian names were suiting now that we are really here, in the Holy Lands" Santana beamed with pride at his new son and heir.

"Unfortunately no he has not, there is no cathedral here, I plan to build one, but well I have a long list of things that need to be done, just to secure our continued stay here"

Citizen

William saw the dumbfounded look upon his lordship's face he realized he wasn't properly introduced
    Allow me to introduce myself I am Cardinal William Leitch, the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem. I am a Scottish noble by birth but was raised in the monasteries of Rome. I shouldn't bore you with my life story, I'm sure you have better things to listen too.

Timothy, I like the name. He seems healthy and normal, you have been blessed by God.

Section Editor ES

The Scot bowed briefly. He answered in Spanish, another reason he had been sent.

"Aye, ye are. Duke Malcolm sent me to aid you. I am a veteran of the Scottish wars with the Vikings, I am a skilled commander of light horse and I have a wealth of experience in tracking, scouting and ambushing. I hope you can find a use for me."

OOC: LW, William is a European name. Scotsmen at this time use Gaelic names. Even men from the Borders would have Gaelic names and they would speak Gaelic. YOu just wouldn't find a William.

William saw the dumbfounded look upon his lordship's face he realized he wasn't properly introduced
    Allow me to introduce myself I am Cardinal William Leitch, the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem. I am a Scottish noble by birth but was raised in the monasteries of Rome. I shouldn't bore you with my life story, I'm sure you have better things to listen too.

Timothy, I like the name. He seems healthy and normal, you have been blessed by God.
    Santana perked up a bit on the mention of the man's station.

"It's a pleasure to meet you your Eminence, it is good that Rome see's fit to send Jerusalem a cardinal. I shall surely pray for your mission in the friendly state to my south." He smiled.

"Would you perhaps know of any clergy being sent to Tripoli? I have yet to receive word?"

Quote Originally Posted by Skylord_Conor21 View Post
    The Scot bowed briefly. He answered in Spanish, another reason he had been sent.

"Aye, ye are. Duke Malcolm sent me to aid you. I am a veteran of the Scottish wars with the Vikings, I am a skilled commander of light horse and I have a wealth of experience in tracking, scouting and ambushing. I hope you can find a use for me."
    Santana leaned back in his chair with a long sigh.. "Ahhhh... Your one of Malcolms men?" He asked the rhetorical question while leaning back forward. "Tell me then, do you owe him allegiance?"

Edelhard shrugged slightly.

"Of a kind. I am not sworn to him, we are simply friends who have fought together for many years. I obey his orders because I see him as the best man to lead us Gaels."

Santana broke into a grin.

"No bother Edelhard, I to consider Malcolm my friend, we shared many a day, many a battle on the road here... I shall not ask you to betray his friendship or anything." He paused slightly taking a breath before continuing.

"For the short term allegiance does not overly matter, I could certainly use your services immediately, however if our relationship was to take a step forward in the future, naturally I would require you to be sworn to me in such a situation."

Santana stood, mentioning for the man to follow him into another room.

As they entered the room Edelhard noticed that this room had no windows, was dark except for the burning candles, and had a large map table at its center. Santana walked around the far side of the map table and leaned over it both hands propping himself up on the side.

The map was crude, but it represented the Crusader States, and had various notations and piece arrayed on it, Santana leaned down closer to a part to the north of the County of Tripoli.

"See these two towns" The Lord said pointing to two coastal towns between Tripoli and Antioch. "Maraclea and Jableh... These... Well I need all the information on them, and their surrounds as possible, and quickly."

Santana paused allowing Edelhard to look closer.

"Ideally both, but concentrate on Maraclea, I'll give you the pick of ten of my men, the best of our quick horses, and any other man you your self wish to take... I would love for you to infiltrate the settlements, if possible, though I don't know how you would accomplish that, perhaps you know of a way, or a man who resembles the heathens perhaps?" Santana said looking up at the man.

"So? What do you say?"

Citizen

Please please don't get up on my behalf I am merely a humble servant of the Lord, no different than any other man.
    William sat on the floor amongst the child, one eye facing the conversation the other watching the innocent boy playing
    I shall send a priest within the week, the conversion must begin as quickly as possible.
    William pondered a moment before wording his next sentence
    the county of Tripoli is fairly large, I have thoughts of establishing a diocese within the county what are your thoughts on the idea Lord Santana? It would require land and men, could you spare such resources?

Section Editor ES

MuttonChops's Avatar Praepositus

A trade vessel carrying the pennants of the Knights Vigilants moored slowly into Tripoli harbor. Unpracticed sailors tied it to the dock, while its contents of cargo slowly made its way to market; Its human cargo, the Grand master and few men and some lay sisters picked their way through the crowded passages to the castle proper of Tripoli. There they requested audience with the Count of Tripoli.

Please please don't get up on my behalf I am merely a humble servant of the Lord, no different than any other man.
    William sat on the floor amongst the child, one eye facing the conversation the other watching the innocent boy playing
    I shall send a priest within the week, the conversion must begin as quickly as possible.
    William pondered a moment before wording his next sentence
    the county of Tripoli is fairly large, I have thoughts of establishing a diocese within the county what are your thoughts on the idea Lord Santana? It would require land and men, could you spare such resources?

Santana was taken back by the sudden request, so it has started he thought to himself, he needed to be careful with this.

"Firstly, thank you for your assistance of a priest, he can oversee the building of a new Cathedral." Santana said with a smile, but his face then took a serious focus look.

"In regards to your diocese, I must say in no way am I adverse to the idea your Eminence... Your timing however could be better?" He said with a small grin hoping to lighten the mood.

"Holdings for dioceses, I have none, men likewise... For the short term your Eminence, I have only just taken control of the County, we need to establish ourselves first... So sadly for the moment your Eminence I must regretfully decline." Santana said but then had a thought.

"I plan to expand south to Beirut, in the mid term, currently I have pressing concerns in the north, so do not have the men for this endeavor. Perhaps you could talk to our fellow Christians, or better the orders I have heard are being established, if they could provide Holy Warriors to help me take Beirut, it would open up land in the interior for a diocese?"

Quote Originally Posted by MuttonChops View Post
    A trade vessel carrying the pennants of the Knights Vigilants moored slowly into Tripoli harbor. Unpracticed sailors tied it to the dock, while its contents of cargo slowly made its way to market; Its human cargo, the Grand master and few men and some lay sisters picked their way through the crowded passages to the castle proper of Tripoli. There they requested audience with the Count of Tripoli.

The Grand Master is admitted into the Town Hall, currently serving as the Lords residence and seat of government. He finds Santana relaxing reading a book.

The Grand Master is admitted into the Town Hall, currently serving as the Lords residence and seat of government. He finds Santana relaxing reading a book.
    While he avoided projecting the air of disappointment at the less than lofty reception. The new Grand master gave a firm bow, removing his sun charred helmet.
    "Glorious greetings, Lord Santana, count of Tripoli. Grandmaster Tristan de Bazin greets you" he said humbly

Santana looked slightly annoyed being interrupted in the small time he had to relax. He stood slowly to greet the man.

"Pleasure to meet you, Grandmaster of what may I ask?" He said with a smile

"Your remiss of our name is forgivable and understandable, I had forgotten we are not yet known elsewhere save for our immediate charges in Antioch. Well we are the Order of Knights Vigilants, a longer name exists but I won't describe it. And I am their Grand Master"

Quote Originally Posted by MuttonChops View Post
    "Your remiss of our name is forgivable and understandable, I had forgotten we are not yet known elsewhere save for our immediate charges in Antioch. Well we are the Order of Knights Vigilants, a longer name exists but I won't describe it. And I am their Grand Master"
    "Ah, good to know Grandmaster, it will be good to have a strong order to my north, tell me where are you located?" Santana said with a warm smile now that he knew who he was talking to.

Citizen

Santana was taken back by the sudden request, so it has started he thought to himself, he needed to be careful with this.

"Firstly, thank you for your assistance of a priest, he can oversee the building of a new Cathedral." Santana said with a smile, but his face then took a serious focus look.

"In regards to your diocese, I must say in no way am I adverse to the idea your Eminence... Your timing however could be better?" He said with a small grin hoping to lighten the mood.

"Holdings for dioceses, I have none, men likewise... For the short term your Eminence, I have only just taken control of the County, we need to establish ourselves first... So sadly for the moment your Eminence I must regretfully decline." Santana said but then had a thought.

"I plan to expand south to Beirut, in the mid term, currently I have pressing concerns in the north, so do not have the men for this endeavor. Perhaps you could talk to our fellow Christians, or better the orders I have heard are being established, if they could provide Holy Warriors to help me take Beirut, it would open up land in the interior for a diocese?"

the church of course supports the growth and stability of the Christian states, I shall do my best to rally men to your cause. I would like to further discuss plans of a diocese within this state, perhaps at a later date after the campaign of Beirut.
    William looked at the child once again and had an idea
    If you wish it I can perform the baptism?

Section Editor ES

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast