Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: CA response

Default Re: CA response

Yeah I figured Steam's share was basically automatic but I was wondering how fast the rest of the money split was. Some companies keep money until product is actually delivered while others share it out within 5 business days it enter their possession. I guess it really doesn't matter a huge amount as even with strong pre-orders those are only a small portion of total units that get sold eventually. Main benefit seems to be as CA said, gauging interest and how much more money to hit up Sega for new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Larger market with average gamers incomes being slightly lower. If 1 million people will buy at $60 but only 800,000 will buy at $74 then it is better to sell at $60 as that = $800,000 difference in revenue. Since each extra unit sold costs CA/Sega very little (a certain % of units sold will have product support costs as well now have Steam refunds to worry about and some places apparently are going to put refund period into law) the price point should be aimed generate the most revenue which often means slightly lower or higher prices according to market conditions.

Also for the U.S. market a price of $74 would be fairly shocking for a non-collectors edition and probably far less than 80% difference of sales the first few months of release before price drops/sales come into play. For smaller markets like Turkey, Australia etc there is both taxes and the cost of bringing it to market as factors where distribution rights and/or currency exchange costs are relevant. Practically for digitally distributed products many of those costs go away but unfortunately Steam has set policies in some regions so- not sure if CA/Sega can be fully held accountable in that regard.
    Except this excuse doesn't work because no other TW's have been priced this way afaik and most other games aren't priced this way either. Usually UK prices are roughly the same as US prices. And £50.00 IS shocking to the UK market, why do you think you needed this post, why do you think the UK consumers are up in arms about it? I personally would be much much (disproportionately) happier if the game was £39.99, in line with the US price and honestly I wouldn't necessarily consider that excessive all things considered.

I can tell you the real reason it's priced this way: Because Warhammer is more popular in the UK. They're price gouging. And when I assume this, it throws doubt on the "oh but they NEED to price it this high" argument. And they will be losing a lot of UK customers at this price point.

I see CA went full retard.. never go full retard a wise man once said

sadly enough not the slightest surprised. once again marketing and the publisher demands gets the ca director to lower their standards on their products.
    remember the time where the people who made the games had a sense of decency.
    where is the nerd army..
    we need an inside industry revolution: "the revenge of the nerds II"

Ca has lost faith and broke down.
    And for sure wont get my money until warhammer is finished and cost 10 euros or less including all content(dlc,flc,patches, and whatever they come up with). they simply do not deserve more.

That explanation was the biggest bunch of I have ever read, in the long run it doesn't matter to be because I wont be purchasing the game anyways.

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    That explanation was the biggest bunch of I have ever read, in the long run it doesn't matter to be because I wont be purchasing the game anyways.
    and this is why CA shouldn't care.
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    just my opinion as your rant is yours

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    Those types will probably buy the game anyway. Why else would so many of them make post after post after post in the Warhammer forum about how much the practice sucks? That's a strong suggestion they care so much about the game and CA is calling their bluff, imo

Quote Originally Posted by Person012345 View Post
    I personally would be much much (disproportionately) happier if the game was £39.99, in line with the US price and honestly I wouldn't necessarily consider that excessive all things considered.

I can tell you the real reason it's priced this way: Because Warhammer is more popular in the UK. They're price gouging. And when I assume this, it throws doubt on the "oh but they NEED to price it this high" argument. And they will be losing a lot of UK customers at this price point.
    Steam is £50 digital download here in the UK, Amazon.uk is £40 disc delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Those types will probably buy the game anyway. Why else would so many of them make post after post after post in the Warhammer forum about how much the practice sucks? That's a strong suggestion they care so much about the game and CA is calling their bluff, imo
    Not sure about that. I visit the Attila subforum every week, and yet I haven't bought the game yet (not really sure if I ever will actually). I simply care about this franchise and I also care very deeply what the community is discussing. I know a few forumites that are in the same situation.

You can care about this franchise (and be very active in the forums), and yet refrain from buying a TW game. It simply means that the current games CA is releasing are not up to your tastes, but you keep hoping that a future game will be.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchyvinnie View Post
    Not sure about that. I visit the Attila subforum every week, and yet I haven't bought the game yet (not really sure if I ever will actually). I simply care about this franchise and I also care very deeply what the community is discussing. I know a few forumites that are in the same situation.

You can care about this franchise (and be very active in the forums), and yet refrain from buying a TW game. It simply means that the current games CA is releasing are not up to your tastes, but you keep hoping that a future game will be.
    Alright. I just know personally I cared nothing for the Empire TW era and didn't bother visiting the forums besides MTW2 mods until Rome 2 came along. Different strokes, but I still think you might be in the minority (though I don't know this either way with hard data).

It will be interesting to compile all the particularly passionate anti-cut-content and their st eam profiles and see how many own WTW soon after release (given CA doesn't capitulate or even compromise)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Alright. I just know personally I cared nothing for the Empire TW era and didn't bother visiting the forums besides MTW2 mods until Rome 2 came along. Different strokes, but I still think you might be in the minority (though I don't know this either way with hard data).

It will be interesting to compile all the particularly passionate anti-cut-content and their st eam profiles and see how many own WTW soon after release (given CA doesn't capitulate or even compromise)
    I am curious about this myself.

I for one would like to play this game, but not so much I need to buy it.

Knowing me, I will buy this game eventually. Probably 1 1/2 to 2 years after release when it is on sale bundled with all the DLC.

Of course it would send a better message just not ever purchasing anything from CA/SEGA.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

I'm not interested in WH but I'd consider buying anything TW providing it's outstanding. I like historical games so more likely to buy those but getting tired of cookie cutter games on WARSCAPE.

i do care about franchise thousand(s) of hours later but yes I want games to be better and the business practices to be cleaned up.
    Last edited by Huberto; November 09, 2015 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost, colonel View Post
    Steam is £50 digital download here in the UK, Amazon.uk is £40 disc delivered.
    Sega/CA doesn't set the amazon price, I believe they have a very high degree of control over the steam price. I also imagine they will be making most of their sales through steam.

Quote Originally Posted by twp127 View Post
    And for sure wont get my money until warhammer is finished and cost 10 euros or less including all content(dlc,flc,patches, and whatever they come up with). they simply do not deserve more.
    Check out this picture linked to on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...icture_of_the/

Businesses typically want people to want to buy their products. That's basically the only thing they do care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody0 View Post
    I am curious about this myself.

I for one would like to play this game, but not so much I need to buy it.

Knowing me, I will buy this game eventually. Probably 1 1/2 to 2 years after release when it is on sale bundled with all the DLC.

Of course it would send a better message just not ever purchasing anything from CA/SEGA.
    Maybe not. A reduction in people buying their games would probably lead to them thinking their market is small and they'd probably start increasing the dlc and price to extract more from their smaller customer base. If plenty of people are buying their games on sale and fewer on release, it shows that people just don't agree with their pricing. Or they may just try and stop the sales if they can or offer even less in the base game and 3/4s of it DLC. CA don't really seem too aware or interested in what their customers think.

I'll probably do what you'reproposing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stark_7 View Post
    Businesses typically want people to want to buy their products. That's basically the only thing they do care about.
    people who isn't going to buy your product no matter what? the business should care? why? yea.................
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

people who isn't going to buy your product no matter what? the business should care? why? yea.................
    Those are called the potential market, or potential buyers. They're the individuals interested in the company's products but who won't buy said products for a variety of reasons. The basis of any business is to overcome those reasons to gain those potential buyers.

So yeah, they care

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Shouldn't they be more interested in gaining new buyers than caring about customers who are going to buy the game anyways? Kind of a waste or resources to spend time and effort to convince players who are already convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchyvinnie View Post
    Those are called the potential market, or potential buyers. They're the individuals interested in the company's products but who won't buy said products for a variety of reasons. The basis of any business is to overcome those reasons to gain those potential buyers.

So yeah, they care
    Exactly.

he is not a potential customer. he is never gonna be a customer. care my ass. there is a point of no return and he was it. to reach a bigger market, ca needs to dumb down the game. that is all. you want ca to dumb down the game some more?
    Last edited by craziii; November 11, 2015 at 10:02 PM.
    fear is helluva drug

Let me rephrase my post with a little illustration:

The penetrated market for CA is the number of people that are currently buying TW games. As you can see, it's only a small fraction of the potential consumers a company could potentially reach in absolutely ideal conditions.

Now, some of us here are more interested in buying TW games than others. Some people haven't bought a TW game since med2tw. Others were disappointed in Rome 2 and are unsure wether to trust CA again. But as long as you visit the TWC forum or watch game trailers on youtube, it means you have some interest in TW games and are therefore part of the potential market for CA.

I guess your point is that some of us have been quite disappointed with CA as of late and will be particularly hard to win back, but CA will still care about what we think.

total pc gamer population is about 1-2mil. please don't include total pc population or wow or lol gamers as your typical pc gamer pop. we are talking about pc gamers that buys pc games, have a pc capable of running games like total war, not just play 1 game.

that graph doesn't work for pc games as a product. it might work for games like lol or even wow, it might but I am not holding my breadth. but social games like candy crush or angry birds are perfect examples for your graph. because barrier to entry is non existent with how smart phones have become part of our everyday lives.

my point is the poster I quoted and plenty of others like him on this forum would never be a customer for TW warhammer. no ifs or buts. why would ca care about non customers? they are not potential customers. we are potential customers.
    fear is helluva drug