Thread: [SUBMOD] Tech and upkeep cost changes

thomas_r's Avatar Decanus

Default [SUBMOD] Tech and upkeep cost changes

Training Technology Submod for DEI 1.1

In 1.1 I like the changes on the technologies and especially the diverse Upkeep you got from researching a training technology, Moreover I find these upkeep cost too important.

Thats why I propose (for those who are interested in it) a submod I created.
    I changed most of the technology and tweak some of them to make the game unique between the different faction type (Barbarians, greeks, easterners).

The big points :
    - Upkeep cost for training technologies cut by half (Except for Barbarians who have no training cost at all)
    - Since barbarians have no upkeep cost for their training technologies, I wanted to simulate the difficulty for them to manage cities (So all their philosophy technology have 1 less public order bonus, so instead of +2 or +3 they will have +1 or +2, and they got less tax too from their technology, they will have +2% instead of +3%, and so on ...)
    -Greek/Romans/Carthage : They are the best to recruit and maintain armies but to the contrary of barbarians they have an upkeep cost for their training technology and I make their farming technology weaker by 1 %, so instead of +3 % farming income they will have only 2% (Except Egypt)
    -Easterners : They are a mix of both barbarians and Greeks, they are more disciplined than barbarians BUT not as much as greeks, so they have a better upkeep on their armies than barbarians but not as much as greeks, and As greeks they have to pay for their traning technology (Though compared to greeks and barbarians, in late game easterners could recruit very cheap levy troops)

Ps: I change the technology "Nisean Breeder" for Parthian, because it affected the cost of chariots and since parthian have no chariots, I instead put a stat increase for cavalry.

Recap Upkeep /Recruitment cost of units (If all technologies are researched / If Levies training tech are researched )

Carthage : -17 % recruitment /-16 % Upkeep (Levies -5%) / +1 % everywhere for Rome
    Baktria : -12% upkeep / -16 % recruitment (-8% levies)
    Seleucid / Egypt: -14% upkeep / -15 % recruitment (-7% levies)
    Greeks : -14% upkeep / -15 % recruitment (-5% levies)
    Pontus: -14% upkeep / -15 % recruitment (7% levies)
    Easterners : -9% upkeep / -18 % recruitment (-12% levies)
    Barbarians : -7.5 % Upkeep / -17 % recruitment (-8% levies)

The mod have to be loaded before the 1.1 pack

Feel free to give your opinion

Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/d3...h_changes.pack
    Last edited by thomas_r; November 03, 2015 at 03:26 AM.