Thread: Major City Military Port Consolidation Submod V3 (Intended for 1.1b or future patch campaigns) (Requires New Campaign)

Default Major City Military Port Consolidation Submod V3 (Intended for 1.1b or future patch campaigns) (Requires New Campaign)

*1.1 and 1.1b versions available
    Ivan_Moscavich has stated that some major ports may be changed to large military ports in next patch) (Confirmed in latest patch; those factions are Rome @ Brundisium, Carthage @ Carthage, Ptolemaic Egypt @ Alexandria)

If this submod is not implemented in the main mod for 1.1b, I will edit the startpos and add atleast 1 large military port for any of the major factions with a major port city (Egypt, Rome, Macedon, Carthage, and Seleucids)

I created this submod after Andrew1994 proposed the idea that major military ports for the "civilized" factions didn't really need 2 options. This is even more so evident now since the DEI team for 1.1 has the same units available for the docks buildings chain and military wharf chain w/ artillery exclusive to the latter. So lets get rid of the redundancy.

Here are some pics of what this submod does...

Current DEI 1.1

Brundisium
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Athenai

Current DEI 1.1 w/ submod

Brundisium

Athenai

Things of note to add:
    Military wharf lvl 1 no longer requires a technology and is available at the start of the campaign
    Ballista ships are no longer available for military wharf lvl 1 for balance purposes

I don't intend to update this too much and would prefer if DEI just incorporated it in their fashion to the next patch. As evident from what I did, this is a way to "delete" any vanilla buildings from a building chain without effecting other buildings in the chain you want to keep.

GC only for now atleast; as stated I'd prefer if it got implemented.

Only available on twcenter; not uploading to Steam

V2 uploaded; V1 was giving me some end-turn CTDs when testing various factions. Problem was Carthage still having that dock building so I went ahead and changed the startpos entry.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lnrd907; November 04, 2015 at 08:44 AM.

Default Re: Major City Military Port Consolidation Submod V2 (Intended for 1.1b)

Cool idea! it is save compatible? thx i'm gonna try this

Default Re: Major City Military Port Consolidation Submod V2 (Intended for 1.1b)

Unfortunately no since Carthage starts off with with the dock building. It causes CTD issues. If the player is carthage, changing or dismantling the docks 1st then loading the submod once thats complete should allow it to work unless Rome, Massilia, Athens, Macedon, Seleucid, Cimmeria or Egypt has created a dock aswell since your campaign started.

Ducenarius

excellent work mate

Appreciate it.

The next update to 1.1 will indeed have Brundism, Carthage, and Alexandria start with the level 2 port building: Military Wharf.

This submod is still useful for those who would like it in other faction starting positions as well.

Great mod. Should honestly consolidate the other port buildings too.

Quote Originally Posted by samcoolrunner View Post
    Cool idea! it is save compatible? thx i'm gonna try this
    Now the 1.1b version will be save compatible for campaigns initiated using the 1.1b patch. I will be making another version that gives Macedon and Seleucids a military wharf as well which won't be save compatible due to the startpos edits I would have to do.

Thank's for the update mate

Unfortunately, I keep getting CTDs with this mod.

The only reason you would be getting CTDs is if you are still playing 1.1 and either Carthage, Rome, Macedon, Egypt, Athens, Sardes, Massillia, or Cimmeria had already constructed the docks/shipwright building before you started using this submod. Carthage is the only one that starts with the shipwright building therefore 1.1 version is not save-compatible technically and the reason I put intended for 1.1b in the title. The 1.1 version is save-compatible if you are Carthage, you deleted the shipwright building, and those other factions did not build or start to build a shipwright yet. If you started a campaign since you downloaded 1.1b and are using my 1.1b version you shouldn't be getting CTDs again unless one of those factions are building or start to build a shipwright.

I'll add a requires new campaign tag in the title to make it easier for all.
    Last edited by lnrd907; November 03, 2015 at 10:37 PM.

Default Re: Major City Military Port Consolidation Submod V2 (Intended for 1.1b or future patch campaigns) (Requires New Campaign)

I was getting CTDs with DEI 1.1b and 1.1b of this mod, fresh campaign.

Default Re: Major City Military Port Consolidation Submod V2 (Intended for 1.1b or future patch campaigns) (Requires New Campaign)

Ok, check out V3 and let me know your results.

Default Re: Major City Military Port Consolidation Submod V3 (Intended for 1.1b or future patch campaigns) (Requires New Campaign)

V3 still crashes the game. Would be interested otherwise

Default Re: Major City Military Port Consolidation Submod V3 (Intended for 1.1b or future patch campaigns) (Requires New Campaign)

That's weird, its working fine for me. Which DEI Patch are you using? Is this a new campaign started after you loaded enabled the submod?

using the latest (1.1b). Just started the campaign as Cimmeria. Upon endturn, the crash occured on Carthage's turn. I am also using the all factions playable official mods, but they are lower on my load order.

I can't seem to find info that AFP for DEI was updated yet for 1.1 which means you are using an old startpos and not the 1.1 startpos.