Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 2015 Total War Mod Awards! Nominations OPEN!

Default Re: The 2015 Total War Mod Awards! Nominations OPEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    yeah I'm a little upset but I didn't expect any mods besides Radious, DeI and AE to win anyways. They are just really popular overhauls.
    AE is popular? Awesome! xD I was still under the impression we were quite small, niche and under the radar xD (apart from the Rome 2 mod I guess but I dont count that as AE its more DeI than anything else). In any case of course people want to get awards, they put a lot of effort in and would like to see some payback for what they are doing. Just be thankful any of us get awards, don't know many other game companies that give awards to modders or appreciate them as much (maybe skyrim and such?)...

Also just a huge thanks and support to everyone making overhauls, large mods or even small ones for Attila. The modding community seems to have abandoned Attila and its kinda disconcerting to be working on it almost alone (compared to Rome 2 at least), so thanks and good luck with your mods I'm sure together we can get Attila to be a game the community actually wants to play!
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    Overhauls need to be large, updated regularly and talked about to be popular (in my opinion) and the only true overhauls (according to my standards) that feature that kind of notoriety are Radious or DEI, since both change the campaign and battle mechanics so much they can be considered an overhaul.
    I actually consider DEI to be a Total Conversion to a completely different Genera of strategy game.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

If one asking me about total conversion that its will belong to Imijin Mod from SHOGUN 2, no mod from rome 2 or ATTILLA can match it periodly, not only Sir Uanime5 made the map from SCRATH its work consume lot of time longer that one can expected. Cmon nobody able to put Chinese and Korean map alive. Its possible in Med 2 but not shogun 2, i see no mod can achieve what Uanime did. Another its will belong to either rise of mordor or medieval mods for ATTILLA however since its mod is still underdeveloped i must conclude it out of equation

DEI itself cant be considered as Total Conversion, its equal to mod like Vae Victis,AIO, Radious, complete overhaul is yes, total conversion is no no. Unless they created something truly unique on different time era using entirely new map, then one cay say it is Total Conversion. So far most of Total Conversion mod only exist for Medieval 2 platform, for example Gigantus ROTK , Third Age, Hyrulei,Call of Warhammer, etc etc

I think Ancient Empire for Attila can be considered as Total Conversion, since its bring rome 2 era into Attila engine. Now that what i can call TOTAL CONVERSION !!!
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Junaidi83 de Bodemloze View Post
    Realize mate, when Warhammer is release in couple month, most user will be migrate like cow herd trust me
    Isnīt Warhammer, at least in case of overhaulmods, unmodable?

Itīs a shame that Middle Earth: TW died and that Rise of Mordor: TW isnīt near a release jet... Otherwise they would for sure have been competitors.^^
    Last edited by Don Juan_de_Austria; November 22, 2015 at 12:51 PM.
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

aztec's Avatar Semisalis

where is the results ?

Aztec, you won an award for your lighting/graphical mod. It is strange that CA hasn't posted the results anywhere, but if you go to the CA TW twitter account they have the live stream link to watch.

aztec's Avatar Semisalis

so what is the gift ? ))))

Winners are getting a framed ancient Roman coin, as I understand it. How those will be distributed, I'm not sure.

aztec's Avatar Semisalis

are you sure my mod was won ? I didnt see anything related

I actually was told today that they would be contacting the winners about it today, sometime.

Uh.

Yeah. Spoilers. I got really curious and messaged Darren regarding the topic after I saw the stream... For reasons... That might be related... To my own efforts...

aztec's Avatar Semisalis

can anyone show me what is the winners page . it is not anywhere
    If ABH2
    is true , They should contact me until now

Alright, I just messaged Darren CA. He said he was a little too busy on monday to have time to actually reach us, and for the rest of the week, he will be out of the offices.

As such, it will be a bit longer. Those who have been mentioned as winning in this thread have in fact won, and that isn't changing. There is no need to fear anything.

have i won ? sassanid empire mod

I assume people who are visiting this thread want spoilers.

I assume people who are visiting this thread want spoilers. Also, accidental doublepost. I am sorry.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

RECONSIDER WHETHER OR NOT YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED, THERE WILL BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT VIDEO, EVENTUALLY, FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD.

I believe Champloo won best unit mod, Aztec won graphics, DEI 1.1 won most innovative, and Stainless Steel won legacy.... Tuskmod is the winner in the Overhaul category, with Clovis's mod being an honorable mention if I remember correctly...
    Last edited by Walrusjones; November 28, 2015 at 02:16 AM.

aztec's Avatar Semisalis

so . when announcement ?

There was the stream a little while back, but I don't know when they are going to put out any other form of announcement.

Icon13 Re: The 2015 Total War Mod Awards! Nominations OPEN!

CA, I think the campaign tools are missing. CA, why did you give us a tool that doesn't even work? CA, why do you shut us out on the forums? CA, why did you make .Mitch. give up on the Populous project? CA, why won't you give us the source so we can CONTINUE the project? CA, why do you keep showing us shady business tactics? CA, why do you keep selling us blank DLC like Viking Forefathers? CA, why did you cut Chaos faction from WTW? CA, why do you treat the TW community as a source of corporate slaves? CA, why did you promise us a Siege of Carthage when all we got was another boring siege? CA, why don't you come out with weekly project checks for the community on youtube? CA, why are you even Sega's pet, when you could make a fortune off of crowdfunding? CA, why does it feel pointless trying to talk to you on any kind of forum or social media site?
    I mean seriously CA, get your together. I may follow you to the end of the TW series, but your loyal fans are dropping like flies, especially fans from the modding community. You fed us half-baked DLC and games. Attila's modding tools have more bugs in them than any TW modding tools before them. You keep us in the dark, unless you are sending us trailers to create hype that turns to disappointment. The worst part of all, I feel like I am talking to a wall right now.
    - thanks for ignoring me, a very pissed off modder who isn't listened to, nor going to be listened to

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Hahahahahaha radsix chill my man, your realy made me laugh with all of your comment, nice post i ever see this day :XD
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

It is been like a month and still no announcements about mod winners. Why all things taking forever or slower than past years? Mod award on stream was great idea, but this time wasn't streamed one so this must be done in behind of closed doors because no announcements in forums, facebook or twitter either.
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; December 21, 2015 at 08:40 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast