Thread: Issue istalling the non steam version

Icon4 Issue istalling the non steam version

Herro

I've been trying to install this mod for my non steam version of kingdoms, but during the setup phase I keep getting an error message saying:
    "Source file not found
    C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Install_Hyrule_Total_War.zip\Install Hyrule Total War1.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

This has happened after trying to run the install raw from my downloads folder, and after using 7zip to extract everything to the desktop

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Issue istalling the non steam version

Its been a while, but are you sure you have EVERY file from the install in the same place? I recall there being an external file that is separate from the installer to reduce filesize.

An external file? I don't know about that, but I have the msi and the cab in the same location

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Its been a while, but are you sure you have EVERY file from the install in the same place? I recall there being an external file that is separate from the installer to reduce filesize.
    Does any file need to be changed? He is using the non steam version.
    Because I remember that Steam or TWC buchered the Mods for M2TW with an update a while back.
    And with our Fixes to the new version. The Non Steam M2TW may not be compatible with out some changes.
    Last edited by Eldren; October 27, 2015 at 01:43 PM.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

The cab was what I was thinking of. I assume that means they were in the same location.

Anyway, I don't think this is a steam issue. If he can't install the game, then that's beyond version compatibility. The installer is just supposed to write data.

Have you tried getting a fresh copy of the installer?

I could try re-downloading it. Though I did have TATW with divide and conquer before, but I uninstalled that to avoid conflicts or other issues with HTW

I've actually been having the same issue and have downloaded the game three times now and none of the versions of 3.8 have worked. I've tried using winzip and 7-zip but neither program gets past this message in the install...

"Source file not found: C:\Users\*****~1\AppData\Local\Temp\7zOAFE1.tmp\Install Hyrule Total War1.cab Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

The place in the beginning of the install it stops and gives that message is when it lists, "Updating component registry" so maybe that has something to do with it? I've just not had this many issues installing it before, so am not sure why it is giving me so many problems now.