Thread: [Official Submod] Vanilla City Names

Default [Official Submod] Vanilla City Names

This submod is pretty simple. It reverts my changes to city names in DeI to the vanilla names. With some exceptions. In the newest version, because of the change of the GC to the IA map, I've kept a lot of my changes as-is. Mostly I've reverted changes to famous cities like Syracuse and Carthage, the ones you'll actually notice.

The IA map actually has several misspelled cities in vanilla. This submod fixes those (they're already fixed in the main DeI mod). They are:
    -Mediolanum
    -Moridunon
    -Ariminum
    -Eildon
    -Eblana
    -Octodurus
    -Gabala
    -Baktra
    -Eucratideia

This submod also keeps one change in DeI's WoS map - Aigai is renamed to Pella, to better reflect the time period of the Macedonian Wars.

Download (1.2):
    Mediafire Link
    Steam Workshop Link
    Last edited by Augustusng; June 11, 2017 at 05:10 PM.

Default Re: [Official Submod] Vanilla City Names

I'm using the mod, but is it right that Rome is still called Roma, and Syracuse still called Syrakousai, or am I doing something wrong?

The @_deisubmod_vanillacitynames.png & .pack are in Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data like the rest of the mod, and it's clicked as enabled in the mod manager.

Okay, maybe I do have to update this submod after all. I'll have it done in a day or two.

Right, the updated version for 1.2 is up now in the OP (not on Steam until 1.2 is fully released). It's less vanilla than the old version, mostly because of the change to the IA map. I've decided to keep in my changes to some lesser-known cities (or those that may not even have existed at that point in history). Anyway Syracuse and Carthage and those other famous cities have some more Anglicized/Romanized names.

Updated the Steam version for 1.2.