Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [Support] Post your questions about the supply system here

Default Re: [Support] Post your questions about the supply system here

I have not yet run into such situations in my campaign
    and It will be days before I could continue my campaign so I thought I'd ask it here.

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by BreadBuax View Post
    After reading the supply system manuel,I have to say I don't entirely get it and certain aspects simply not at all.

One of them is the supply line mechanic.
    The Manuel says it must be established ACROSS owned or allied region and MUST originate from the your original faction CAPITOl region or a region with a Supply depot.(from what I understand)

So what is the original Capitol is taken?

So does it mean that even if I'm standing in the middle of an owned empire,if there is no faction Capitol or Region with supply depot within 3 regions I will start foraging in a friendly region?

Or do my army go into buy local supplies/requsition mode or whatever?

Or if it does go into forage mode in a friendly territory,does it consume less supply than in enemy/ neutral territory?

Text could only convey so much,A video explaining the subjects with a lot of examples would be most helpful.
    Another thing that is to explain things with several examples instead of doing it in disconnected vertical sections(supply stock>supply state>supply line>supply units etc)
    You have got some valid points. I am trying my best with the manual, but feedback on it is indeed very welcome from my perspective. I have never recorded a video yet...

Hello I am new to DeI this week and everything appears awesome to me. Thank you for the work.

However, I have found something that looks like a bug. Every time I load a saved game, my regional supply for all province goes back to 180 no matter what they are when I save the game. I have read the supply system manual carefully but I do not think it is designed that way.

My Rome 2 is bought on steam, with only the 6 patches of DeI selected in the mod manager. I am using Bactria, VH/N.

Could you help me to solve this problem?

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by projectcorner View Post
    Hello I am new to DeI this week and everything appears awesome to me. Thank you for the work.
    However, I have found something that looks like a bug. Every time I load a saved game, my regional supply for all province goes back to 180 no matter what they are when I save the game. I have read the supply system manual carefully but I do not think it is designed that way.
    My Rome 2 is bought on steam, with only the 6 patches of DeI selected in the mod manager. I am using Bactria, VH/N.
    Could you help me to solve this problem?
    The lastest beta patch fixed the issue.

I've been away for a while, and now I find this great addition to the mod. Wow.

I've read the manual, and I have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to cut or otherwise harass enemy supply lines? It seems to me that an extended overland supply line would (should?) be in peril if the enemy in one of the regions had superior numbers of light cavalry. Foraging parties as well would be endangered by superior enemy light cavalry.

2. Does an army containing a supply wagon move more slowly?

There's nothing in the manual about this, but the manual is incomplete, so . . .

Thanks for the great mod.

Icon5 Re: [Support] Post your questions about the supply system here

Hey guys,

first of all i have to thank the developers of this amazing mod. superb.

One short question:
    I dont really get the function of this "military logistics" in the game (this global info within politics). what does it affect, how is it calculated.

After reading the supply-manual i thought it works like that:
    - units near to settlements supply themselves trough "local requisitions". Either friendly (open market) or by force (forced market).
    If this is this the case they are NOT connected to the (military) supply network. Right?
    That means for me, that those armies do not raise the food/upkeep-costs which are paid for military logistics?

But in my games this last part seems not to work like that.
    for example: I have 3 armies with rome. When i hover the mouse over "military logistics" i have to pay 3 food, one for each of my armies i suggest. And it doesnt matter if they are in the near of (own) settlements or far away at the borders of my province. There is no change.
    I thought i can lower my food-consumption trough military logistics when i station my armies near to settlements. but there seems to be no difference in logistic-costs.

Can anybody explain how the food-costs inside "military logistics" are calculated? I think i simply misunderstood the mechanics. But would be nice if anybody could explain me the system in his own words.

Thank you and sorry for my english, hope its understandable though.
    Pico

I am fairly certain that its an overall cost for the amount of armies you have. It is separate from the supply usage of an army, which is dependent on the specific circumstances of that army. Since the food system in Rome 2 is mostly global, its one of the only ways to tie it with supply.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Libertus

I did not understand this point
    Furthermore, regions on the supply line must be eligible, otherwise the supply route is blocked. Eligibility is determined by multiple factors including:
    Region containing the strategic depot not out of local supplies.
    however, doing a summary:
    - Armies / fleets consume foods even if they are still in a region and we must ensure that the region can sustain them and how old, exhausted the resources necessary to move the army
    - Build buildings that increase the production to support armies and shorten the supply lines to the frontiers
    - There are units noncombatants to join armies / fleets to supply them with furnished and have modern but have a limit of years of autonomy after the units wear out
    Question: how to supply the fueling units? just bring the army / navy in the city / port with dedicated esifici although allies?

I have a request. Is there a way I can get instructions on how to mod the supply system to bump supply range by 1 for operational depots and farms?

i.e so that strategic depots have a range of 3, operational 2 and farms 1 (farms being able to provide to adjacent regions)?

thomas_r's Avatar Decanus

@Litharion : Arent nomadic armies "immunised" of "out of supply attrition" ?
    I'm playing a mutliplayer campaign as Massagetae, and I had this : http://imgur.com/a/7ba6x

The region is totally desolated (Thanks AI) so my troops went "out of supplies" and for go back to home I loose almost entirely that army...

I know that barbarian armies cant be immune to attrition if there is no supplies in desert region but its not the case for other regions right ?
    Maybe you changed something ? (Right now im really struggling to survive in recently conquered territory since I dont have supply lines like other greeks)

I read through the manual and tried searching but a lot to go through and the manual was straight forward enough. I never play nomad because well because they just don't stack up against any other faction but I figured lets see what I can do this time. First time with supply system and nomads and well I seem to be missing something. Had the encampment supply icon so plenty of supplies in the region, a baggage train in the army, and positive global food not that this should matter with nomads. Region owned by me. My army just kept getting desertions each turn thus killing my army. What is required in order for nomad armies to consider themselves fed and actually heal back to full strength? what status, stat, or mechanic am I missing.

Thanks
    latest Steam version of DeI, no other mods

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

I dont think we have adressed the problem with the nomads yet. Litharion have been taking a well deserved vacation.
    My guess is that we would most likely just need to change some values for them.

Thanks Flash. As long as it is a known thing and I am not crazy all is good.

Hello I have a question about the unit some units have deleted from Parthia elephand units and camelcatafract i want to know why?

This is not the thread for that question, this is for the supply system.

If you mean "deleted" as in they were in vanilla, pretty much every unit roster has been redone by DeI. So there are many vanilla units that are not in DeI.

Going to unsticky this thread I think since most of the supply issues have been resolved (the latest bugs are fixed in the PoR submod and will be also in 1.2).

Thnx for your answer pls give me the threds link that i can question about units .��becouse there is animal stable in the game for parthia

without any unit?!!

Thnx for your answer pls give me the threds link that i can question about units .😁becouse there is animal stable in the game for parthia

without any unit?!!

I am confused as to your question. If you mean the exotic stables line, there may only be a few units in that whole line for some factions.

Thanks Dresden I love del mood and I playing rome with this mood but I think this mood based on history if so I don't understand why del removed some heavy units like elephands and camelcatafract from parhia its make a lot of problem when im playing as Parthia for example rserching animal trade is just wasting time also parthian capcured alot of elephant from Seleucid and they used them in battles I very thankful if you solve this problem

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

In mod time period Parthia did not use elephants or camels, not to mention camel cataphracts. Camels were only used as beasts of burden.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod