Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rome: Total War - Zombie Mod

Default Re: Rome: Total War - Zombie Mod

Hint:
    all spoilers in this post worth reading!

Before the Start

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The team of Zombie Mod has to thank the team of Diadochi: Total War (DTW) [RedFox, Spartan, Unda and other good guys] for giving the permission to use the materials of their mod. Zombie mod is based on the DTW mod but still is an independent mod-foldered submod for Rome Total War.

The Seed
    Have you ever wondered why the majority of popular games do have some sort of zombie mod for them (Counter-Strike Zombie Mod, TES4: Oblivion 28 days later and so on) and when it comes to everyone's favorite Rome: Total War, Google faints and has nothing sensible to respond to the request Rome Total War Zombie Mod? It is high time to deal with this problem!

We have created a vision of the zombie Apocalypse on the RTW engine in the ancient period (ye! the Greeks, the Carthaginians and the barbarians against zombies!), some good mechanism for the spreading of the zombie-virus, infecting and destroying mankind [not just to add a zombie faction that will be able hire zombies].

The Zombie Apocalypse is "same as usual" that means that zombies are stupid-infected-undead brain-eaters (as in "The Walking Dead" series).
    Zombie Mod Team
    500xhp (programmer, game modder), iamalexkorotin@gmail.com
    Kaimar Laiva (great desiger), kaimarlaiva@gmail.com http://www.kaimarlaiva.com
    Blastoise Groudon (awesome artist), blastoisegroudon@gmail.com

General Mod Information
    Mod name: Rome: Total War - Zombie Mod
    Language: English
    Current status: Beta version released, development terminated
    Platform: ALX 1.9
    Type: Horror
    Mod-foldered: Yes! (folder name ZombieMod)
    Map/region: the Mediterranian and Seleucid Empire area
    Era: ​3 century BC, Wars of the Diadochi

Campaign map
    Playable factions list

Main Features
    Quicklist
    1) Playable zombie faction with special mechanism of infection spreading!
    2) Edited game interface to play 1920x1080 resolution, WIDESCREEN ONLY!
    3) Totally new HD Rome II styled in-game menu!
    4) Good music compilation!
    Main Menu Screenshots
    Oh my god, is this truly Rome I?

Loading screens & Wallpapers
    1920x1080

Cinematic battle screenshots
    A little bit photoshoped

Realistic Screenshots
    From Campaign & Battle

Gameplay guide
    What is this mod about?
    You really need to read this helpful article

Links, Installation, How to play
    All installation information is located in this article
    Download the Beta version of the Zombie mod from

Information for translators
    We do not recommend to translate the mod to some other languages until we release the post-beta full version (because a lot of things may change in it). In any case, if you want to translate the mod -- translate everything EXCEPT CITY/REGION NAMES! They should be as they are, otherwise the game script will not work!!!

The devolopment of the mod is terminated.
    Last edited by 500xhp; September 11, 2016 at 07:23 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Hey everyone,

I hope you all enjoy this mod. I really enjoyed helping with this mod and I hope you like everything we put into it. Please come by and give it a try, it is an amazing mod for Rome 1.

Hi Zombie Mod-Team,

I'm downlaoding it now and i'll give it a try within the next few days. I'm very curious about how the zombie virus is spread in the ancient world and which aftermaths it will have for my personal kind of play. And of course the era of the Diadochi is my favourite. The Diadochi against Zombies... this will be Total War!

Greets, Mag

Indefinitely Banned

Thanks for your support Mag!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

So will test this at the end of the month when I get some spare time

"Veni, Vidi, Cenavi"

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

It's a spectacular project. Great job!

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Great mod, but there are "battlofield" leftovers in the path of several files.
    Had to rename descr_geography and descr_geography_DB to make the battles works
    But the virus idea and implementation is quite original
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Really good looking mod! I will definitely download this piece of art in the near future!

Nice, nice, nice))))

Indefinitely Banned

Thanks for all of your support everyone. We hope you keep supporting us and hope you guys enjoy the mod.

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

If you haven't found a way yet to slow the zombies down, you could use the fatigue system of the RTR Project, give them very high heat values and no hardy or very hardy attributes, as a result they'll get exhausted almost instantly after the start of a battle and also give them slow skeletons. This will reduce their speed by slightly more than half, while non-zombie units will almost never get exhausted. I will also offer you our environment after I finished it. You can use our enlarged version of the RTH map too when it's finished, but this would require to redo the map_regions file and reposition of resources, armies, agents, e.t.c. Eventually you could cut the top of the map.

midnite's Avatar Citizen

A suggestion - possibly change the map from countries or provinces to individual cities, villages and towns. Add ambush points in each village where zombie hordes wait to ambush passing armies. I once thought of doing a mod like this too! I was thinking of a mod where the whole map might only be 2 or 3 villages or towns. The scale of the armies would be small, perhaps only 100 to 200 soldiers each. The zombie hordes could number up to a thousand zombies. Just some ideas. Good job!!!!!
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Hi there! I Love the idea of this mod, so i decided to play it! But im having problems getting this mod to work, the mod version on here currently works (the one without the Rome 2 Style Menu) and i like it, but i tried to download the one on MobDB and had some problems, i own the STEAM Version of Rome Total War, but i have no problem copying files to other places to get this mod to work. One complaint i have with this mod is that i cannot edit unit size, my pc isnt very beefy so i might have problems doing big battles, but anyways here is what happens, The mod loads just fine, i see the menu and it looks to be alright, i goto custom battles and set my options, i pick syrian flats, the game loads... and then i get an Error killing my game it says, Generic Error Failed to find texture 'data/terrain/battolfield/rocky_desert/summer/oz_rockydesert_summer_rock.tga'. Ok, now, i didnt mistype battlefield, it legit came up like that. so i tried renaming the REGULAR Rome total war battlefield files to battolfield, same with the ALX total war and even within the mod (i copied some files into the mod, like the ALX terrain folder), to see if it would work, no dice. I Tried replacing the l in battlolfield with I but still nothing. So i need some help, Thanks!

EDIT: I tried other maps, same problem expect different textures, they all lead to battolfield.

EDIT: I tried renaming the ALX RTW descr_geography to descr_geography_DB Didn't work

The problem with battolfield folder that usually appears is because you install the game wrong on steam. Try this guide [Steam]

1) Unpack the ZM archive to RTW alexander folder
    2) Unpack the archive again to some folder. Copy the data folder from the unpacked archive to main RTW folder (not alexander).
    3) Now go to RTW alexander steam launch options. Add there -mod:zombiemod -ne

I do not use Steam RTW so I am not sure this guide is right

Thanks 500xhp! It works! Im so glad i can finally try this mod, im not sure why this mod uses rome total war and not alx, cause i think the steam version of alx can be a standalone game. But no worries, i can just rename my data folders so when i want to play the mod. I have a one question. Will this mod ever be multiplayer? I have tried other mods like Rise of Persia multiplayer and it doesn't work, but i think ive seen it been done before, cause this mod would be awesome multiplayer. But other than that yeah, i love it. I like the Rome 2 Style Menu, is just that i cannot edit unit size in the options menu, is there any other way? But anyways, Thanks!

hessia78's Avatar Libertus

I wonder if there should a faction of Egyptian Mummies who had come back from the dead to save Egypt from the zombies and reclaim it from the Ptolemaic dynasty.

wow look so promising!!!
    My name is John, Tribune of Legio Ripenses IX Tertiae Italica and loyal servant to the computer generated Emperor, Julianus Flavius Augustus "The Apostles". And I will have my vengeance again The Quadi tribes, barbarian scums who decimated half of my legio in Mediolanum City Siege almost a year ago and Gratianus Flavius "The Traitor", the former Caesar who convince a half of precious my legio to his petty scheme rebellion just 3 months ago in this save game or the next
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Johnadiw26 View Post
    wow look so promising!!!

Thanks for the comment.