Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast

Thread: Old feedback thread (Closed)

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.1

2 Things:

- Rebellions: A neutral/allied army will travel from surrounding regions to defeat the newly arisen rebels in your territory irrespective of having Military Access. There are times when you want the Rebellion to happen to balance out the public order. Not to mention the supplies these supposed uninvited savior armies consume. So it would be better if only YOUR ALLIES can help you out in Rebellions ONLY IF you have MILITARY ACCESS.

- Enemy Army Composition: At the start of the campaign when I can barely afford 2 full stacks the armies, the enemies will have 2 or more stacks of their own with the problem that they will have like 6 units of Noble Type Tier 3 sword/spear/cav units. I have my 4 Hastatis (Late Period swords) on the front line and they have some kind of late game units against me that have stats better than even my Principes and even Triarii. It would be better if they get access to these Noble/Late game type units a bit later on in the game OR they have it limited to 2 or 3 per stack.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ma_251; February 02, 2016 at 03:36 AM.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by ma_251 View Post
    2 Things:

- Enemy Army Composition: At the start of the campaign when I can barely afford 2 full stacks the armies, the enemies will have 2 or more stacks of their own with the problem that they will have like 6 units of Noble Type Tier 3 sword/spear/cav units. I have my 4 Hastatis (Late Period swords) on the front line and they have some kind of late game units against me that have stats better than even my Principes and even Triarii. It would be better if they get access to these Noble/Late game type units a bit later on in the game OR they have it limited to 2 or 3 per stack.

Thanks.
    The AI recieves a bonus to their income (varies depending on the faction) to allow the AI to actually pose a challenge and survive. The higher the campaign difficulty the higher these bonuses are. If you find it too difficult, lower the campaign difficulty.
    As for their army composition. The AI does not have access to late (reform) units before the global reforms trigger but we have moved most units down to lower tier barracks in order for the AI to recruit more elite units. The problem with the AI is that they do not disband and replace low tier units with high tier units once these become available to them. Therefore we have lowered the requirements for certain high tier units to create a more dynamic and challenging AI.
    We do not feel there should be any limitations to certain units as the player can easily surpass this and the AI is generally controlled by the army templates we created for them.
    If what you are reporting is actually happening (and I dont believe that you lie), I fear that you may have some kind of bug/mod conflict which changes this.
    My suggestions to you are these:

1. Lower the campaign difficulty and thereby lowering the income bonus for the AI
    2. Lower the battle difficulty if you find the AI's troops to be highly overpowered
    3. Make sure that you dont have any mod conflicts
    4. Post images supporting these observations especially since I havent seen any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    The AI recieves a bonus to their income (varies depending on the faction) to allow the AI to actually pose a challenge and survive. The higher the campaign difficulty the higher these bonuses are. If you find it too difficult, lower the campaign difficulty.
    As for their army composition. The AI does not have access to late (reform) units before the global reforms trigger but we have moved most units down to lower tier barracks in order for the AI to recruit more elite units. The problem with the AI is that they do not disband and replace low tier units with high tier units once these become available to them. Therefore we have lowered the requirements for certain high tier units to create a more dynamic and challenging AI.
    We do not feel there should be any limitations to certain units as the player can easily surpass this and the AI is generally controlled by the army templates we created for them.
    If what you are reporting is actually happening (and I dont believe that you lie), I fear that you may have some kind of bug/mod conflict which changes this.
    My suggestions to you are these:

1. Lower the campaign difficulty and thereby lowering the income bonus for the AI
    2. Lower the battle difficulty if you find the AI's troops to be highly overpowered
    3. Make sure that you dont have any mod conflicts
    4. Post images supporting these observations especially since I havent seen any of this.

Well I cant post the images now because I have a habit of deleting old saves but just in my recent Rome campaign, around the turns 50-60, the tribe, I believe it was Veneti (?) (the ones whos home is Patavium), at one point fielded 6 units of their Noble tier swords and 6 Noble tier spears. You know what? forget this issue till I encounter this problem again. I will take a screen shot. Because I think problem lies with templates of this particular faction as some other armies I see are not so OP, but this faction (that starts in Patavium) had this particular template.

Moving on, what about the issue of neutral factions trespassing in your territory just to kill a freshly spawned rebel army? They shouldnt unless they are military/defensive allies or have military access.
    Last edited by ma_251; February 02, 2016 at 07:52 AM.

If that is indeed the case then yes, we might need to take another look at the army templates especially for the non playable factions. None of the mods you listed should cause any problems AFAIK.
    The issue concerning the supply system should have been answered or mentioned in the thread regarding the Supply System.

Hi folks, long time not seen
    Quick question to the devs, do you know if this mod could collide with DeI?
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=612617154

It changes the stat displayed (it does not change the stats themselves).
    I´ve always wanted to be capable of seing accuracy, and speed!

Cheers

If it only changes the priority of the stats it shouldnt conflict with anything in DeI AFAIK.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Accuracy is totaly useless stat to display as actual accuracy is composed of dozens different values and not the one that would be displayed (that one would be the most unimportant of all values that compose total accuracy).
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

May I ask....why are the hoplites so separated between them when in "phalanx formation" ?

Patrician

They would constantly glitch and perform ice skating, while formation would not be in straight line otherwise.

Hoplite phalanx wasn't a perfect line all straight.Even so vanilla hoplites are not with the bugs you mentioned and I also hate them.
    Wait to see our hoplite phalanx formation

Patrician

It is not that they should be in perfect line, but indovidual soldiers would be standing even almost entire row ahead. If you played DeI before 1.1 release you should know how it looks like.

The veneti recruitment issue may be because of their small roster size. The template will call for "x number of heavy troops" and all they happened to have is tier 3 elite troops to fit the bill.

I'm hoping we can redo a lot of the ai templates for more historical accuracy/player challenge, but that is a lot of work and there is already a bunch on the table for 1.2.

Dont touch Veneti people, im playing with Rome in VH campaign and Normal battle diff and i beat them so easily. Just play deffensive, build up your economy, play the diplomacy game, and then them up

So, I'm still playing around with this mod and trying different factions, and I've really been enjoying it!

However, one thing I've noticed is that Rome almost always conquers all of Epirus by turn 16 or so, which results in very early Roman involvement in Greece, often before they've fought Carthage at all. In my brief Antigonid campaign, Pyrrhus also abandoned Greece and set sail for Italy, where he was promptly thrashed, followed by a rapid Roman invasion that conquered most of Macedon.

I'd recommend having Rome and Epirus start at peace to avoid this mutual this distraction. Just a thought

Rome and Epirus do start as peace as far as I know.

A complaint about an expanding Rome is actually a good thing

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

And we have reports of Epirus conquering greece and expanding far into the middle east so you experiencing Rome beating Epirus early is not the only scenario possible

Epirus has always done well in my campaigns, actually. They usually dominate.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Issue with the battles which was present before but now seems to be only worse...

Basically, missile units are absolutely useless against -anyone- and the only thing that's capable of inflicting casualties = cavalry. I've had battles where out of curiosity, after massacring the enemy cav, I kept mine back and just watched the two lines of melee infantry. like 4k vs 5k, one big line. After 20 minutes, casualties? less than 50 man in total... this was done on normal difficulty battles. Rome vs Carthage, rome vs. Arveni, syracuse vs greece, all the same. I really want to love the mod and I do everything pretty much except the battles, it just feels so unrealistic to have a unit of archers empty their quivers (literally) into the back of an enemy unit and not take down a single person, or for a swordsman charge into the flank of a lightly armoured slinger unit to take down 0 on the initial minute and 20-30 after 2-3 minutes at the -most-.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Rome and Epirus do start as peace as far as I know.

A complaint about an expanding Rome is actually a good thing
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    And we have reports of Epirus conquering greece and expanding far into the middle east so you experiencing Rome beating Epirus early is not the only scenario possible
    Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Epirus has always done well in my campaigns, actually. They usually dominate.
    Thanks for the replies! As I said, I've only started a few campaigns, and this was just my initial impression. I look forward to seeing Epirus conquer the world in a future playthrough

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by stwn View Post
    Issue with the battles which was present before but now seems to be only worse...

Basically, missile units are absolutely useless against -anyone- and the only thing that's capable of inflicting casualties = cavalry. I've had battles where out of curiosity, after massacring the enemy cav, I kept mine back and just watched the two lines of melee infantry. like 4k vs 5k, one big line. After 20 minutes, casualties? less than 50 man in total... this was done on normal difficulty battles. Rome vs Carthage, rome vs. Arveni, syracuse vs greece, all the same. I really want to love the mod and I do everything pretty much except the battles, it just feels so unrealistic to have a unit of archers empty their quivers (literally) into the back of an enemy unit and not take down a single person, or for a swordsman charge into the flank of a lightly armoured slinger unit to take down 0 on the initial minute and 20-30 after 2-3 minutes at the -most-.
    Sounds like you use submods like Ancient Empires, because that is not DeI what you describe. Even worst of all skirmisher units will take down at least few guys from best infantry unit if fireing at their backs, but even frontally they will take some guys down. Also in you infantry clash, they would be probably 100-200 guys dead just from initial infantry charges and combat would be long ended after 20 minutes because there would be no one standing.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; February 05, 2016 at 11:18 AM.