Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Old feedback thread (Closed)

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.1

Garrisons indeed perform strangely with reform restrictions. Perhaps we can change the way they look so its not so imperial.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I'd would like to see more matched combat, if thats possible, in particular spear vs spear combat. Without fight animations the battles feel not very realistic :/

Video:https://youtu.be/fcO9BoGlvBE

Last edited by JanBob; March 24, 2016 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleKalamaar View Post
    A fes things I noticed while playing

Greek garissoned hoplites have less armor (25) than militia hoplites (at least for Arche Bosphorus) (35) while their 3D models clearly show the first wear linothoraxes and the latter wear tuniques

Syracusean heavy peltasts have the same armor rating (35) as regular peltasts, however their description states that they are 'unusually well armored'. I don't know if this is intended
    Giving the heavy peltasts more armor in the current system would make them too effective. Even just bumping it up by five.

If you notice, heavy peltasts have around 7 more melee defense than normal peltasts though.

This may change with KAM's new battle rebalance where I believe he stated on a change to armor levels again.

As for the greek garrisoned hoplite, that may be because hoplite formation (the ability) used to give a plus to armor. Now that it doesn't anymore, a few hoplite units may need to be revisted in the stat department.

Hey DeI team, I have no idea if this has been requested yet.

How about Cyrenaica as a playable faction?
    Their position seems very interesting to me aswell as their history
    "Born to late to explore the Earth
    Born to early to explore the Cosmos
    The human mind is our Frontier
    Religion is the ocean we must cross
    "

Could you tell me if this mod fix issue with disappearing events and dilemmas in mid-late game?

Didn't know that was an issue?

I had that problem in my roman playthrough, then I tried to find some solution but except a lot of topics which described similiar problem I didn't find anything useful. So I hoped that maybe this mod fix that bug but apparently it is not that common as I thought

Hmm, I can look into it. We haven't really done anything with politics yet (probably going to do that for 1.2).

Good evening.

Here is my feedback about one of the things I noticed in one of my last campaign.

I was playing a campaign with Rome (Battle in normal / Campaign Very Hard) recently where I decided to invade the British Isles, moved two legions by land, crossing the Galia and landed near Camulodunum. I lost 1/3 of my troops because of attrition (I lost the supply line) and not long after I found myself fighting on two fronts against the Iceni and Dumoni.

I was supposed to have been destroyed, but I had 8 Gastraphetes units in my hosts (four Legion) and thanks to them I managed to destroy the enemy, even outnumbered and without supply line. It was then that I began to find that Gastraphetes were a bit OP.

I won a siege without attacking the walls, only shooting at the enemies on the battlements to win (Gastraphetes are siege units so nothing wrong there).

The problem at this in field battles, they shoot fast and do a good job damage, so I can hold the enemy easily with my troops and make a killbox and eliminate almost everyone with them, I even use them in a kind of hammer maneuver and anvil against opponents and works well (most of the time I'm shooting from far away, hitting the enemy in the back or flank).

As I was winning battles and units earned XP the damage naturally increased (+ 300 to 400 deaths per unit) and decimating 1/3 of enemies using them.

I changed the Mod file to test the unit in a more controlled environment in a custom battle, and the result is that the image, using a single army of Gastraphetes I almost won against both armies (B and C) and an army most common and low level units I managed to win with them in support.

When I think of taking a catapult to a campaign I see two problems: I lose mobility and have less useful troops in the field in a pitched battle, but the way the Gastraphetes are, I can use them in place of the catapult or velites throughout the entire campaign .

Maybe it's my head, or the fact that the unit is correct historically, but it seems OP.

Their two drawbacks are they fire more slowly than other ranged units and they can not damage walls. Other than that they are very powerful units.

I suppose you could also consider their limited availability (only two cities, Syracuse and lilybaem) a drawback as well and perhaps the high price for a ranged unit. One of the most expensive I believe.

They are certainly very effective troops, but I believe the existing drawbacks are enough to keep them with the balanced territory.

It still seems very easy to conquer large cities and move on without fear of revolt. I watched some of Heirofcarthage's YouTube play-through and he was able to capture Neapolis, Roma and then Arretium and Ariminum practically on consecutive turns without leaving garrisons in the conquered cities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqDuHcjjCWc

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by MrMerisi View Post
    It still seems very easy to conquer large cities and move on without fear of revolt. I watched some of Heirofcarthage's YouTube play-through and he was able to capture Neapolis, Roma and then Arretium and Ariminum practically on consecutive turns without leaving garrisons in the conquered cities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqDuHcjjCWc
    But is he still using whatever version we had released in May 2015? That is at least the time he seems to have downloaded the version of the mod for his campaign.
    Im not saying that this will have a great impact on how easy it is to steamroll through a campaign. This has always been one of the drawbacks in Rome 2. Though I wouldnt say it is extremely easy as we try with different methods to minimize steamrolling, its not something that is easily avoided. We could introduce major penalties for when caputuring a city but some player dislike the artificial ways of doing this as these penalties cannot be applied to the AI. Otherwise the AI wont stand a chance (and they rarely do anyway).

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

He also used tons of submods to speed up the campaign and make it easier, otherwise the series would take too long.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

And 1.1 added fixes for that, and 1.15 will add a ton for that

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Moscavich View Post
    Their two drawbacks are they fire more slowly than other ranged units and they can not damage walls. Other than that they are very powerful units.

I suppose you could also consider their limited availability (only two cities, Syracuse and lilybaem) a drawback as well and perhaps the high price for a ranged unit. One of the most expensive I believe.

They are certainly very effective troops, but I believe the existing drawbacks are enough to keep them with the balanced territory.

Thanks for your time and response.

Thank you for explaining a bit about the balance of the units in mod and a bit of the relationship between Gastraphetes and catapults.

It's complicated, I am aware that as a human being and I end up making decisions that A.I could not do, and exploring some tactics making the game becomes easier than the team originally like. And at this point it is my fault, because I end up ruining my experience uhauahuah.

So in my campaign when I recruited the first Gastraphetes unit was really rewarding. And use them to create unorthodox armies was also nice (and the fact that they are effective saved me). and this is part of the experience of playing the modified game: finding what each unit has to offer.

I hope I have not sounded rude, here or in the previous post.
    So thank you again for the answer and have a good day sir!

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    He also used tons of submods to speed up the campaign and make it easier, otherwise the series would take too long.
    Kind of defeats the purpose of doing a video about a mod that prides itself on more realism! Perhaps editing would be an approach.

I look forward to playing the mod when this arrives for my Mac: https://bizon-tech.com/us/bizonbox2-egpu.html/

Wow! You've really refreshed this game for replay-ability. Some feedback based on my most recent campaign:

I attempted several campaigns on normal as Macedonia, and failed pretty quick. However, on my last campaign, I experienced a "steam-rolling" affect of killing my enemies a bit too quick around turn 90. Feeling I should quit now at turn 114.

- I broke alliances with Athens, Sparta and Ardiae and am still "dependable". Granted most don't like me, but nobody is attacking me either. Seems like expansion penalty and broken treaties penalties should be higher...
    - I feel too rich exploited by the ability to focus on governing and upgrade resources and settlements.

The difficulty I see in raising the difficulty is i would have to "lose" about 10 campaigns before I succeed in reaching a sustainable game...

Thanks for you hard work!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	727.6 KB 
ID:	336002Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	670.9 KB 
ID:	336003

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Hmm, I can look into it. We haven't really done anything with politics yet (probably going to do that for 1.2).
    It would be great if you could do that, and even make some standalone fix if it possible. After 50-70 turns every kind of events (except political - assasinations, adoptions etc.) disappear. It completely ruins fun from the game.

It probably has been discussed before, but I couldn't really find something in the quick search I did,

I feel like the patrol stance should have a movement points requirement like the other stances. Right now nothing stops me from using it at the end of every turn in order to reduce upkeep, when moving armies trough save provinces.

Also I don't know if introducing a movement requirement would fix this, but you are able to use it inside of a city. If you enter the stance right outside, you can move the army into the city, which gives you the bonuses of being on patrol as well as being garrisoned.

Of course it's always up to the player if he wants to use this exploit or not, but this can also introduce some unintentional bugs.

I once wanted to move an army that was patrolling right outside a city out into the sea, but i forgot to take them out of their stance before clicking. It caused them to move through the city and out of the port while still being in the stance. But then as a fleet it got stuck in a stance that shouldn't be available to them. Even after bringing them back to land, they couldn't exit it.

Affe your right! And indeed thats an issue! We had it disscused previously but as far as I can remember it isn't modable because the patrol stance uses the old forced march stance! Don't ask me for any details but sadly we seem to have to live with current

state. Just remember to check army stances before doing anything to that army even if its just like exchanging generals/units Though that particular issue has been solved by now!