Page 1 of 47 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Old feedback thread (Closed)

Default Old feedback thread (Closed)

Please leave your impressions and critiques of the current mod version here.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 05, 2017 at 11:07 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Feedback] Impressions, Critiques and Requests for 1.1

Hey Dresden, more of a question really. I am playing the Hannibal at the Gates Campaign with Rome (running DeI 1.1 with 4TPY, no PO garrison, reduced upkeep, and sack/liberate submods) and I am starting with an income of -1111. Is this supposed to happen? I can't tell if something is wrong or if the starting income is supposed to be negative. Thanks!

Tuhaj bej's Avatar Libertus

Excellent work! Many thanks to the drafting supply system.

I gotta say I am super impressed by your work on the latest release! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by falxguy View Post
    Hey Dresden, more of a question really. I am playing the Hannibal at the Gates Campaign with Rome (running DeI 1.1 with 4TPY, no PO garrison, reduced upkeep, and sack/liberate submods) and I am starting with an income of -1111. Is this supposed to happen? I can't tell if something is wrong or if the starting income is supposed to be negative. Thanks!
    Make sure the submods have been updated for 1.1. They might be overwriting something important. Are you playing HatG in 4TPY? I didn't know we had a submod for that...

Actually, you may need to disband some of Rome's starting units in HatG. Although I thought I had fixed that earlier in terms of their starting income.

Pikes are fairly useless since the enemy is able to breach them early on. Is this intentional?

Not sure if this will become feedback or not but is it normal for the campaign to take almost 5 mins to load? Not seen such a slow load before and have been playing TW since 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Denco View Post
    Pikes are fairly useless since the enemy is able to breach them early on. Is this intentional?
    KAM could answer this better but he did outline his vision for pikes and their limitation in his battle preview video.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouchi Numbnuts View Post
    Not sure if this will become feedback or not but is it normal for the campaign to take almost 5 mins to load? Not seen such a slow load before and have been playing TW since 2001.
    Load times are actually improved in 1.1. For me it takes less than a minute but I am using a SSD. For most HDD users it takes a bit over that. 5 minutes sounds extreme, but it could be based on your system specs.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Denco View Post
    They are not useless, they are in fact stronger the hoplites. I am a bit tired answering the same question sometimes more then once a day, for further details head for battle preview video where I explained why they must be breachable. Nothing personal, but I thought I was mentioned so many times, people will understand how it works.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Hi, not sure if this is a bug or just stupidity on my part but I can't seem to find the Pergamon faction as a choice either for the campaign or for custom battles. I'm currently on the steam version.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckiest View Post
    Hi, not sure if this is a bug or just stupidity on my part but I can't seem to find the Pergamon faction as a choice either for the campaign or for custom battles. I'm currently on the steam version.
    You need the Black Sea Colonies DLC to play as Pergamon.

Patrician

You need to own a DLC that unlocks them.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    They are not useless, they are in fact stronger the hoplites. I am a bit tired answering the same question sometimes more then once a day, for further details head for battle preview video where I explained why they must be breachable. Nothing personal, but I thought I was mentioned so many times, people will understand how it works.
    No worries mate, I can understand your frustration. I'll have a look in your battle preview video.

Patrician

If you will have any more questions after watching the video then of course ask here

Does depleted supplies damage farm biuldings? I've snatched Venetia right before Dalmatae as Rome. They are neutral to me without acces rights but stays here since lands switched ownership and fight rebels every two turns. Now I'm possitive in terms of PO bot they doesn't mind moving. Since many turns they depleted their supplies and are in foraging stance. My farms got heavly damaged without any popup about natural disaster and doesn't seem to be repaired over time. I think I rebuilt them once and next turn they were damaged again. If it's caused by supply scripts, I've no idea what to do to force those hungry ilirians out of my land.

Hi, first of all I love the 1.1 so far...everything is working great - campaign, battles and AI. Massive improvement in every area! Bravo! So everything in this post is nitpicking - feel free to ignore it haha

I have a couple of minor notes/questions about some of the Hellenistic/Successor units. (BTW, this is based off of playing the Seleucids but I think it can apply to all of them)

1) What’s the point of having so many generic Hellenic units? Wouldn’t it make more sense to streamline all of the rosters and only include faction specific units? For example, now that each unit has be moved down a tier - which I have been wishing for a long time - Thank you - why would anyone recruit a generic Pike Phalanx when they have access to White Shield Pikemen? If a player is struggling for funds, then they should recruit Kleruchoi Pikemen. In other words, I would scrap the generic levy pikemen, Phalangitai and thorax pikemen. They just seem boring and ahistorical. Also, it isn’t very fun when you are fighting a Successor Kingdom and they just keep sending stacks of generic units for you to crush. And I would also argue that the same can be said of the generic hoplites, thorax hoplites for the Greek city-states. You guys already have unique hoplite and elite/thorax hoplites for each of the city-states - why even include the generic units?

2) Why are some of the elite pike units - specifically, the Silver Shields for the Seleucids - tied to reforms? I like that you moved the elite tier units down to the Tier III barracks but I can’t seem to access the Silver Shields? Are they tied to the thorax reforms? If so, that seems really weird, seems they were probably the oldest formation in the Seleucid army. Same goes for the other elite pike units (Foot Companions, Royal Ptolemaic Phalanx etc.). If anything I think that the only pike unit that should be tied to the reforms are the Bronze Shields. My understanding is that the Bronze Shield units were a somewhat later development (or at least they are mentioned in later sources). Maybe you could make it so the White Shield pikes upgrade to the Bronze Shields after one of the reforms???

I hope that makes sense...basically, I think the mod would be much more immersive, interesting and historically accurate if you got rid of the generic units (especially among the Greeks/Successors) and streamlined the rosters.

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Soontir View Post
    Does depleted supplies damage farm biuldings? I've snatched Venetia right before Dalmatae as Rome. They are neutral to me without acces rights but stays here since lands switched ownership and fight rebels every two turns. Now I'm possitive in terms of PO bot they doesn't mind moving. Since many turns they depleted their supplies and are in foraging stance. My farms got heavly damaged without any popup about natural disaster and doesn't seem to be repaired over time. I think I rebuilt them once and next turn they were damaged again. If it's caused by supply scripts, I've no idea what to do to force those hungry ilirians out of my land.
    Yeah farms are damaged by foraging armies.

just wanted to sprinkle a little praise in here for the farmlands you guys painted onto the campaign map <3 <3 <3
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kong
    Hey moonflower, just wanted to say that your descriptions are indeed the best, so I will use all of them, of course. Regards

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Moonflower View Post
    just wanted to sprinkle a little praise in here for the farmlands you guys painted onto the campaign map <3 <3 <3
    They add a completely new layer of immersion to the campaign map, yes!
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Page 1 of 47 123456789101126 ... LastLast