Page 42 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950515267 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Bug Reports (Closed)

Default Re: [Tech] Bug Reports 1.1 Version

Unless I am missing something this has got to be a bug. Started a new game as the Nervii and an enemy army in my territory showed two region supply icons each taking -2 food. Looked at my own two armies and they both showed two region supply icons each taking -2 food. One was garrisoned the other not. Haven't noticed this huge food hit when an enemy enters my territory when playing Roman, Greek, or Eastern, or some of the other "barbarian" factions. If I am missing something can someone please clarify thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Whimsy View Post
    Unless I am missing something this has got to be a bug. Started a new game as the Nervii and an enemy army in my territory showed two region supply icons each taking -2 food. Looked at my own two armies and they both showed two region supply icons each taking -2 food. One was garrisoned the other not. Haven't noticed this huge food hit when an enemy enters my territory when playing Roman, Greek, or Eastern, or some of the other "barbarian" factions. If I am missing something can someone please clarify thanks.
    Are you using any other mods or submods?

I just loaded up a Nervii campaign and both starting armies have -1 food from supply lines and only one supply effect bundle.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I got the following supply consumption problem: Playing for Rome, currently (well for some turns now) three allied armies are standing at my region "Liguria". Looking at the supply consumption overview panel I see that 7 suplies are being consumed by allied forces and 80 (!) by enemy forces, although there are no enemy forces in my region.

I'm playing with DeI 1.1d and a mod that turns stratapies and client states to be vassals (in fact 2 of the three allied armies are from the same vassal (not client state) and the third allied army is from another vassal)

Remark: The one vassal with the two armies is relatively new (Raeti) while the other one with just one army (Syrakousai) was made vassal quite a long time ago

The allied consumption depends on how good your relations are not your exact diplomatic status as I understand it. You can post this in the supply questions thread though for clarification.

Well but shouldn't all my vassals armies be listet under "allied" instead of "enemy"? Besides the two Raeti armies (vassal of mine) are "foraging for food" whereas the syrakousai army (also a vassal of mine) is "purchasing food locally".

Thanks for your quick reply!

Dresden, I only am running DeI (steam version) parts 1-6. Starting out I have not seemed to have any food issue. It plays/feels like any other faction I have played with regards to losing 1-2 food depending on stance if I am mustering. However once an enemy or ally seems to enter I get these huge hits to food. It may be something that is triggered once the region switches from Fertile to the next lower supply rank which then causes them to stack instead of replace the old rank???? I will play some more and see if I notice anything triggering. The second post I talked about an ally army doing it and my own was less than 15 turns into the game.

Besides any screenshots I may get is there anything I can do/run or submit which might help??

Here is an autosave. Heruskoz has one army in my zone and it shows one region effect as do my own armies. I have run it a couple of times and after hitting end turn usually Atrebates (military ally) will move an army into my zone too. Once the AI turn is done the Heruskoz army then shows two region effects and I assume my do as well but icon max forces them not to appear. Region goes from -1 to -6. Not the best example but it does show the region effect stacking. Maybe this will help?

auto_save.zip

Another screen of region supply stacking. This one shows the Markomanoz army (only army in my region) with Fertile, Foraged, Looted, and Devastated region supply effects applied at the same time. Region had 2 food and is now -6.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	258.1 KB 
ID:	334523

Loading that save I also get the 2 region effects. I will forward this to Litharion so he can take a look at it.

Thanks Dresden. I cant say for 100% but have not noticed it for Rome, Greek, or Eastern so could be the Barbarian Supply System although I do not remember having the issue with Koinan Galaton and iirc Getae. Not sure about the Germanics but will see if it pops up there when I have the chance and will try and check some of the other Gallic factions.

Thanks!

Tried a game with Odrysian Kingdom and then one with Sweboz. Both games supply seemed to be working correctly for my army/armies. Then a few turns in an enemy army came into the region. That turn it shows me as normal and them as normal (single region effect). The next turn they attacked in each game and then afterwards I had two different results. In the Odrysian game the enemy Getae army showed only one region effect after the battle was done but my army showed two. In the Sweboz game again appearing normal then after battle my army had two effects and the enemy had one foraging region effect and then the Settlement supply effect (still technically two) although it was kind of near its settlement it was still in my territory.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OK-1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	415.5 KB 
ID:	334529Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OK-2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	414.4 KB 
ID:	334528Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sbz-1.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	439.4 KB 
ID:	334527Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sbz-2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	433.9 KB 
ID:	334526

The images for Odrysian show my armies effects and the Sweboz images show the enemies effects.

These games as well as the previous stuff has all been on Very hard (battle-Normal) Grand Campaign, no other mods sub-mods besides Steam DeI 1-6, Windows 7 Pro 64bit system with 16GB ram. No idea if this occurs on IA, Hannibal, or CiG.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help and thanks for everything, I love this mod.

No, thank you for the detailed reports! We rely on our players to find these things and we really appreciate bringing these bugs to us with such detail.

Update: Occurred with Iceni, interesting note- First battle in my territory I initiated and won- did not seem to create stacking, second battle- enemy initiated and I lost, region effect stack after battle. Not sure if initiation or win/loss are possible triggers but wasn't able to easily create initiate lose and they initiate and win versions to try and rule one or the other out. Although in my other games it occurred without a battle even happening sometimes so maybe unrelated.

Parthia- Could NOT create stacking glitch after several armies in territory and some battle. I did notice though that if my army went into any neighboring region I had Supply Line (1 region) even though my only buildings were Levy camp, Light Horse Stables, and level two Horse Eastern settlement. Wasnt sure if Horse settlement counted as some kind of depot so not sure if this is proper or not. Either way no stacking as far as I could tell.

Hyasdan- Could NOT create stacking glitch although this is the first I've tested which start with multiple regions. Probably has nothing to do with it but ya never know.

I will test out some greek, desert, nomad and the lone Hindu faction when I can. oh and Iberian

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

So far it seems be isolated to barbarian tribes?

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Whimsy View Post
    Update: Occurred with Iceni, interesting note- First battle in my territory I initiated and won- did not seem to create stacking, second battle- enemy initiated and I lost, region effect stack after battle. Not sure if initiation or win/loss are possible triggers but wasn't able to easily create initiate lose and they initiate and win versions to try and rule one or the other out. Although in my other games it occurred without a battle even happening sometimes so maybe unrelated.

Parthia- Could NOT create stacking glitch after several armies in territory and some battle. I did notice though that if my army went into any neighboring region I had Supply Line (1 region) even though my only buildings were Levy camp, Light Horse Stables, and level two Horse Eastern settlement. Wasnt sure if Horse settlement counted as some kind of depot so not sure if this is proper or not. Either way no stacking as far as I could tell.

Hyasdan- Could NOT create stacking glitch although this is the first I've tested which start with multiple regions. Probably has nothing to do with it but ya never know.

I will test out some greek, desert, nomad and the lone Hindu faction when I can. oh and Iberian
    Yes thank you for reporting the issue, it is related to some major changes to the supply script (AI turn crash fix). I already have a fix ready http://www.mediafire.com/download/zu...%40%40fix.pack

Damn Litharion you mad genius. Thanks and way to go with the whole supply system in general. It is a mechanic which really impacts the game in a good and meaningful way.

Do we just need to put that fix in the same Rome 2 directory which contains DeI or is there another step?

Put it in the data directory where the mod is. Make sure it is higher alphabetically than the main mod. In mod manager click "enable out of date mods" if you haven't. Then make sure that pack is activated in Mod manager and listed ahead of the main mod. Let me know if it fixes it for you, I will either put out another update or add a new fix pack for people to use.
    Last edited by Dresden; February 04, 2016 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks! Several turns into a Nervii campaign and have had some battles and armies in and out of my territory and no sign yet of stacking effects. I will update if it happens plus I will test a few other factions later and report in. Thanks again Dresden and Litharion!

Thank you for helping test and report. Very much appreciated!