Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Creative Assembly Business Practice Discussion Thread (Warhammer I & II)

Default Re: CA...

CA has been leaving games unfinished since I started playing TW games, which was RTW. That game is still full of bugs.

You're complaining on an unofficial forum about how a company's free modding toolkit has some small issues?

Wow dude. I feel sorry for you.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 24, 2016 at 04:18 AM. Reason: offensive order

I sorry you guys are so indifferent. RTW and game in that era were made up for by mods despite them actually being good titles to begin with. With CA's recent inclination toward cash cow projects, modding support is more important now than ever in terms of delivering replayability for the price of the base game. I sorry that you are so bothered that this is being made clear in a Warhammer forum. I expect to see you guys just as disappointed and enraged by the time of CA's next release.

Modding can be nothing but a boon to folks like you and you cannot come up with a single reason why demanding mod tools is bad for C and the community. if you do not play mods fine, but mods bring you custom content that you enjoy without even thinking of the developer. Modders and devs put work in on both sides, but we especially do not have to take smack from simple consumers who have no broad vision for CA's games. Modding is probably the ultimate respect to CA's games, since only a modder would know the nuances of games so intimately and have the imagination to take a concept and make it great. Mod tools is not an impediment to your DLC (which you will get trust me) or patches (which they won't do). The issue is that they moved on without completing the tools which they promised. It was a deal breaker otherwise.

So in short you stop complaining. You just don't like seeing an inconvenient truth laid out on this new forum (which CA does have representation on). Don't come to the next forum in a couple years either, since no one will listen to you.

Edit: and emcdunna, do not say "free modding toolkit" as if we were done a favor. The modding summit and there subsequent results are proof of CA dragging their feet on features promised before the game release. If you cannot grasp the seriousness of a company failing to deliver a satisfying and complete product or falling short of their word then you are in for a rude awakening after you purchase Warhammer. Enjoy.

To all other you are blinded by nostalgia and love for Warhammer. I love Warhammer too, but it isn't enough for me to fall for CA this time.
    Last edited by WAR monger; May 23, 2016 at 09:59 PM.
    [signature]

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

You're complaining about modding tools not getting out of beta.

In the same post you mention how older games were better, despite having literally no modding support whatsoever. Then you mention the bloody modding summits that CA holds to invite modders from the community to meet them in person and talk about the game.

Im sorry, but complaints about the modding scene of Total War are just laughable. CA is one of the most mod-friendly developers I know of.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Mod tools meant to be part of the games features not getting out of beta = an unfinished product.

What a laughable post. The older games were inherently better for modding because of the relative simplicity of the engine. Naturally, it would make sense that once things begin to get more complicated mod support becomes more critical; that's what it means to have modding support. Anyone can follow that, but then you top it off by stating that you are content with purchasing beta content and then you call me out on mentioning CA's little hotel reservations at the Marriott so they could find out which skimpy bones to throw to the modders. Please quit while you are behind. You clearly don't sympathize so enjoy your vanilla game.

Sounds like you don't realize how shallow CA's concessions to the modders have been.

And just so we are clear, Bethesda is the only real mod-friendly developer you have ever known of.
    Last edited by WAR monger; May 23, 2016 at 10:52 PM.
    [signature]

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by WAR monger View Post
    And just so we are clear, Bethesda is the only real mod-friendly developer you have ever known of.
    Not true. Paradox and Firaxis are pretty good

That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Mod tools are not a promised part of your purchase. They are not a feature of the game. They are an optional extra that you might get, you did not "buy beta content". CA has stressed multiple times that if the mod tools do not garner enough attention, they won't continue to make them.

Frankly, they went out of their way to get mod support for this game. Games Workshop is the Scrooge of intellectual properties. They have released more tools than they ever have before. They look to this community of modders and hire people with talent.

I sympathize with wanting the tools to be completed. That's great. I don't sympathize with entitled whining, and that's what you're doing. You and the OP both come to a separate game's forum in order to complain about beta tools for Attila. What exactly do you hope to accomplish beyond just whining? Do you actually find it reasonable to expect CA to stop working on Warhammer and then go, "Oh gosh you're right guys we totally forgot, so sorry."?

Oh, and wasn't Bethesda the one that tried to sell mods...?
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Only because they support 'em so much!

Here's to hoping that CA releases an $80 "Horse Genitals" DLC

Mod tools are not a promised part of your purchase. They are not a feature of the game. They are an optional extra that you might get, you did not "buy beta content". CA has stressed multiple times that if the mod tools do not garner enough attention, they won't continue to make them.

Frankly, they went out of their way to get mod support for this game. Games Workshop is the Scrooge of intellectual properties. They have released more tools than they ever have before. They look to this community of modders and hire people with talent.

I sympathize with wanting the tools to be completed. That's great. I don't sympathize with entitled whining, and that's what you're doing. You and the OP both come to a separate game's forum in order to complain about beta tools for Attila. What exactly do you hope to accomplish beyond just whining? Do you actually find it reasonable to expect CA to stop working on Warhammer and then go, "Oh gosh you're right guys we totally forgot, so sorry."?

It isn't whining if you have bought 5+ games from their library and been apart of their thriving community for years. It is no accident that M2 is still 30 dollars on Steam (you can thank Third Age, COW and a decent base game for that). Second of all, I already said I don't expect CA to drop their WIPs for mod support. I am not unreasonable for wanting reassurance and expecting CA to do what they say they would in a reasonable time frame and this does not affect your Warhammer experience if this thread stays here. This thread belongs here because it is relevant to it's most recent releases; both of which are supposed to receive mod support.

Just because you don't care about it (and I can feel that you don't) doesn't mean it isn't apart of the game and so I maintain CA is wrong for this.

At least The Holy Pilgrim gets it.
    Last edited by WAR monger; May 23, 2016 at 11:51 PM.
    [signature]

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well on this project we were promised there was no mod support and then only recently did they say they will try to add some.

So our expectations should be minimal.

I look forward to the usual tweaks from the community, but to be honest it seems a bit premature to create any overhaul mods until the entire trilogy has been released. No sense dramatically changing the game before they're even finished making vanilla.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; May 24, 2016 at 12:13 AM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Quote Originally Posted by WAR monger View Post
    It isn't whining if you have bought 5+ games from their library and been apart of their thriving community for years.
    Well that's a non sequitur. It's whining regardless.

You are whining that you don't have completed tools yet. Why? Did they give a time frame for when you can expect them to be released? Did they announce that they were ceasing all support for Attila? Did they advertise the modding tools as part of your purchase?

I don't have a problem with addressing this issue, but declaring that CA is, "Lying to their faithful customers" is hardly a mature way to go about this. It's whining. Especially considering that you two think it somehow relevant to Warhammer, despite literally saying, " I couldn't care less about Warhammer right now when incomplete games still go unserviced"

This is a fan forum. They aren't going to address this either way on a fan forum. If you want to complain to CA personally, then go to their forums. It does nothing here. It achieves nothing. Literally all you are doing is shouting at us that you are angry. Nobody cares.

And don't misconstrue that as, "Nobody cares about this issue." Plenty of people care about this issue. But nobody cares about your whining, and that's all this thread is. If you want to actually address the issue like an adult, then do it in the correct forum, on topic, and not in such an unnecessarily aggressive manner. Otherwise, this thread is just going to be a circlejerk of people going, "Yeah, CA!" and achieving nothing whatsoever apart from off-topic whining.

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    Please fix features of your other titles before you release new games. It's been over a year and the Attila mod tools are still in beta, that's pathetic. I would never have bought that title if I had the foreknowledge that the mod tools would not be functional at this stage.

Thanks, Carry on.
    Your post is pathetic. If you bought Attila hoping for some great, big, total overhaul you are totally delusional. Look at the amount of total conversion mods since empire, there are a handful of big ones. Nothing on the scale of med2 mods, except the ww1 mod. It is your fault for misunderstanding what CA meant when they said modding tools.
    Also, why are you posting that here? You posted this for attention and it's sad.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 24, 2016 at 04:16 AM. Reason: personal reference

Default Re: CA business practice discussion thread

Going to buy this game. Really hope for a massive improvement from Attila

CA, they are a company the aim of which is too make money, CA is not your friend, they dont pay you. We can at least hold them to a high standard, im not spending my money on rubbish.
    I will praise them when they release a quality, well finished product.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 24, 2016 at 04:12 AM. Reason: persoanl reference

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

If something is stuck in Beta then I say it neglected, this Attitude From the not so creative assembly will only come back on them in time, this is not the same attention to detail we had in total war over the past 10 years we have come to expect from them.

His question is relevant.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hospitaller13 View Post
    CA, they are a company the aim of which is too make money, CA is not your friend, they dont pay you. We can at least hold them to a high standard, im not spending my money on rubbish.
    I will praise them when they release a quality, well finished product.
    Indeed, CA is not our friend, it's a commercial enterprise which sells products to make cash to pay wages and taxes and together with others make our society a wealthy one. Or maybe to allow the owners a decadent orgiastic way of life with dozens of yachts, houses, drugs, female and male prostitutes, who knows. I don't care. They make us an offer, we accept or deny. I happily accept because more or less I like what they offer. You don't have to.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 24, 2016 at 04:32 AM. Reason: continuity

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

~ Deleted a few off-topic posts. This is not the place to discuss moderation (specially not Attila's forum moderation). We have an specific place for that ~

Well that's a non sequitur. It's whining regardless.

You are whining that you don't have completed tools yet. Why? Did they give a time frame for when you can expect them to be released? Did they announce that they were ceasing all support for Attila? Did they advertise the modding tools as part of your purchase?

I don't have a problem with addressing this issue, but declaring that CA is, "Lying to their faithful customers" is hardly a mature way to go about this. It's whining. Especially considering that you two think it somehow relevant to Warhammer, despite literally saying, " I couldn't care less about Warhammer right now when incomplete games still go unserviced"

This is a fan forum. They aren't going to address this either way on a fan forum. If you want to complain to CA personally, then go to their forums. It does nothing here. It achieves nothing. Literally all you are doing is shouting at us that you are angry. Nobody cares.

And don't misconstrue that as, "Nobody cares about this issue." Plenty of people care about this issue. But nobody cares about your whining, and that's all this thread is. If you want to actually address the issue like an adult, then do it in the correct forum, on topic, and not in such an unnecessarily aggressive manner. Otherwise, this thread is just going to be a circlejerk of people going, "Yeah, CA!" and achieving nothing whatsoever apart from off-topic whining.
    Since it appears your only interest is to get this conversation off of the Warhammer boards, this will be the last comment I make. When people want to make themselves known they go to every board and forum regardless of how the people there feel about it. It is not off topic since CA business practice extends to its new releases and modding tools are still apart of that dynamic.

I've been incredibly mature, especially when dealing with you since your only manner of argument is discrediting what people say and reducing it to whining since its on a Warhammer board and you want nothing to do with it. Just ignore the thread. Go to the CA/Warhammer praise threads that interest you. If anyone has been unnecessarily aggressive it has been you. Your first mistake was instead of moving on you decided to attack the thread, so clearly something has hit close to home. I haven't been aggressive and my first comment was in support of the OP who was not aggressive either. I've made my point in the past posts and I've every right to post where ever I feel the topic is relevant.

Once again, because it is not relevant to you it does not mean nobody cares. I will post about tools in beta here, in Attila's forum (which I already have) and on the official Total War forum. But we all know what happens to people who expose truths there too.

I will not waste anymore energy here. Clearly this forum is populated with people who are CA apologists.
    [signature]

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

People, please make up your mind already, people constantly come in and out to either accuse TWC of being full on negative aholes and nobody comes here because of that or say that TWC is only full of paid CA apologists xD At first it was amusing, now it is just pathetic, plus most of those posts comes from people who haven't even played the game.

These posts make me feel like this:

Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by Skowdey View Post
    Your post is pathetic. If you bought Attila hoping for some great, big, total overhaul you are totally delusional. Look at the amount of total conversion mods since empire, there are a handful of big ones. Nothing on the scale of med2 mods, except the ww1 mod. It is your fault for misunderstanding what CA meant when they said modding tools.
    Also, why are you posting that here? You posted this for attention and it's sad.
    This has nothing to do with Medieval 2 mods or Empire, the scale of mods, misunderstandings, delusions, or what CA implied or didn't. A working set of mod tools was previewed with this title launch and they do not at this time work. Do you want me to adumbrate my comments again, or would you prefer a brush up comprehension course minus the personal insults? Yes the old adage, insult when logic fails. Think before you post, it goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by emcdunna View Post
    You're complaining on an unofficial forum about how a company's free modding toolkit has some small issues?

Wow dude. I feel sorry for you.
    Small issues? You cannot place soldiers on walls right now, one cannot use custom maps a year and a half after launch; is that your definition of "small?" "Free modding tool kit," you make it sound like CA was doing us some sort of huge favor, when in reality they really weren't; the bland faction piecemeal DLCs should cover this cost and more content. Get your free broken modding tool kit available now.

Devs were shown using this tool working in a preview video LOL. Some of you amaze me with your utter lack of insight/logic in this, sorry. This is fraudulent business practice whether it's basic incompetence or just laziness. Every game has code issues, nothing is perfect. But this is a blatant misrepresentation of what was depicted in the game at release. There are 3 people working on Star Ruler 2 right now and they have better community support. At the CA mothership site you get banned for any thoughts detrimental to the community moral, what a think tank they have *cough* Stalinism *cough* going on over there.

I bought this game for mods, I haven't played one minute of vanilla. I cannot play the game for the purpose I bought it for a year and a half after release. LOL, this tells me quite truely that I will never pay CA a cent for anything ever again. That is bad business folks, the older you get the less time for BS you have.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; May 26, 2016 at 02:34 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.