Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Total War Warhammer coming out April 28th 2016!

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

Default Total War Warhammer coming out April 28th 2016!

The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC1Y2pFP2ls

Chaos unit roster from the steam page:

Full Unit Roster:

Legendary Lords:

• Archaon the Everchosen – Melee/Caster (Lore of Fire) (Race Leader)
    • Prince Sigvald – Melee
    • Kholek Suneater – Melee

Lords:

• Chaos Sorcerer Lord – Caster (Lore of Death, Metal or Fire)
    • Chaos Lord – Melee

Heroes:

• Chaos Sorcerer – Caster (Lore of Death, Metal or Fire)
    • Exalted Hero – Melee

Mounts:

• Dorghar, Archaon’s War Horse (Archaon only)
    • Gorebeast Chariot
    • Manticore
    • Chaos Dragon
    • Chaos Steed
    • Chaos Chariot
    • Barded Chaos Steed

Melee Infanty:

• Chaos Marauders
    • Chaos Marauders (Great Weapons)
    • Chaos Warriors
    • Chaos Warriors (Great Weapons)
    • Chaos Warriors (Halberds)
    • Chosen
    • Chosen (Great Weapons)
    • Chosen (Halberds)
    • Forsaken

Melee Monstrous Infantry:

• Dragon Ogres
    • Chaos Spawn
    • Chaos Trolls
    • Chaos Trolls (Armoured)

Melee War Beasts:

• Chaos Warhounds
    • Chaos Warhounds (Poison)

Melee Monsters:

• Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
    • Chaos Giant

Melee Cavalry:

• Chaos Knights
    • Chaos Knights (Lances)

Missile Cavalry:

• Marauder Horsemen
    • Marauder Horsemen (Throwing Axes)

Vehicles:

• Chaos Chariot
    • Gorebeast Chariot

Artillery:

• Hellcannon
    Last edited by Chris P. Bacon; October 22, 2015 at 10:18 AM.

Default Re: Total War Warhammer coming out April 28th 2016!

oh well, Disappointing DLC Marketing over an over .....no thanks ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Teil View Post
    oh well, Disappointing DLC Marketing over an over .....no thanks ;D
    oh well, Disappointing when people comment without checking the facts. It's Free LC , not DLC .....yes please
    Last edited by von stoker; October 22, 2015 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by von stoker View Post
    oh well, Disappointing when people comment without checking the facts. It's Free LC , not DLC .....yes please
    For the sake of precision : it's free only if you pre-order, greek culture pack style.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

I think you misunderstand something von stoker, it is free for pre-ordering it.

See Greek States DLC for more information. Anyone that buys the game after it is out will have to pay extra for it. At least that is how I percieve it, why else would they announce a free DLC before the game is even out? They'd just put it in there.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

@ Van Stoker by the way, DLC is Downloadable Content XD FLC or Payed DLC=DLC..... but this is not the point, the whole marketing policy(faction&Blood Payed DLC etc in every Game) is unashamedly since Empire Total War;D

all coming dlc Summarized, is the same amount out what you've paid for the game ;D = bad deal

PS: Free is Free and not a Preorder Bonus xD ......have fun as a Free betatester xD

DLC is designed to fill that cap in costs. So either you get a 70,80,90+ base game cost, or 60$ with DLC. Its just the way the industry works.
    say who the publisher xD , when the content is worth the money but not simple faction and blood DLCs ;D
    Last edited by Teil; October 22, 2015 at 11:40 AM.

Its free if you want it. That's all that matters. I got it for free for pre ordering a game I was always going to get.

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

The issue is game prices are staying the same while development costs are skyrocketing. A game now costs the same as a game a few years ago, even if the dev budget is 2,3 times the size. DLC is designed to fill that cap in costs. So either you get a 70,80,90+ base game cost, or 60$ with DLC. Its just the way the industry works.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Putting the marketing and dlc talk aside, I'm quite surprised by the release date. I was expecting it to be somewhat later, like late 2016. Earlier than I expected.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Flying monsters+ Pre-order/DLC/DLC=The unofficial death of the TW series.
    Will not buy............

Nvm.

Chris P. Bacon's Avatar Semisalis

I'm going to pre-order cause now you can just use steam refunds.

The chaos faction has sold me I'll be picking this up on day one... I wasn't too big on the other factions I have seen thus far since I'm more a fan of the bad guys for lack of a better term...why people cry about dlc and pre-order bonuses I'll never understand, it's all about generating revenue.. remember this is a business that requires investment to continue to make games... with games like this you're not going to get a huge new player base every time you release. this is more of a niche series so they have to find different ways to increase revenue as cost will always increase because of manpower, advertising and marketing etc, and pre-order bonuses are a great way to produce early game revenue. as most games make most of their money within the first month or two of release that's why pre order bonuses are so popular they encourage people to become early purchasers which means the company will most likely make more money...
    Last edited by LOTR-MOD; October 22, 2015 at 01:20 PM.

Khamûl the Wraith

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by LOTR-MOD View Post
    this is more of a niche series
    What are you talking about? Warhammer has a huge fanbase.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

what? what you call huge is not huge, for some reason people online feel like they are the majority..we are not, call of duty has a big fan base, star wars, heck Lord of the rings...warhammer May have a loyal fan base, but not in the 10s of millions unfortunately ...on top of that everyone of those warhammer may or may not care about playing a video game version of it...
    Last edited by LOTR-MOD; October 22, 2015 at 03:44 PM.

Khamûl the Wraith

I never mind Day 1 - DLC or DLC as pre-order incentive. I mean, if I like something, I pay for it. That's how mature people behave instead of whining like a little baby until he got his candy.

What worries me is the quality of CA's pre-order DLCs is very often way inferior to others that follow. Just compare Viking forfathers and Empires of the Sand. The latter has way more unique units, new wonders, detailed missions and a very immersive dilemma system. The former is nothing but 3 new copy-paste factions.

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    The issue is game prices are staying the same while development costs are skyrocketing. A game now costs the same as a game a few years ago, even if the dev budget is 2,3 times the size. DLC is designed to fill that cap in costs. So either you get a 70,80,90+ base game cost, or 60$ with DLC. Its just the way the industry works.
    Yet their total sales have also sky rocketed since Empire which increases their total profit and considering it's a digital medium where you don't have a cost associated with any individual 'copy' of the game (because it's not physical), the more you sell, the higher the profit margin per unit labour. So that point is invalid. Given CA is expanding due to this financial boon they really don't need to issue DLCs, they're merely riding off of market dominance. With regard to their expansion in size, I haven't seen any increase in quality of their releases since taking on all this new staff and opening all these new mocap facilities that would warrant paying more. That may be my taste and preference for what I want in a Total War game but I believe this applies to many other fans that aren't happy the direction the franchise has gone, given various uproars in recent times. All in all it feels like a soulless cash grab.
    Last edited by Evan MF; October 22, 2015 at 05:33 PM.

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

what? what you call huge is not huge, for some reason people online feel like they are the majority..we are not, call of duty has a big fan base, star wars, heck Lord of the rings...warhammer May have a loyal fan base, but not in the 10s of millions unfortunately ...on top of that everyone of those warhammer may or may not care about playing a video game version of it...
    I'm not referring only to the TT players and hobbyists, but also to those who are fans of the Warhammer Fantasy universe, the category I'm in. I'd venture to guess the latter are more numerous than the former. But you're right, they probably don't compared to Call of Duty and the like.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Depressing news, really. I was hoping this would come out in February or March so CA could focus sooner on the new engine for the next historical game.

p.s. Fifty quid for a tty Warscape fantasy game with no mod support? Too funny. I would pre-order ASAP if I were you kids.
    Last edited by Huberto; October 23, 2015 at 09:32 AM.

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

If you look at how CA's sales have exploded since Empire, they are definitely a sizeable player on PC. That is despite their niche market, which they are beginning to exploit, as they are the only developer in this kind of genre, through slower advances in features/quality alongside the growth in DLC. We haven't seen advances like MTW to RTW or M2TW to ETW in years.

Also, to address the point of 'dedicated fans' having absolutely no weight when it comes to revenue or profit. A while ago someone published a batch of data on steam accounts which allowed me to calculate that the amount of revenue CA has received off of steam accounts who have only bought 1 or 2 Total War titles ever is approximately the same as those accounts who have bought 3, 4 or more (the kind of people on these forums, who you can imagine make a small minority of the total playerbase). The financial power of fanbases is largely underestimated in gaming, companies that consistently ignore them tend to disappear eventually, as fanbases are the only guaranteed source of money, sales to casuals can disappear any time fads and fashions change. The only thing going for CA is their market dominance and the novelty of new IP in the series (Warhammer). If a serious competitor came into this industry I am sure they could wipe the floor with CA, this I would not have said 5, 8 or 10 years ago, when CA was truly a revolutionary developer in gaming.
    Last edited by Evan MF; October 23, 2015 at 10:59 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast