Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

Haha ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Costin_Razvan View Post
    Why are people pissed off?

This is CHAOS in Storm of Chaos, you know the entire period the game is set in?

It's like having Attila Total War without the Huns or Rome without ROME. Archaon's crusade is the main damned story thread in this entire period of Warhammer Fantasy.
    Exactly.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    Why is that? The quality looks better than the Empire troops, that's for sure.

The pre-order bonuses aren't going away if everyone keeps buying them.
    Yeah, and so did Rome 2 before it came out. It's funny that they keep putting those "Still in Development" on every screenshot.

The only sensible option, to me, is to buy the game in two years or so - or maybe 6 months if it turns out to be as bad as R2 - with all DLC included for 20$.

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

I imagine CA will at least clarify things, their marketing team cant be exactly happy with the hellstorm they accidentially brewed up.

Tiro

Storm of Chaos was the cannon before they replaced it with End Times. CA's take is that Storm of Chaos is cannon for their game and even IF this was based on End Times Archaon's crusade would still be the central story thread.
    Actually GW himself has turned back time to a point where Storm of Chaos had not started and so never happend. Ten years and two game editions later, came the horrible Endtimes bringing essentialy Storm of Chaos v2 to the table.

Creative Assembly can, and probably will, make their own version of SoC. Because v1 had a terrible outcome and some muddy parts while v2 on the other hand was an abomination and a punch in the face for people who liked the old world and her lore. Gork knows whatever CA would cook up for the bigger story can't be so bad that we reach the point and say "Oh if we only had the Endtimes lore"... and at last we get the endings, we achieve and deserve and not some cluster madeup in an attempt to get back to status quo like v1

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    The horrendous feedback on Youtube and the TW forums is so obvious, and still they continue their hated pre-order/race pack dlc policy.
    Or maybe the noise they hear from internet critic is just a minor inconvenience and the Preorder sales are piling up enough money to buy ear plugs for all employees?
    There must be a reason if somthing bad (for customers) is happening again and again.

-----Red Dox
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; October 23, 2015 at 11:15 AM. Reason: accidentally edited the post, my apologies. Fixed now.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    I imagine CA will at least clarify things, their marketing team cant be exactly happy with the hellstorm they accidentially brewed up.
    I'm sure they knew what they would be getting. I also doubt it's a coincidence that they made a SEGA guy star the preview when it's usually just CA staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dox
    Or maybe the noise they hear from internet critic is just a minor inconvenience and the Preorder sales are piling up enough money to buy ear plugs for all employees?
    That's the most likely case. Take Star Wars Battlefront for instance. They are doing almost everything hardcore gamers would have hated in either Battlefront or Battlefield, and still the game is probably going to end up being one of the most (if not the most) successful DICE title in history even when it certainly looks like a casual, mindless run and gun fest.

And that's why I believe that casual gamers (and by extension, consoles) are polluting the gaming industry. Most people just buy games without giving it more than a thought after seeing a pretty trailer or just asking the dude at a Gamestop, and also every day that passes there is more people who prefer quick, casual games over slower, more complex stuff. A point might be raised that those games appeal to most players and that they are actually fun to play (as fun as eating sunflower seeds, but fun nonetheless), so that this tendency would actually be benefiting the vast majority and that we are nothing but a whiny niche (which is true whatever the case ).
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; October 23, 2015 at 11:20 AM.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

CA RUINED MY LIFE AND KICKED MY DOG.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    CA RUINED MY LIFE AND KICKED MY DOG.
    Not poor old Archibald they didn't!

Nothing wrong with a little bit of non-conformism. We cry because we care

Costin_Razvan's Avatar Campidoctor

Actually GW himself has turned back time to a point where Storm of Chaos had not started and so never happend. Ten years and two game editions later, came the horrible Endtimes bringing essentialy Storm of Chaos v2 to the table.
    Yeah sure, regardless of how one cuts it my point stands.

Chaos it not just one of the main factions it is THE FACTION. Now with his announcement I realize something: Archaon is the priest in the reveal trailer.
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

"The Powell Doctrine is the bible of every foreign policy thinker."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine

Neoton's Avatar Ordinarius

At this point, I am not sure if these guys are even serious...

Senator

pre-order stuff aside, happy to see how large the roster is. Looks like chariots are in, and despite the fact that i am not a chaos player, got a thing for dragon ogres. Not to mention dragon ogre shaggoths, and Kholek Sun Eater. Seems like a pretty op lord though. If you wouldve told that Kholek and Sigvald would be the other lord characters 2 days ago, I wouldve been doubtful. Most likely will pre order High King edition because....that drinking horn tho :p

On the pre-order stuff, at least it's a full roster, which will no doubt be expanded with khorne, nurgle, slannesh, and tzeentch dlcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    pre-order stuff aside, happy to see how large the roster is. Looks like chariots are in, and despite the fact that i am not a chaos player, got a thing for dragon ogres. Not to mention dragon ogre shaggoths, and Kholek Sun Eater. Seems like a pretty op lord though. If you wouldve told that Kholek and Sigvald would be the other lord characters 2 days ago, I wouldve been doubtful. Most likely will pre order High King edition because....that drinking horn tho :p

On the pre-order stuff, at least it's a full roster, which will no doubt be expanded with khorne, nurgle, slannesh, and tzeentch dlcs.
    It had *better* be expanded into the other gods, it would be doing Chaos only half justice at best if you don't somehow exhibit their constant infighting and variation in overall strategy and troop tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke View Post
    It had *better* be expanded into the other gods, it would be doing Chaos only half justice at best if you don't somehow exhibit their constant infighting and variation in overall strategy and troop tactics.
    Three game series. For sure it will be expanded upon. Although I have doubts about it being additionally expanded this game. Prove me wrong, CA!

The horrendous feedback on Youtube and the TW forums is so obvious, and still they continue their hated pre-order/race pack dlc policy.
    Cause it makes cash.

Oh wait, it makes cash NOW. And then suddenly nobody buys TW games anymore.

Woppsy dasy.

Shameless self promotion for my LP channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClE...NDSg/playlists

Costin_Razvan's Avatar Campidoctor

Sega's doing very badly financially.

Guess why?
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

"The Powell Doctrine is the bible of every foreign policy thinker."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine

Guess why?
    Not enough DLC?

Guess why?
    Sanic?

Yeah sure, regardless of how one cuts it my point stands.

Chaos it not just one of the main factions it is THE FACTION. Now with his announcement I realize something: Archaon is the priest in the reveal trailer.
    Just wanted to chime I that the fellow in the reveal trailer is a wizard of light and not a priest.

In SoC he was a warrior priest who lost faith and the End Times casted him as a ex-templar. It's possible that CA are making yet another origin for him to show the game's alternative timeline.

As for the dlc, if it was Bretonnia I'd pre-order it on the spot. Not interested in chaos, though.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

I hate this stuff... IF the additonal content is created and comes out after the games launch, I think you have all the rights to ask money for it, it isn't part of the product we bought.

But "free content on day one!", oh screw that. It is cut out content from the product before it even comes out. It is major race, a damn Chaos in WH game. They make it sound great, like it is a gift, when in reality it is a hostage. You are NOT getting additonal content, you are getting the full product. Don't besensible consumer and pre-order, or we will screw you over, that is what it literally is. One of my biggest gripes is how presented, it is almost insulting.

Honestly, I'll propably do same as I did with Attila, which had same crap, don't get it until it is dirt cheap. I vote with my wallet Sega.

Also what is it? HAlf a year till launch and theyr are cutting out content already? I'm done, Sega will never change...
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; October 23, 2015 at 03:43 PM.

To be fair its only recently steam has started offering no questions asked refunds for games / DLC / pre-orders.

If CA and SEGA aren't careful Warhammer launch will be similar to Batman: AK and that will hurt them quite severely.