Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

Default Re: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    I dont really get your point, because they made pre-orders I am gullible for thinking they arent evil? Is that what you are saying
    My point is that they can't even hide the fact that this is content that will be in the game on launch anyways, so why cut it out and make it a pre-order bonus? It's like they have no shame.

I know very little about Warhammer lore, but isn't this similar to, in a WW2 strategy game, having Germany as a pre-order contigent DLC playable nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquila_Mars View Post
    How exactly do you know this? I was being quite sincere.
    You claim not to call people immature children because they are "defending" dlc. That's a lie. A flat one.

It doesn't in any way. I don't care about arguments, that doesn't mean I don't care about people who either misunderstand or deliberately twist what I'm saying.
    A other lie, unlike you I never "twisted" what you are saying.

This is from another thread,
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14739840
    thats so sad...
    and is replied to something that goes with the text.
    which doesn't excuse to make character assumptions about people you don't agree with.
    You keep saying things about business practice, well we are the customer part, anything that gets more money out of us is something we are not supposed to like. That is how business goes, if you didn't know.
    How does a pre order race dlc takes more money from me?
    And to say "we are costumers" hence we have to be ignorant of how games are produce and that not everything we don't like is evil or even unique for the games industry and must act as if we would act totally different is beyond reason.

And so, I'm still not seeing the part in which I called you an immature child. So you do twist my words after all, you completely ignore and quote me with unrelated things or dodge around the statements. Every time we talk about something.
    You call people defending Dlc immature children, using parents money. I know you think is a clever to insult people without naming them, but it isn't.
    None of your "arguments", which were edit in later, justified the assumption that people who are disagree with you are children.
    And then you make barely veiled insults where you are clearly calling me an idiot/stupid.
    Calling someone not clever is not saying that he/she is stupid, Darth Aquila_Mars

Quote Originally Posted by Bercor View Post
    I know very little about Warhammer lore, but isn't this similar to, in a WW2 strategy game, having Germany as a pre-order contigent DLC playable nation?
    It's like having a game set in the Napoleonic era and Prussia is a DLC faction.

I didn't pre-order Rome 2 and was glad, playing it a few months after the release was a great benefit, and I bought DLC's when they were on sale with a view to ensuring that if a Stainless Steel esque mod came out I would be able to use them. I did feel like a scab, but justified it to myself that at half price £1 a faction wasn't over the top for another playthrough. Then came Attila and even though the game was so clearly trying to appease people who were missing the old features, the drip drip drip of DLC started to make me regret having paid for some of the culture packs which legitimised the marketing strategy.

Now they are starting the whole process again with Warhammer, my patience has ran out. I think that like many here are suggesting, the only way to influence campaign packs over culture expansions which can be achieved by modders is to stop making the DLC train as profitable to Sega/CA. I don't think it will necessarily change the culture of the gaming industry, and I can't be sure that it will improve anything, but I know for sure that so long as people like me buy it as a guilty pleasure and swallow our pride, they will continue to mince up the base game and sell it in ever smaller chunks.

Imperator Artorius's Avatar Miles

Firstly, does anyone else find the term "Free LC" rather annoying, like a politician's soundbite?

Secondly, thats a very loose interpretation of "Free LC".

Honestly I must be in the minority with these things. Because when I saw "Chaos Preorder Bonus" I didn't think call CA a bunch of evil bastards I just thought "Hell yes they added Chaos!".
    Getting burned out $60 of isn't that big of an issue to me, but being able to play an awesome game is. So I don't really care much about DLC practices because games cost a lot more to develop than back in "the good old days". Bought most of the Attila DLCs on day1. So I would rather see Chaos in as a 5-10 dollar DLC than not at all.

What I really hope is they do it justice and don't pull a RomeII. There's too much potential here to screw it up!

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

First thought "Oh god here we go again with conspiracy theorists repeating themselves again for the next 6 months just like Atilla and just like Rome 2"

Alright let's break this down: For me personally, this is good. They have advertised 4 factions so far and I was fine by that, expecting Chaos to come in the second game. Now I get Chaos for this game instead for free. Since I'm going to buy the game on release anyway as a long time TW fan I might as well preorder. I bought Rome 2 on release and bought Atilla on release and have never regretted a second because I love the TW model. (For the record I dont care one flying about anyones thoughts on how I spend my money, Its my damn money)

On the other hand, this is slightly different than Attila/Rome2. In those games, the pre-order DLC was pretty insignificant. the Greeks states were hovering right over the line of "Completely irrelevant" for the time period and the Vikings were not even players in the events of Attila. Because they were actually time travelers from 500 years in the future. However with TW:W Chaos is a key player in the setting, and we knew from the get go that they would be in the game from the cinematic trailer as a kind of late game challenge. Which makes it look a bit bad that they are now made playable through DLC. I think Chaos will still be in the game if you pre-order or not. Further more, I think one of the game in the series will focus more on Chaos as a faction with the Violent Odin/Sex god/Scheming Loki God/Blob God/ divide.

So although I recognize this is cynical by CA, Its good for me.
    Last edited by Påsan; October 22, 2015 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    First thought "Oh god here we go again with conspiracy theorists repeating themselves again for the next 6 months just like Atilla and just like Rome 2"

Alright let's break this down: For me personally, this is good. They have advertised 4 factions so far and I was fine by that, expecting Chaos to come in the second game. Now I get Chaos for this game instead for free. Since I'm going to buy the game on release anyway as a long time TW fan I might as well preorder. I bought Rome 2 on release and bought Atilla on release and have never regretted a second because I love the TW model.

On the other hand, this is slightly different than Attila/Rome2. In those games, the pre-order DLC was pretty insignificant. the Greeks states were hovering right over the line of "Completely irrelevant" for the time period and the Vikings were not even players in the events of Attila. Because they were actually time travelers from 500 years in the future. However with TW:W Chaos is a key player in the setting, and we knew from the get go that they would be in the game from the cinematic trailer as a kind of late game challenge. Which makes it look a bit bad that they are now made playable through DLC. I think Chaos will still be in the game if you pre-order or not. Further more, I think one of the game in the series will focus more on Chaos as a faction with the Violent Odin/Sex god/Scheming Loki God/Blob God/ divide.
    Pretty much sums me up as well. I didn't even think we were getting Chaos to begin with, so I'm really happy about that. The thing is RomeII was before Steam refunds were a thing. So if they're enticing us to buy a half-finished game with shiny pre-order bonuses, they are going to get burned this time. I think(hope) CA are smart enough to realize that.

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

This game will not even have modding support so I already knew I was not buying this game day one till it is in the bargain bin. And to see Ca back at its old tricks I just might not even bother. So sad to see one of my most fav series in gaming history reduced to this ashes in my mouth Disgusting!!!
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    This game will not even have modding support
    Which is the real letdown with this game. Still that doesn't mean there will be no mods, just that they're not releasing a creation kit. So we may not see the sweeping overhauls like DEI, there could still be balancing, hopefully even unit mods.

I'm still hoping GW change their mind on this.

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator Artorius View Post
    Firstly, does anyone else find the term "Free LC" rather annoying, like a politician's soundbite?
    So do I. You get "for free" something that's been often made artificially scarce.

Quote Originally Posted by von stoker
    Let me get this straight, Chaos faction is FREE LC in a Warhammer game?

And I slept very well last night, thankyou.
    DLC -- downloadable content
    Free-LC -- free downloadable content

Free-LC is a subset of the DLC set. The Despondent mind was referring to the "downloadable content" part, irrespective of whether it's free or not. The point is that one of the main Warhammer factions has been (artificially) relegated to the status of "downloadable content".
    Last edited by scoicarius; October 22, 2015 at 08:10 PM.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by rockman4417 View Post
    Which is the real letdown with this game. Still that doesn't mean there will be no mods, just that they're not releasing a creation kit. So we may not see the sweeping overhauls like DEI, there could still be balancing, hopefully even unit mods.

I'm still hoping GW change their mind on this.

I agree I hope they do change their minds but hopefully we will get some mods I hope for them. One I want is 40 units in one army mods something I always enjoyed. But At this time I don't really think im going to bother with this one. I did not even bother with Attila I am losing hope in this Franchise. They just get worse to just down right .
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    I agree I hope they do change their minds but hopefully we will get some mods I hope for them. One I want is 40 units in one army mods something I always enjoyed. But At this time I don't really think im going to bother with this one. I did not even bother with Attila I am losing hope in this Franchise. They just get worse to just down right .
    Over the years I realized playing TW requires a certain mindset. When I was a kid playing ME2 I didn't care about all the shortcomings of the game, I just roleplayed around them. But I still can't play RomeII, it just feels so stripped of features no amount of imagination gets me through a campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by rockman4417 View Post
    I still can't play RomeII, it just feels so stripped of features no amount of imagination gets me through a campaign.
    Have you tried mods?
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by scoicarius View Post
    Have you tried mods?
    DEI helps a lot, but it still falls way short of Attila to me. I did get 255 hrs out of R2, but never finished a single campaign lol

It was always starting a new playthrough and hoping it'd be better this time

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    man, food analogies are terrible
    That was actually my point.

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioGermanicus View Post
    First: Sega not being bankrupt doesn't change that you would want money, that you investment to make money, back early yourself. Why demand of sega what you wouldn't do?
    Please refrain from assuming what I would or wouldn't do. A business is not just about the seller, but also about the customer. They have every right to treat their customers as dumb cash cows with no memory, and I have every right to complain when I see lame business practices. Not all ways of earning income are equal.

are suggestion that instead of giving us a additional full race, they should have cripple the other races and then make them complete?
    No? When did I do that? How's selling separate merchansing or offering alternative aesthetic skins crippling other factions? I am suggesting nothing that does not exist already. Again, just take a look at some games which are WAY MORE PROFITABLE than Total War without needing to rely on these lame strategies:

• The Witcher 3 pre-order bonuses:
    • 10% off
    • An additional 5% off if you own either The Witcher Enhanced Edition or The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
    • Digital game soundtrack
    • Digital wallpapers
    • Digital world map
    • Digital artbook
    • Digital "artworks"

• Metal Gear Solid V pre-order bonuses:
    • Physical Map
    • Adam-ska Special Handgun
    • Personal Ballistic Shield (Silver)
    • Cardboard Box (Wetland)
    • Fatigues (Blue Urban Snake Costume)
    • Metal Gear Online XP Boost

• Fallout 4 pre-order bonuses:
    • Fallout 4 Soundtrack CD
    • Fallout boy bobblehead
    • The history of Fallout Franchise Artbook

• Bloodborne pre-order bonuses:
    • Pet skins

Most of those are not even in-game perks, and those who are are just minor accesory stuff. I think we can all agree that the entire farcion of Chaos Warriors is hardly "accesory" in Warhammer. Hell... we are talking about something which was the centerpiece of the very announcement trailer...

Most of the items listed above are cheap stuff to trick hyped people into buying bad quality crap which is going to serve no purpose other than gathering dust, but actually being responsible enough as not to fall into the pit of purchasing that does not deprive the customer of a major chunk of the game and one of the most requested factions in the entire setting (to the point that they are one of the two main factions in the recently released Age of Sigmar reboot).

But you guys are missing the point here, they have a zillion honest ways of earning money now if that's what they want, the problem here is that what they are tying to do is getting people to buy the game without having a firm knowledge of what they are getting. They know that after Rome 2 people have got more aware and reluctant of pre-ordering their products (and rightly so), so what they are doing is trying to bypass that feeling by offering what they KNOW is a highly requested part of the game as a carrot in a stick to fall for it again. This is not offering a nice extra, this is straight cutting a key part of the game they know most customers are going to want badly and use it to make them ignore responsible customer practices (as waiting for proper reviews would be, specially considering the recent experience).

And in my opinion, you have no clue, but a lot of judgement for the work of others.
    I would love to see people like you in they work environment and how selfless you act in it.
    Selfless? There is a difference between charging an high ammount of money for a flawless product which is the result of hard-work and quality materials, and tricking customers into buying a product early just because the seller knows the final thing is not going to be on par with expectations...

And yes, I'm judgemental, precisely because I know I would not be afraid of reviews if my product was actually top-notch.

That was about the nature of DLC/additional contend in general.

But of course it is easier to make a absurd complain, then actually progress the argument.
    Honestly, for a forum, I don't think you can complain about the thoroughness of my arguments. I just found your analogy to be completely unrelated with the matter at hand.

And if you are talking about additional content in general, you'll find that I've defended plenty of times the usage of dlcs if they are worth it against people who claim all forms of dlc are evil. But I think that what most of us are complaining about in here are not dlcs per-se, not even pre-order bonuses per-se, but lame, shifty pre-order strategies.

I am still waiting for some CA executive to explain this was all a misunderstanding. For sake when you say warhammer other than space marines most will think about Chaos be it 40k or fantasy.

Actually just type "warhammer" on google images, and that's it end of discussion, CA/SEGA puts Ubisoft and EA to shame. Hell even Konami doesn't sell you a "Metal Gear" as a dlc in a Metal Gear game.

At this point I really hope the game is gonna flop, SEGA shuts down CA and no more of this torture. Perhaps some members of the team start making some cool kickstarters, but the way things are now, it's a horrible time to like total war.
    Last edited by IlluminatiRex; October 22, 2015 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Off-Topic

Quote Originally Posted by Bercor View Post
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Person012345 View Post
    It's not FLC by any definition. It's being attached to another product as a reward for doing something the company finds desirable, but it's not Free, and it's not FLC. FLC is completely free to everyone who owns a given game, not contingent upon anything else.
    You make a good point and I agree with you, but you might try to work on your delivery style. No need to insult anyone.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; October 22, 2015 at 08:36 PM. Reason: deleted the quoted insult.