Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728

Thread: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

Default Re: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

Quote Originally Posted by GasMask View Post
    The truth matters btw,
    the haters and whiners can say what they want, but the true fans of the Total War Series will always stick with CA no matter how far SEGA push them.
    Well there you have it.

Theirs not many developers these days who are as committed as CA btw, the haters and whiners can say what they want, but the true fans of the Total War Series will always stick with CA no matter how far SEGA push them.
    I would of said the same as you up til RTWII happened. Now I think is it right to support Sega through CA? Am I only furthering how low companies can stoop if I consume their produce no matter what they offer and the terms they set? And of course for how much longer will the produce be palatable if Sega are so fully behind the wheel.
    And as far as I see why do you think CA are so innocent, it was their staff who told us the pork pie's about RTWII, unless they were Sega plants within the company. How many of us would willingly lie to the public to keep our jobs, that's if that is what it boils down to?

The truth matters btw,

SEGA have pushed CA to their boundaries which we have already seen with Rome 2's disastrous release. SEGA have done this to other developers also not just CA. SEGA are basically holding the whip, CA are truly being bullied in a sense to release games much faster now. I feel that CA have been able to cope much better with TW: Warhammer probably because they have had more time to develop it, though we can clearly see a more refined and polished title compared to Rome 2 & Atilla IMO which is good .

I feel the blame should be directed at SEGA when it comes to pointing the finger but then looking at the comments in this thread truly saddens me, as CA are clearly not in control of what SEGA is pushing them to do. I thank CA for making a post explaining why they had to do the DLC race pack though, thank you for being honest CA. Theirs not many developers these days who are as committed as CA btw, the haters and whiners can say what they want, but the true fans of the Total War Series will always stick with CA no matter how far SEGA push them.
    CA is a subdivision of Sega, in essence. Look, if they slap their name on Rome 2 and make their cash off it without informing everyone what a turd it was at release, they are as guilty as anyone. As far as I am concerned, Sega and CA are different names for different levels of the same company.

And no, CA is not my puppy, my girlfriend or my child. I'm not going to stick by them just because. Good to know that you'd defend them if the whole company were caught raping orphans though. That speaks to your mindset more than anything else.
    Last edited by Person012345; November 30, 2015 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Person012345 View Post
    CA is a subdivision of Sega, in essence. Look, if they slap their name on Rome 2 and make their cash off it without informing everyone what a turd it was at release, they are as guilty as anyone. As far as I am concerned, Sega and CA are different names for different levels of the same company.

And no, CA is not my puppy, my girlfriend or my child. I'm not going to stick by them just because. Good to know that you'd defend them if the whole company were caught raping orphans though. That speaks to your mindset more than anything else.
    People seem to get some sort of catharsis pointing out CA isn't SEGA. That's technically true, but the clerk at Burger King isn't Burger King, yet it's not like he has power to sell you hamburgers differently to your liking either.

And even if CA was independent and was their own publisher doesn't mean they'd do things differently, either. It's like they've ever been independent.

LordInvictus's Avatar Semisalis
    In California in the USA on Earth in the Solar System in the Milky Way

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    It's not just just one pre-order faction. It's the equivallent of making a WW2 game and selling nazi germany as an additional, non-essential dlc even when knowing that it's a core faction and by far one of the most requested ones.
    Playable Nazi Germany. Germany will still be there, but you just can't play as them.
    Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    If they want to exploit that to make profits, which is perfectly legit... at least bother to make it a fully fledged content release. It's not preciselly Ogre Kingdoms or Kislev we are talking about.
    Why isn't it a fully fledged content release?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stark_7 View Post
    Well that's hyperbole...
    I wish it were, but that's not the case judging from either Steam reviews or Youtube comments. Examples:
    Preorder faction - Greek States, Viking Forefathers
    Faction released shortly after launch - Pirates and Raiders, Nomadic Tribes, Longbeards, Celts, etc.
    Faction released after over a year - Black Sea Colonies, Empires of Sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Stark_7 View Post
    While this is a nice visualization, I think a better comparison would be to car dealerships (You want all these little upgrades to your car? Sirius XM radio? Rust proofing? Pay up) or the American college/testing system (I just finished applying and the similarities are astounding. You have to pay to take the SAT or ACT, pay for the score report for each test per college, pay for the application itself per college, pay a high tuition annually, pay for your own books, pay to live on campus, etc.) In the second case, it is especially apparent how much "money milking" is going on when you consider the fact that they literally ask you to take the test again (and pay more!) and buy their books to prepare (and pay more!) after you send your score reports. Sorry if that was off-topic.

It seems to be the common trend that people are now constantly saying things like "How dare they remove a CORE ASPECT of Warhammer!!!" I'm sorry, and i hate to point this out? But I have been playing Warhammer for many years, and have come across countless players who couldn't care less about Chaos... Look at Vermintide, Skaven...... Space marine, heavily focused around orcs and goblins. Who's to say that Beastmen, bretonnia, lizardmen...etc. are not "Main game races". If thats the case lets just complain because they didn't include all of them from the get-go. No, the fact is that Chaos is one of the mass-crowd popular races and while extremely important, doesn't exactly mean that without it, its incomplete.. or included content that is being charged for. It will come. I'm not saying that CA/Sega are entirely 100% right in their decision to release it as a playable faction in the form of DLC. but this argument goes all ways. If the 4 starting races had been Empire, vampire counts, Chaos and Dwarfs, than people would be raging right now saying that orcs and goblins are a CORE RACE AND MUST BE INCLUDED HOW DARE YOU CA!!!..or even if we got chaos and vampire counts were not included, then people would simply rage that vampire counts are important and should have been included. Honestly? I don't care about chaos, yes... i believe they should be included but someone is going to be raging over how this turns out regardless of what order they choose to release things.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LordInvictus View Post
    Playable Nazi Germany. Germany will still be there, but you just can't play as them.Why isn't it a fully fledged content release?
    That's my point. Would you understand that Nazi Germany was given the treatment of a meagre dlc side-faction? They want to make them an AI controlled antagonist? Ok. They want to make them the theme of a sequel or expansion where they are the playable protagonists? Ok... but don't freaking make them a pre-order dlc...

I could understand dlc Italy, Australia, or Canada... but dlc Germany? Come on... At this rate, 5 years from now we will be thanking developers for adding the US as playable to the main game...

Why isn't it a fully fledged content release?
    We don't know that yet. But what I mean is not that it won't be fully fledged content, but that it's being given a treatment as an additional, secondary faction (talking about the way they are selling them, not about their AI role in the game). Would you understand it if in a few days they just released the new Star Wars movie as a low quality VHS instead of making it the event of the year, with all the pomp and state of the art equipment available to show it off?

Quote Originally Posted by Brachra
    But I have been playing Warhammer for many years, and have come across countless players who couldn't care less about Chaos...
    I couldn't care less about Chaos (even when I have to agree that they have made them look quite cool in the Grimgor video), but that does not mean that I can't feel that their marketing strategy looks fishy as hell. It's no doubt one of the core factions (evidenced by the fact that CA themselves chose them as the main antagonist for the game), and also one of the most requested factions by the fans... I understood it perfectly when they said they would not be playable in the first game, an AI Chaos antagonist made perfect sense from a creative point of view, and it left open the possibility to add it in a later game with all the bells and whistles... but this? This is just cheap.

No, the fact is that Chaos is one of the mass-crowd popular races and while extremely important, doesn't exactly mean that without it, its incomplete.. or included content that is being charged for. It will come. I'm not saying that CA/Sega are entirely 100% right in their decision to release it as a playable faction in the form of DLC. but this argument goes all ways. If the 4 starting races had been Empire, vampire counts, Chaos and Dwarfs, than people would be raging right now saying that orcs and goblins are a CORE RACE AND MUST BE INCLUDED HOW DARE YOU CA!!!..or even if we got chaos and vampire counts were not included, then people would simply rage that vampire counts are important and should have been included.
    Again, it's not the fact that they are or not included. It's the way they have been included.

When they announced that only The Empire, Orcs, Dwarves and Vampires would be playable in the first game no one complained about the lack of Chaos, specially since everyone assumed that they would just be included at some point in the trilogy (and that they would have to pay for them). So consider that the rage might not be because of the inclusion or not, or because of having to pay extra for them or not, but rather because of the manner in which things are being dealt with.
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; November 30, 2015 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordInvictus View Post
    While this is a nice visualization, I think a better comparison would be to car dealerships (You want all these little upgrades to your car? Sirius XM radio? Rust proofing? Pay up) or the American college/testing system (I just finished applying and the similarities are astounding. You have to pay to take the SAT or ACT, pay for the score report for each test per college, pay for the application itself per college, pay a high tuition annually, pay for your own books, pay to live on campus, etc.) In the second case, it is especially apparent how much "money milking" is going on when you consider the fact that they literally ask you to take the test again (and pay more!) and buy their books to prepare (and pay more!) after you send your score reports. Sorry if that was off-topic.
    And nobody except politically ignorant people and selfish wealthy republicans (that is, the republicans who are selfish, I'm sure plenty of republicans also hate it) thinks that the american college system is good value for money or acceptable, there's a reason public tuition funding has been an issue on the left this election. And it wasn't always that way, it's ballooned out of control. So yeah, I'd say it's a perfect analogy for what CA has been doing with DLC.