Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

I wish CA and SEGA good luck with their new product and their expanded company. I'm done with this kind of stuff and it's sadly going to end a long line of buying all their installments, sometimes twice. There is a fundamental lack of understanding between decision makers and me as a buyer. Maybe CA grew a bit too fast, and now important points start to fall through the cracks. Time to move on to other games and stick to past installments.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Surely they expected this. It must be painful for the PR guys to plug this stuff knowing they will get a bad reaction.
    I've worked years in sales before. If I were one of the PR guys, I would question weather my boss' are the right people for the job. I hope they get paid a lot for promoting this stuff.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar'sNephew View Post
    Speculation detectors are going off the charts!
    Empty dismissive rebuttals are going off the rails!

According to this, Attila sold more than 150% of your provided number, during the Steam summer sale alone - https://www.vg247.com/2015/06/26/ste...vival-evolved/

• Total War: ATTILA – 488,827

>still less then 500,000
    >still less then half of what Rome 2 made in pre-orders alone

Wow how..... supremely underwhelming.

Were you expecting me to bite my words because it's still far less then previous Total War titles have made in the past 5 years.
    Shogun 2, a game made 4 years ago almost sold as well as Attila did during that summer so I do not see how my point of of Attila not selling well despite being #1 on Steam at a time is refuted.

Not to distract from the conversation. I felt with Atilla it was just a side show, an expansion to Rome 2. Not a new game. I was hesitant to buy it myself tbh. But I was sick of the Rome setting.

Frankly I'm somehow failing to understand how people could actually praise and upvote those announcements, this is just beyond me. Probably selfish persons or guys so rich they don't give a damn about what they spend anymore... Chinese hired by SEGA? I don't know...

And the lack of reaction from SEGA/CA is also gonna tell us what will be their further attitude on the next days/weeks. If they keep ignoring the community and just refute the arguments against their policy towards cut-content, suppress the legit critics, by doing vague statements, well that means they definitely fell into the most low and totally shameless whoring behaviour. I've honestly seen strippers less greedy than that... Somehow the fact that they haven't made an official statement yet is something we should worry about, that means they are just trying to put the dirt under the carpet and are buying time to lower the heat. Not good indeed.

This is UNACCEPTABLE.

CA does not deserve to exist anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by NostalgiaFan View Post
    Wow how..... supremely underwhelming.

Were you expecting me to bite my words because it's still far less then previous Total War titles have made in the past 5 years.
    Shogun 2, a game made 4 years ago almost sold as well as Attila did during that summer so I do not see how my point of of Attila not selling well despite being #1 on Steam at a time is refuted.
    Those were Attila's sales over the Steam Summer Sale alone. It was the number one selling game over the Steam sale in terms of profits, and number two in numbers. Hardly underwhelming. The numbers you provided for Attila's total sales on Steam were totally wrong, as it sold much more than what you provided over a few week period. I don't know what it sold since release, but it is surely many magnitudes higher than the number you provided.

If that isn't refutation, well... it is.

Personally, I don't care. I didn't buy Attila. But I like fact-based analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu La Canette View Post
    Frankly I'm somehow failing to understand how people could actually praise and upvote those announcements, this is just beyond me. Probably selfish persons or guys so rich they don't give a damn about what they spend anymore... Chinese hired by SEGA? I don't know...

And the lack of reaction from SEGA/CA is also gonna tell us what will be their further attitude on the next days/weeks. If they keep ignoring the community and just refute the arguments against their policy towards cut-content, suppress the legit critics, by doing vague statements, well that means they definitely fell into the most low and totally shameless whoring behaviour. I've honestly seen strippers less greedy than that... Somehow the fact that they haven't made an official statement yet is something we should worry about, that means they are just trying to put the dirt under the carpet and are buying time to lower the heat. Not good indeed.
    My guess they are waiting for sales numbers. Corporations are run on numbers not ethics. Upset customers<revenue.

Just judging by Steam top sellers it seems they may not be hitting sales projections. It was #5-6 for a very short time then dropped out of the top ten. It continues to drop, it stayed around #14 now it is at around #20.

Looking at Vermintide it is sitting at #2-3. Not in the same genre but I am confident many of those sells are coming from WH fans that would/will buy TW:WH simply because it is WH.

Wow, I am really disappointed, and I am not even a Warhammer fan. But only 4 factions, and 1 DLC faction? For real?
    That's just a smack in the face. I like TW games, but this is going too far. To my understanding Chaos is a major factor in Warhammer lore... if this trend continues we will have to pre-order/pay for factions such as Spain in Medieval III or Empire II.
    For me it would no be such a big deal if CA's/Sega's releases were actually smooth as butter, but they tend to release barely enjoyable bug ridden games with lackluster content, and now lock away major factions to trick people into preordering. Why not look at other developers and their preorder exclusives such as Witcher 3?
    Even ing EA, the devil of DLC, is a brighter example than this, just check the Battlefront preorder bonuses. It's basically all unlockable content, just an instant access kind of thing.

Shame on you CA, and shame on you SEGA. I wish it could be different, but I cannot preorder your games anymore, that kind of trust is gone due to repeated disappointment. I was open to the Warhammer concept, but your heartless business practice seems prove to me that you do not even trust your own game to be successful AFTER release...

Tiro

For the "How bad sold Attilla" discussion, maybe this helps
    http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151025/t43jfmbn.png
    Source: http://steamspy.com/

Imo do the numbers look bad in comparision for Attila. But Warhammer has maybe a better setting and doesn't only reach out to the biased TW fans still enraged on Rome2. Tapping into thousands of Warhammer Fans who may never have been Total War players, could change things in the end. We see it may/june 2016 if we have numbers to compare

-----Red Dox

Quote Originally Posted by Woody0 View Post

Looking at Vermintide it is sitting at #2-3. Not in the same genre but I am confident many of those sells are coming from WH fans that would/will buy TW:WH simply because it is WH.
    Vermintide is selling a lot because it's actually a good game.

CA could learn from this. Create a good game? It will sell lots. Take 1/5th of your game out and call it DLC And then act like you're doing your players a favor by giving it to them "free" in return for a pre-order? Maybe you won't sell as many games as you thought you would.

My guess they are waiting for sales numbers. Corporations are run on numbers not ethics. Upset customers<revenue.

Just judging by Steam top sellers it seems they may not be hitting sales projections. It was #5-6 for a very short time then dropped out of the top ten. It continues to drop, it stayed around #14 now it is at around #20.
    Maybe. I'm sure sales are being impacted by this whole Chaos fiasco, but for consideration - if you look at current sales figures, XCOM2, which is doing everything right, has great positive buzz, will feature considerable mod support, and all that (my most anticipated game!), is currently sitting at number 131 in sales.

Both games are coming out many months from now. Once you get the early adapters, pre-purchases are going to drop substantially until the release date is at least on the visible horizon.

That said, I'm very interested to see how this groundswell of unhappiness affects SEGA's position.

That said, I'm very interested to see how this groundswell of unhappiness affects SEGA's position.
    I do not seeing them dropping Chaos as DLC and including them as a playable faction in the base game.

I am thinking if they think sales are taking too big of a hit we get a sorry and look what we are going to add for free for are customers and we are planning on giving more FLC. Something similar to getting the Emperor edition of Rome 2 for free.

I do not seeing them dropping Chaos as DLC and including them as a playable faction in the base game.

I am thinking if they think sales are taking too big of a hit we get a sorry and look what we are going to add for free for are customers and we are planning on giving more FLC. Something similar to getting the Emperor edition of Rome 2 for free.
    Yeah, I don't think they'll back down either, they have six months. I'm going to preorder sometime between then and now myself, and, hell, I wouldn't preorder without that incentive.

It's riskless as many have said before however, if the game does suck and isn't worth $60 because of horrible bugs and unfinished features, I'll just renege. The whole DLC principles debate is just people who can't seem to rationally make collective bargaining decisions (calmly not buy it). The whole steam refund policy is the only reason you should preorder though, and remember to preorder through steam or the refund policy won't work.

In canada this game is like 70$
    I have no idea what is in this game and they want me to pay 70$? with their track record?
    Yea off CA.

Just going to wait this out until you get desperate and the 50% sale comes about.
    Greedy little ... honestly...
    Last edited by Toho; October 25, 2015 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolaos View Post
    Wow, I am really disappointed, and I am not even a Warhammer fan. But only 4 factions, and 1 DLC faction? For real?
    That's just a smack in the face. I like TW games, but this is going too far. To my understanding Chaos is a major factor in Warhammer lore... if this trend continues we will have to pre-order/pay for factions such as Spain in Medieval III or Empire II.
    For me it would no be such a big deal if CA's/Sega's releases were actually smooth as butter, but they tend to release barely enjoyable bug ridden games with lackluster content, and now lock away major factions to trick people into preordering. Why not look at other developers and their preorder exclusives such as Witcher 3?
    Even ing EA, the devil of DLC, is a brighter example than this, just check the Battlefront preorder bonuses. It's basically all unlockable content, just an instant access kind of thing.

Shame on you CA, and shame on you SEGA. I wish it could be different, but I cannot preorder your games anymore, that kind of trust is gone due to repeated disappointment. I was open to the Warhammer concept, but your heartless business practice seems prove to me that you do not even trust your own game to be successful AFTER release...
    It's 4 RACES, not faction.... they're not the same, each and every one of them has big roster of units, different models and animations. Do your research first, you don't have human factions in each. Did you watch any of the videos at all? Everything takes resources, day 1 DLC is not alright that's true. Almost each and very model requires different animation, it's anymore ROME II or ATTILA.

Does this mean that Chaos race is ONLY obtainable by pre ordering?

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brachra View Post
    Does this mean that Chaos race is ONLY obtainable by pre ordering?
    No, you can purchase it after release. The bonus from pre-ordering is that you get it with no additional charge.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

This whole thing it's stupid. Anyone who thinks this DLC matter is something other that bad is just plain wrong. There's no matter of opinion, it's empirically bad.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by yukishiro1 View Post
    Vermintide is selling a lot because it's actually a good game.

CA could learn from this. Create a good game? It will sell lots. Take 1/5th of your game out and call it DLC And then act like you're doing your players a favor by giving it to them "free" in return for a pre-order? Maybe you won't sell as many games as you thought you would.
    Maybe they should just make Alien games then. That was well received and sold well. I can just imagine how the community would react to that. Unless of course comparing two different genres isn't a reasonable comparison.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

I don't know, from what I've seen anyway. We can all complain and complain. In yhe end the ones who complain the most will most likely be the largest customer base of pre orders and Dlc purchases. Because deep down they know they can't win, and if you really want something you will do whatever is required of you to get it. I remember the whole X:rebirth thing, been on those forums for years. ..90% of the whiners pre release bought the game and then whined more on the forums after saying they wouldn't support the company.