Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

Default Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

Taken from the Steampage, described as "Pre-Purchase Total War: WARHAMMER now and get the Chaos Warriors Race Pack for free"
    Anyone surprised or impressed? I'm pissed, even though I should've known this would happen...

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default Re: Chaos Warriors Race IS pre-order DLC

well, and this looked so deceitfully better than rome 2... not anymore

incomming...

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    well, and this looked so deceitfully better than rome 2... not anymore
    Why is that? The quality looks better than the Empire troops, that's for sure.

The pre-order bonuses aren't going away if everyone keeps buying them.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I was meaning to say their customer relationship and marketing looked better

It's a complete and f// milking to cut off the main game the race so significant for Warhammer as Chaos

Senator

INB4 the

I'm not mad, I'm disappointed...

Who would've thought.

I bet their roster is about as good as the one for the Norsemen in Attila. One special unit for each Chaos God only.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimahn View Post
    Who would've thought.

I bet their roster is about as good as the one for the Norsemen in Attila. One special unit for each Chaos God only.
    You actually can read the unit rooster on the steam page...

Senator

Full Unit Roster:

Legendary Lords:

• Archaon the Everchosen – Melee/Caster (Lore of Fire) (Race Leader)
    • Prince Sigvald – Melee
    • Kholek Suneater – Melee

Lords:

• Chaos Sorcerer Lord – Caster (Lore of Death, Metal or Fire)
    • Chaos Lord – Melee

Heroes:

• Chaos Sorcerer – Caster (Lore of Death, Metal or Fire)
    • Exalted Hero – Melee

Mounts:

• Dorghar, Archaon’s War Horse (Archaon only)
    • Gorebeast Chariot
    • Manticore
    • Chaos Dragon
    • Chaos Steed
    • Chaos Chariot
    • Barded Chaos Steed

Melee Infanty:

• Chaos Marauders
    • Chaos Marauders (Great Weapons)
    • Chaos Warriors
    • Chaos Warriors (Great Weapons)
    • Chaos Warriors (Halberds)
    • Chosen
    • Chosen (Great Weapons)
    • Chosen (Halberds)
    • Forsaken

Melee Monstrous Infantry:

• Dragon Ogres
    • Chaos Spawn
    • Chaos Trolls
    • Chaos Trolls (Armoured)

Melee War Beasts:

• Chaos Warhounds
    • Chaos Warhounds (Poison)

Melee Monsters:

• Dragon Ogre Shaggoth
    • Chaos Giant

Melee Cavalry:

• Chaos Knights
    • Chaos Knights (Lances)

Missile Cavalry:

• Marauder Horsemen
    • Marauder Horsemen (Throwing Axes)

Vehicles:

• Chaos Chariot
    • Gorebeast Chariot

Artillery:

• Hellcannon

From the Steam page.
    Total War: WARHAMMER - Chaos Warriors Race Pack

The Chaos Warriors Race Pack brings a new race with its own new Legendary Lords, units, mounts, items, quest chains and mechanics to Total War™: WARHAMMER®.

• Three new playable Legendary Lords.
      New Chaos Warrior mounts, units and monsters.
      New quests, magic items and abilities.
      New horde campaign playstyle.

Lay waste to the Old World as the dreaded Chaos Warriors. This Pack includes a full roster of bloodthirsty units, terrifying mounts and monstrous creatures. Lead the corrupted Chaos hordes as one of three new playable Legendary Lords. Embrace the Ruinous Powers as you embark on brand new quest chains, unlocking powerful items and gaining glory in the name of the dark Chaos Gods.

Beyond Kislev, beyond Troll Country, beyond even the barren Norsca Peninsula lies a land shrouded in darkness, frozen in an unnatural, never-ending winter. Here, the mortal realm and the immaterial realm of Chaos overlap, creating an uncontrollable gateway to that infernal dimension from which all manner of nightmarish creatures spew forth.

It is a place where few mortals have dared to venture, and even fewer have returned. The wild people that live in the lands to the south are devout in their worship of the Chaos Gods and many seek to journey north and offer themselves up to become tools of their will. Those that do survive this unholy pilgrimage and live to tell the tale are irreversibly altered. Clad in dark armour bearing the dread marks of ruinous favour, possessed of an unwavering resolve to carry out the will of their malevolent deities, with the indomitable Archaon the Everchosen as their leader, these are the mighty Chaos Warriors!

This pack makes the entire Chaos Warrior race from the main game playable in the Grand Campaign and multiplayer matches; as well as adding entirely new Legendary Lords, Lords, Heroes, Units, Magic Items and more.
    Last edited by von stoker; October 22, 2015 at 10:14 AM.

Making a DLC to make Chaos playable is bit of a f'ed up move IMHO. Such a huge and important part of WH being locked away from the player.

So the first DLC we get is for a faction already in the game, just unplayable unless unlocked by getting a DLC.
    Makes me think I will be waiting to buy until the DLC's are bundled with the game on sale.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

weird no marks?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Eh? Chaos as pre-order? Well, I don't care. I'll never play the "bad" guys anyway so! (Flies away on his pegasus.)

Not gona be pre-ordering, thats for sure. Kind of sad their marketing didn't change though. I mean come on, the game is 6 months away already. This can't possibly be content made "later" cut content right there.

Whatevs, as big of a warhammer fan as I am, I'll be waiting for those reviews before I buy it. Because this is a Total War game after all.
    Last edited by Aquila_Mars; October 22, 2015 at 10:43 AM.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Imperator Artorius's Avatar Miles

Anyone that didn't see this coming hasn't been paying attention over the last two years.

Hopefully no one is silly enough to pre-order...oh why do I bother.

That is a pitty they'd cut off one of the core faction at launch indeed. Although I'm fond of Chaos, I'll still wait for reviews at the launch of the game to buy it. If they are good and the game isn't broken, fps ed up, then I'd consider buying it. Meanwhile, even with the sole vanilla game, if it's good, it would keep me busy long enough to make a decision over DLCs. If the reviews are too bad, I will wait for a whole pack discounted on Steam after a dozen patches.

Don't fall for those preorder and marketing stuff: they'll say it's been developped upon spare time but it's actually pure cut content planned like so from the very start, no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost-Byte View Post
    Taken from the Steampage, described as "Pre-Purchase Total War: WARHAMMER now and get the Chaos Warriors Race Pack for free"
    Anyone surprised or impressed? I'm pissed, even though I should've known this would happen...
    Your pissed because you get a free Race? Are you children ever satisfied?

Quote Originally Posted by Manu La Canette View Post
    Don't fall for those preorder and marketing stuff: they'll say it's been developped upon spare time but it's actually pure cut content planned like so from the very start, no excuse.
    How can it be cut content if it is in the game at launch? If they made the Chaos Race and it wasn't in the game at launch, then it would be cut content. But it's in the game, so it cant be cut content. Seems pretty obvious to me that it isn't cut content. (Because it's in the game.)
    Last edited by HigoChumbo; October 22, 2015 at 12:23 PM. Reason: consecutive posts.

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

Free for pre-order, yes. Why would they announce something free before the game is even out, they'd put it in there simply without highlight.

It is free for pre-order. Meaning it won't be free after the game is out. Anyone buying the game from that point on will have to pay extra to play as chaos. That is not FREE LC.

So, knowing the horror that was Rome 2, people who will wait for reviews will have to pay extra. It is their way of countering "waiting for reviews". Pre-order fish bait, for the lack of a better word.

I'm not raging over it though, I was expecting it so I'm not surprised at all.
    Last edited by Aquila_Mars; October 22, 2015 at 11:06 AM.
    LET US SHOOT THE BOOT, MAKE THE TOPHAT GO MOOT

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by von stoker View Post
    Your pissed because you get a free Race? Are you children ever satisfied?
    It's not free. You have to pay the publisher in advance before you have any idea what kind of a product they are delivering. The opportunity cost is significant.

Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast