Thread: Sebidee's Better Battles Mod

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Default Sebidee's Better Battles Mod

Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=479826057

Hi guys,

Here's my own personal battle mod, it's designed to make battles longer and more enjoyable. It makes several changes to fatigue, morale, damage and pretty much every other aspect of battles.

I hate it when mods say they are in beta but you can add this one to the beta list too. I've already used it in two full campaigns but it may need some balancing tweaks so if you spot anything that can be improved please use the discussion forum on the steam workshop page.

Here are a list of the basic goals of the mod:

• Higher armour and shield stats and lower weapon damages, this makes battles last longer.
    • Charges have been slightly nerfed across the board. They are still strong but not super humanly strong like they are in vanilla.
    • Units become fatigued much faster when active (running, in combat etc). But regenerate slightly faster when idle. Over all you fatigue is now more important.
    • Towers can be captured more quickly.
    • Morale is a little more dynamic in its effects. Things that are bad for moral (like losing combat) are worse, while things that are good for morale (like winning combat) are better.
    • However, morale has been strengthened over all. Units will take longer to rout and also will usually not shatter. Units are therefore far more likely to return to combat.
    • Matched combat it much more likely. Units will engage in animations without any effect on combat.
    • Unit speeds have been tweaked slightly, light troops move quicker while heavy troops move slower.
    • This mod is made with compatibility in mind and does not use land_units or main_units. All of your unit mods should be fine.

I also recommend using my advisor mod, Sebidee's Minimal Battle Advisor, it cuts down on the number battle advisor speeches for a quiter battle experience.

You should also try out Magnar's Ammunition Refill mod. It works great with longer battles as you will probably need to refill your missile unit's ammo several times!

Thanks for reading, please leave a comment and rate the mod if you enjoy it

- Sebidee

Check out my other mods for Attila:

Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Default Re: Sebidee's Better Battles Mod

Will try it Sir Sebidee, seem nice work
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Yes me to...seems very good.

Hi Sebidee!
    Actually the link you posted is wrong, should be this one I suppose
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=539289917

Subscribed!

Is anywhere a nonsteam download link?

^^This^^ Be waiting that sweet nonsteam download.

Ok, did end up trying it. Great mod, my two cents on balancing would be that in the mod, when you capture those wooden towers you capture them instead of destroying. I liked it more in vanilla when towers were a problem and even after capture they just crumbled so you couldnīt use them. Made it so challenging and cool.

You are kidding me right?
    Where is no steam version?
    Why the hell someone post a mod to site which is like counterpart for steam workshop (which mean most mods nonsteam link) and dont post no steam link ?

Minimal Battle Advisor direct link

Please

thank