Thread: Cao Ang's Buqu

Default Cao Ang's Buqu

Gigantus, a question about RoTK? I'm not sure if it is a bug, but Cao Ang's buqu isn't replenishing or regenerating. He was like a flat 12+ then after a battle where his men dropped to 7, the unit never bothered to grow larger. Stuck at 7, then its slowly diminishing one by one (due to losses of subsequent battles) still without replenishing. I let him rest in the cities for 2 to 3 turns, still nothing. A word of advice?

Default Re: Cao Ang's Buqu

Could it be something to do with traits? IIRC traits can increase or decrease a general's maximum bodyguard count, but the game always starts them with the number for the unit from the EDU, which then drops and stops replenishing at whatever either the maximum bodyguard cutoff is (52 or something like that) or if the trait limits it further, even lower.

Then that is a horrible trait. Cao Ang is a veteran of 20 battles, triple gold experience bodyguards. Now I'm losing that precious troop one by one. I'm already 5 years in game time and its only now that his 15 or so bodyguard is never replenishing. It's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Genius of the Restoration View Post
    On large scale the standard bodyguard size is 24. Faction leaders get an additional 14, while heirs get slightly less at 8. In addition, the other modifiers of bodyguard size are personal security and influence. Each point in personal security gives two bodyguards, while you gain another two for every three points of influence. Age itself has nothing to do with it, though older members often have larger bodyguards because they have built up influence and maybe received traits like Spymaster.
    So it seems either his personal security or influence are lowered. I know this mod has a lot of complex traits that have a wide variety of effects, so it could be one or both of those has dipped low.

Hmmm, I checked his stats and progress...dude 20 victories and 10 cities taken, there is no way his career record will birth a negative trait in line with inactivity or lack of achievement. On the other hand, there is his Fate:crisis *facepalm*, I know historically Cao Ang dies when he is twenty due to Nanyang's betrayal, specifically due to a surprise attack and an arrow, but seriously? He is 22, has a completely different achievement record compared to his historical counterpart; is there anybody who worked on the game who can tell me if there's a way that he can literally defeat his fate:crisis *facepalms again*.

That's it. Fate: Crisis is MingYun1101, which is what's lowering his personal security, thus his bodyguard. It looks like there's 2 more levels to that trait, so he can snap out of it somehow.

Code:
    Trait MingYun1100
        Characters family
        NoGoingBackLevel  1
        AntiTraits MingYun9100
        Level MingYun1101
            Description MingYun1101_desc
            EffectsDescription MingYun1101_effects_desc
            GainMessage MingYun1101_gain_desc
            Threshold  1000
            Effect TroopMorale -2
            Effect HitPoints -15