Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Total War Rome II Aztec 2016 Graphics * 20/6/2016 Release Date

aztec's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Total War Rome II Aztec 2016 Graphics * 20/6/2016 Release Date

yes . its going on . dont worry

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

I must be a noob, but can you please post the installation instructions?
    GEM in DeI is looking a little too dreary for me, this looks like just what I need.

Slypear's Avatar Libertus

Oh, Aztec! This is beautiful! This goes absolutely perfectly with GEM! It's not necessarily realistic, but it's excellently stylized and extremely reminiscent of HBO's "Rome" and "300." Very, very nice!

Rome 2 is now easily one of the most gorgeous games I've ever seen thanks to GEM and Aztec's Lighting.

A PSA to all! If anyone's scrolling through and is on the fence concerning whether or not to download this, I just had to take a bit of time off from my ongoing Sparta campaign to show off some stunning screenshots!

Thank you for your superb work!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Additionally, the GEMFX preset I'm using is named Ad Finitum, which you can find here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...set-Ad-Finitum

Once more, absolutely breathtaking stuff!
    I'm not especially active on these forums, but I have made a super badass GEMFX preset for Rome 2 that I believe you will really enjoy.
    Check it out here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...set-Ad-Finitum

I am also currently working on a total overhaul of all the uniform colors in Rome 2 as well. Unreleased as of now.

Well, you were not kidding. That is truly beautiful. What are your specs, if you don't mind me asking?

Wondering the same thing. Some people say GEM kills performance on almost any preset, others say opposite. I have a quite old rig and Aztec's mod doesn't affect my framerate one bit while making game 100 times more beautiful. I would gladly use GEM too, but having lots of framedrops or going below 40 not gonna cut it for me...

I can't even run GEM. I get a "LumaCEG crashed" error almost as soon as the game loads (still in the white screen with the Rome II logo)

Hey! I'm running a fairly upper-mid-range rig, and I usually get very stable framerates unless the battles are 40v40 (which I am doing ) at 1.25x unit size.

GPU: AMD 7970 ghz edition
    CPU: AMD Vishera FX 8350 4.0 ghz
    RAM: 16 GB
    Monitor: 1920 x 1080p 60 hz

I run on Ultra settings. I have unit detail and terrain set to extreme. I have anti-aliasing turned off (as GEM injects its own AA).

The new visuals with GEM are absolutely stunning for what seems to be absolutely no cost.

I don't run the native GEM preset, so I can't really speak for it. However, when I'm running one of my own presets I don't notice any frame drops whatsoever (at max 1-2 fps?).

As for any people who have been having some hassle installing GEM, don't worry, I had a lot of trouble too. There are some instructions in this thread here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Version-1-0-9

Alekho, since it seems you've already encountered an error, I suggest you delete all files associated with GEMFX and redo the process. The justification is weird, but starting from the top is the best bet.

Edit: A pretty great before/after pic that really highlights how well Aztec's lighting works with GEM:

Last edited by Slypear; July 07, 2016 at 09:16 PM.
    I'm not especially active on these forums, but I have made a super badass GEMFX preset for Rome 2 that I believe you will really enjoy.

I am also currently working on a total overhaul of all the uniform colors in Rome 2 as well. Unreleased as of now.

Would someone be so kind as to post installation instructions?

Sure!

Copy/pasted from the thread I linked above:

Before downloading these files, make sure to read the section License Agreements.

Stand-Alone, Installation
    1: Download the file:
    <::> GEMFXv1.0.9 <::> >> (also for Attila TW)
    2: Start the installer and point out the location to your Application folder (something like D:\STEAM\SteamApps\common\ApplicationName\).

Rome II Total War, Installation
    (Only ToDo once)
    1: Download the file: (if link is "not working" do the following: right click on the link and use "save as", repeat that until it works -normally like 3 times-)
    <::> GEMFXSteamInstaller.zip <::> >> (Steam version uses GEMFX)
    2: Unzip the installer file.
    3: Start the installer and point out the location to your Rome Total War II folder (something like D:\STEAM\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\).
    4: Subscribe GEMFX on STEAM to download the latest GEMFX version (gem.pack).

(ToDo for each update on Steam)
    5.1: Run the R2 launcher to force the gem.pack download/update from Steam.
    5.2: Run GEMSteamInstaller in your Rome Total War II folder to install/update GEMFX from the new gem.pack.

Installation Notes::
    - Delete all prior GEM files
    - Update your .Net Framework and c++ vcredists
    - Get the new GEMFXSteamInstaller in the OP
    - Use in-game AA if UI-By-Pass enabled

- For typical injector problems, check here:http://sweetfx.thelazy.net/?page_id=112.
    -- Try also to delete all files (but "save_games" and "replays") in C:\Users\[My User]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2.

To Uninstall:
    Simply delete the dxgi.dll file from your Rome 2 folder

TO INSTALL CUSTOM PRESETS:

Download the preset you wish to install, then navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\GEMFX\Presets\current.

Move your desired preset into the current folder and overwrite and incompatibilities. Only one preset can be active at a time.

Good luck

Hi Slypear, thanks for your detailed answers! I have installed GEMFX using the standalone installation. How did you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Slypear View Post
    *snip*
    I think he meant install instructions for this mod. I'd like to know as well
    Art finds her own perfection within, and not outside of herself. She is not to be judged by any external standard of resemblance. She is a veil, rather than a mirror. -Oscar Wilde

I just realized it's a problem with the preset, not GEMFX itself. If I run it with default preset, it works. However, using another preset (Ad Finitum), it crashes

strange ... I thought there is a separate topic for GEM...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay the Byzantine View Post
    I think he meant install instructions for this mod. I'd like to know as well
    Yep. Thanks Slypear, but I'm talking about Aztec. I already have GEM + DeI (which is a lot of graphics overhaul). What I can't find is the install instructions in this thread... anywhere. The download comes with no installer so I put it in the data folder hoping to see something in the mod manager/launcher but there's nothing there. Then I renamed it from .rar to .pack and still nothing.

Once someone tells the installation instructions, also please tell the rest of us -- how did you know what to do?

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

You need to unzip the .rar-data to .pack-data for example with "7 zip".
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Whoops. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Iunius View Post
    You need to unzip the .rar-data to .pack-data for example with "7 zip".
    Basically what this guy said.

Download your choice of Aztec's mod in the original post. You should end up downloading a .rar file titled RomeII_Graphics_2016.rar

Use a program such as 7-zip or another extractor to extract/decompress the downloaded .rar folder and turn it into a normal folder.

Then, open up the new, extracted folder and you should find a file titled RomeII_Graphics_2016.pack.

Move RomeII_Graphics_2016.pack to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II\data

Done! Load up the launcher and tick romeii_graphics_2016 to enable it. Hit play, and you should have some pretty great vistas.

Good luck.

Edit: These instructions also apply to every other mod downloaded off of TWC that isn't an .exe

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
    I just realized it's a problem with the preset, not GEMFX itself. If I run it with default preset, it works. However, using another preset (Ad Finitum), it crashes
    Curiously, I've noticed other people having the same issue. A solutions others have found include:

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II and run GEMFX_Configurator.exe

The configurator will load up your current GEM preset's settings. Here, you can edit and personalize settings as you see fit.

Here in the main tab, tick bypass-UI off. Then, hit save and try running the game once more.

Good luck.

That did the trick Thanks! Now we just need to wait for Aztec to upload the new version with the fixed sun position

Quote Originally Posted by Alekho View Post
    That did the trick Thanks! Now we just need to wait for Aztec to upload the new version with the fixed sun position
    No problem! Happy to help.

SnickerSnack's Avatar Foederatus

Man I hate to be THAT guy, but I've been using AD Finitum (Thanks Slypear) for a while, and Aztec only recently, and yesterday I got into a battle that was so dark and foggy it was near unplayable. I feel like some of the weather in Aztec is too dark. Jus' sayin'. I don't want to uninstall it because most of the time it looks amazing, but when you get a random weather deal like that and are the defender (therefore unable to wait for better weather) it was just not fun.