Thread: Map

Default Map

Is there any way I could make, or at least see, a paintable map for EB 2.5a? Any changes coming up for the autumn release from that one?
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

Default Re: Map

There's an old one from 2.01 here, which has inaccuracies for 2.05.

There are map changes in the autumn release. I should know since I'm the one who implemented them.

Foederatus

What kind of changes?
    Small changes like different starting provinces for some factions, medium changes like changing the city of a province or adding minor settlements or big changes like eliminating some provinces and adding "new" ones?
    Sorry if this has been answered before, I have been away from the forums the past months.

Biarchus

From what I have understood from the forums over the last several months there are province changes in Illyria...

According to Quintus' statement a few days ago there are the following province changes:

1 western african province removed (Siga most probably, Siga/Lixus merged into one province)
    1 province in Britain removed
    1 unspecified european province removed (I personally suspect it to be Lugdunon since that area is really crowded in terms of provinces)

2 new provinces in Illyria added ( a: north Illyrian coast, the province capital Nesactium is located at the northeastern shore of the Adriatic Sea, between Patava and Segestika; b: southern Illyrian coast, capital Skodra is located southeast of Dalminion)
    1 province "moved around Arabia"
    1 new province "in the far east"

If I had anything to say about the province layout I'd probably remove another britain province, as well as another gaulic one, Moskagordu and Saffara (if the latter isn't the arabian province that has been moved around already) and would use those 4 provinces to:

split Pontos' starting province in two
    add two more provinces to the Iranian Plateau
    add one more province to the Indus Valley

I'd also add most of Gedrosia (= Makran desert) to Eremos and make it inaccessible
    add the northern half of each remaining steppe province to Eremos
    same for the norther half of Scandinavia
    change the eastern border of the african inland province just south of Lepki (name evades me at the moment - Phasania?) so that it's linked with Kyrene, just to enable massylia to potentially expand in another direction without going to war with Carthage
    significantly decrease the number of different pathways in and out of the Indus Valley - at the moment it somewhat feels a bit as if (exaggeration warning!) the whole region between Alexandropolis and Opiana were more or less "flat plains".

/end of daydream

Two more provincies in Illyria but not Amphipolis? Shame...

Foederatus

Thank you for the summary Shadowwalker.
    I was hoping for Anphipolis to make it as a new province.
    Maybe also a Phoenician province separated form Judea and I would dream about a Kerkyra (Corfu) as I was an important naval base for the Epeirotes, Makedonians and later Romans.
    Good news about the new provinces in Illiria really indicate a new faction around there ... I also hope for the Belgae to complete the factions list (I really want to play as them since EB I).
    Thanks to all the team for the hard work.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

2 new provinces in Illyria added
    Illyrian faction confirmed? :-D