Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picture Thread (Post Your Screenshots Here!)

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Picture Thread (Post Your Screenshots Here!)

Part 14 of my Let's Play as The British Tribes....Victory

My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

I have only taken your mod for test drive. The improved graphics are stunning!

I am a relative new comer to RTW1 (I have played STW2, and own MTW2, but have not played).

Right now I am play STW2/DM and RTW1/DM.

For myself, new and learning, there are lots of reasons to play an enhanced cousin of the original release. The learning curve is not so great. The many guides written when the game was first released are still relevant and useful.

DMR, AUC, RS, and EB ... so much antiquity ... so little time.

But I will get to it.

Thanks for the great job!

PS: Saul was the one who made me aware of AUC.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

谢谢!

You are very welcome - I hope you enjoy the mod =)

You recognize the 拼音 in my USER ID.

It is a long story. I run a business, and tried numerous time to register here with my domain name. Never got the activation.

Finally, I decided to try a GMail ID I have. I am actually, not Chinese, but living in greater China.

我也很高興認識你!

PS: BTW, your Chinese characters is 簡體字 (PRC); mine is 繁體字 (Macau, HK, Taiwan, and may Chinatowns overseas)

My bad, sorry! =P

No problem. I full expect simplified characters to replace the traditional characters (except for scholars). The CCP simplified the character set in the 50's to promote literacy. But many simplifications have been in long use anyway. I write traditional as I am in Taiwan. Even in Taiwan, people buy simplified printed books as the they can be less expensive. (unlike The West and ebooks; traditional bookstores are still thriving here)

---

You, Saul and many others got me to watch documentaries on Rome; as I started getting interested in the actual history of the Romans.

In many of the classic tales we see the wisdom of Sun Tzu and The Art of War. The Chinese had this down thousands of years ago without writing volumes like Von Clausewitz.

* Put you own troops with their backs to a river. They fight harder. Leave the enemy an avenue of retreat; (Romans) not only for morale, but better to butcher them when they run.

* How to get the enemy to remove his hands from your throat? Threaten something of value to him. Scipio invaded North Africa and Hannibal in Italy was recalled.
    Last edited by MeiguoJinjang; December 11, 2017 at 08:54 PM.

I remember reading about Sun Tzu; I travelled around China and saw many of the historical sites (Xi'an was fantastic). The Warring States Period reminds me of the Mediterranean (with the earlier Shang reminding me of Greece, and the Qin being the analogue to Rome).

Again, I'm glad you have such interest in the mod (and in Roman history)!!!!

The other day, I watched a you tube video on large scale (army level) close quarters ancient combat formations. It was fascinating. I never knew there was so much to it.

I wonder how the general got it down; banners? But then the generals were often in the thick of it and not on some hill. However, they did have the advantage of visibility as black powder smoke of cannons and muskets had yet to appear on the battlefield.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12