Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ab Urbe Condita "VI" Information & Download Thread

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Default Re: Ab Urbe Condita "Platinum" Information & Download Thread

It's fixed - elephants are pricier too

UPDATE - Turns out that 5.2 DID break saves, so I'd advise re-downloading the mod from scratch (check the link) and installing it on a fresh save. Sorry lads =/

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

I noticed that the battle AI handles your new formations very well. I've actually never seen the AI perform so well in any other RTW mod.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxXxRazor.GodxXxXx View Post
    I noticed that the battle AI handles your new formations very well. I've actually never seen the AI perform so well in any other RTW mod.
    Thanks; I went through the formations_ai file with a fine toothed comb, editing the various factions and their layouts. It's based off of Sinuhets 7.0 AI - I've still noticed glitching from time to time/AI army freezes etc but they're few and far between (so far)!

Shame that you cant play it without Alexander Expansion,anyways nice mod!

I joined TWcenter just to say: Thanks for this awesome mod. I have experienced some patchy slo-mo moments in game and a very occasional crash but don't take these observations as complaints as I have been hugely enjoying this mod for the last two weeks. The balance is just right for me at the moment. i got back into Total War Rome as I was very unsure that I wanted to invest in Rome2. I remembered that I enjoyed the original many years (2007? bloody hell) ago and had a failed attempt to use the Total Realism mod back when I had dial up internet. Cheers muchly!

OK so apparently I joined years ago but this is my first post.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Panavius View Post
    OK so apparently I joined years ago but this is my first post.
    Welcome, it's nice to see more interest, the mod certainly deserves it imo.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Panavius View Post
    I joined TWcenter just to say: Thanks for this awesome mod. I have experienced some patchy slo-mo moments in game and a very occasional crash but don't take these observations as complaints as I have been hugely enjoying this mod for the last two weeks. The balance is just right for me at the moment. i got back into Total War Rome as I was very unsure that I wanted to invest in Rome2. I remembered that I enjoyed the original many years (2007? bloody hell) ago and had a failed attempt to use the Total Realism mod back when I had dial up internet. Cheers muchly!
    Thanks for that! The slow mo/crash moments are rare I hope? (I've encountered them myself, and they are so uncommon I've been unable to repeat them). Apart from that though, I'm very glad you're enjoying it; feel free to upload some pictures on the Picture Thread or so!

@Saul Tyre - your videos are helping keep this thing going; glad you too are still enjoying it =)

Hi Zipzop. Just wanted to thank you for this great mod. You did an amaizing job by bringing together so many improvements while keeping the "vanilla" feeling of RTW. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jav999 View Post
    Hi Zipzop. Just wanted to thank you for this great mod. You did an amaizing job by bringing together so many improvements while keeping the "vanilla" feeling of RTW. Cheers.
    You're most welcome mate, enjoy the mod!

Hey Zipzop! This is the kind of mod i was hoping for without going to deep into realism but still had the awesome tweaks and units like one, it really reminds me of the darthmod but with the bonus graphics and added features.

I do have a question though, is there a way i can add the rebels faction to the campaign selection? I've recently found a let's play that was going throught the works and I wanted to try it out. Thanks again for looking into it and great mod!

Easily; just go into your AUC/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt file (open with Notepad). Inside you should see something like this;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ; Hand made campaign script
    ; Made in USSR

campaign imperial_campaign
    options bi
    playable
    romans_scipii
    baktria
    epirus
    parthia
    egypt
    seleucid
    carthage
    gauls
    germans
    britons
    greek_cities
    macedon
    pontus
    armenia
    dacia
    scythia
    spain
    thrace
    numidia
    saba
    end
    unlockable
    end
    nonplayable
    slave
    end

start_date -275 summer
    end_date 120 summer

night_battles_enabled

brigand_spawn_value 300
    pirate_spawn_value 300

Simply remove "slave" from nonplayable and put it under playable. Save and try it out!

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Guess the Alexander DLC's going on the Christmas list...
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Can this mod run in borderless window? I can't make it work with -ne

Allright lads! Figured I'd have another crack at the mod, and decided to make a few improvements. Introducing AUC VI (v6). This new version will require you to uninstall Platinum and replace it with this. VI is basically a greatly improved Platinum, with incorporated RSIII environments, AI enhancements, new walls, map improvements, unit reskins/improvements, a few bugfixes and additional tweaks. I have also updated the optional "British Cavalry Bodyguard" patch to be an automated installation, compatible with v6.

So, what does v6 have that Platinum doesn't? VI's changes include:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    * Incorporated RSIII battlemap water textures; kept the original RSII terrain/trees due to personal preference and style. The new water is a MASSIVE improvement on the original, and complements the pre-existing battlemaps well.
    * New custom logwalls added (the base courtesy of RedFox); Tier 2 walls and forts now contain towers and parapets which you or the AI can defend/attack (making forts that much more useful in defending a choke point or strategic region).
    * New AI scripts have been created in order to allow the AI to present a bigger challenge to the player. Accordingly, the starting budget has been cut drastically to accommodate this. The AI will now receive a cash boost when they run out of funds. As a result, the game will now be MUCH more difficult; in addition, you should see peripheral factions like Baktria, Numidia, Thrace and Dacia expand a little bit more now!
    * The Britons have been removed from Ireland; now they only own the 2 initial starter regions in England. Given the landbridge and new AI script I feel that starting territory is unnecessary, and may encourage the AI to expand
    southwards into Gaul (or remain in Britannia!).
    * Dun Ailinne is now a Rebel Village. Also expanded the size of Malta.
    * Additional landbridges added to Arabia and the Chersonese; this will allow the Sabaean AI to potentially invade mainland Africa (or the other way round), as well as allow movement between Panticapaeum and Tanais in Scythia.
    * Shiny new exe has replaced the original batch file; this hopefully circumvents the annoying "launch check" on Steam.
    * Additional text fixes/campaign description improvements.
    * Further additions to UI, in particular event messages.
    * Removed an incorrect loading screen and replaced it with an alternative.
    * Territory around Tomi cut slightly; now the provincial border runs directly along the Danube.
    * Multiple unit fixes, including:-
    - Additional pikemen skins; every Diadochi faction now has their own individual Machimoi, Kleruchoi and Pezhetairoi Pikemen skins.
    - Huge new array of officers for the Eastern, Hellenistic, Barbarian and Semitic factions.
    - New generals/lesser generals for Numidia and Spain, with accompanying strat models for the campaign map. Spain has been made more barbaric (in line with their Celtiberian roots) and now use barbarian generals.
    - Auxiliary Cavalry face tearing glitch fixed.
    - Parthian Noble Cataphracts removed as general_unit. This removes an old bug where both Noble Cataphracts and Generals Bodyguard units made Parthian generals. They are now a normal elite cavalry unit, and still recruitable!
    - Roman Triarii now only use spears in combat (previous versions switched to swords, negating the spear bonuses). Also, Roman Auxilia have improved battlemap shields.
    - New skins for Spanish Scortamareva (now spearmen, rather thann javelinmen). To compensate, Scortamareva stats have been increased.
    - Improperly aligned weapons fixed for Garamantine soldiers, with minor stat improvements.
    - Cost changes for Scortamareva and Roman Auxilia.
    - Longshield Cavalry removed from Spanish roster (to comply with their more "barbaric" roster). Only Numidia uses this unit now.
    - Epirote Agema UI tweaked.

You can download both of them here or on the first post of the forum. Happy gaming!
    Last edited by Zipzopdippidybopbop; September 28, 2017 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Guess the Alexander DLC's going on the Christmas list...
    Eyo' get it downloaded lad

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Can this mod run in borderless window? I can't make it work with -ne
    Try adding the -ne to the shortcut itself (the game no longer runs off a batch file). If that doesn't work, add the -ne command to your RTW-ALX.exe instead!

Default Re: Ab Urbe Condita "VI" Information & Download Thread

Oops, made one minor bug-fix for the British Cavalry General submod; turns out I forgot to edit the sounds (the cavalry guard still made the characteristic whistle of chariots when running) so that should be fixed now. Also added better shields and new UI cards for them.

Anybody using the British Alternative General submod should redownload off of Mod.db!

Lads, just realised that I hadn't included some of my more major changes (bug resulted in them being left out).

I'll have them fixed by tomorrow. In the meanwhile I've taken the mod off for download for the next few hours. Sorry!

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzopdippidybopbop View Post
    Lads, just realised that I hadn't included some of my more major changes (bug resulted in them being left out).

I'll have them fixed by tomorrow. In the meanwhile I've taken the mod off for download for the next few hours. Sorry!
    Will they and The British General bug fix be savegame compatible laddie or will I need to restart my LP?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; October 02, 2017 at 11:22 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre